Master Team - Micah 1/6 figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm OK if people laugh at my ideas. Not a problem on my end.

Here's my perspective on the matter - Cost of living is going up, and the events of the past few years have been a tough time for lots of people. Being in this hobby is a luxury. Also lots of collectors have hit a saturation point, also many are short on space as 1/6th takes up a lot of room.

Something I discussed in the military subforum about the 1/12th GI Joe Classified line and all other brands entering that sphere, is you can get 8-10 figures ( depending on what you buy and how, etc, etc) for the cost of one of the more expensive HT licensed sets. Smaller footprint. Cheaper to ship. Less of an investment. I do think there's something to be said for collecting interest at a slower speed.

So maybe the hobby has passed me by, that's entirely possible. And, also, to be fair, I am mostly a modern military 1/6th collector at the core, though I have a decent range of licensed movie/TV/game figures, etc, etc. So it's possible my ideas are simply more suited for military 1/6th.

IMHO, more collectors will be more likely to give a previously avoided "niche" a chance if the price points/value infused into the sets look extremely competitive and favorable. Also an area of the conversation that seems to be avoided is that consumer expectations does and will scale to the MSRP. Are some people going to complain about a 50 buck set or a 250 buck set no matter what? Sure, that happens. But I'm a big believer if you make it fun, budget friendly, creative and accessible, there's still a market there for it. I hold that many collectors won't hold a 80 buck or 100 buck budget set to the same exacting standards they might from a 250-280 dollar set. I also believe 80-100 dollar MSRP can get you more than a "Ken or Barbie in a shoebox"

I don't see the potential as "mediocre". I see the appeal of a budget friendly product that will probably require some work and love by hobbyists. Maybe a little paint, a little futzing, a little modifying. But I also wager for many, that's part of the fun. The "fun factor" in our hobby isn't the sole domain of the highest speed elements within.

Here's where we will likely agree to disagree. I'm a big believer in focusing on making a marketable product, using a marketable concept, then within those limitations, you do your best to try to uplift the art and creativity within that.

I see it differently. Not better, not worse, just different. I respect your vision, artistic skill and your role in the industry. If you say certain things won't sell in the hobby, given their current circumstances, I believe you. But I also believe myself when I say let's take a look at those circumstances and conditions and see what else is possible.

Maybe the critical difference here is I'd like to make a better toy that has some collectible elements to it, and you want to make a better collectible that has more artistic leanings. I believe there is room in our hobby for both. If you disagree, then you do. I'm OK with that.
I'm not laughing at your ideas I understand them from your point of view, I'm saying that the majority of collectors would laugh at a figure like you proposed because the standards have never been higher, more and more people want seamless arms, rolling eyes, rooted hair, etc.

I think something like that would've worked perhaps 10 or 5 years ago but not now because the hobby and the world have changed, production costs are at all time high and to make a 1/6 scale clothed figure $80 it would have to be a mediocre product because it's just simply not possible to produce a good quality product at that price and make a profit but the most important thing here is people are way less likely to spend money on a figure they don't care about just to get parts now then they were before, especially cowboy figures which only appeal to a very small demographic and even Damtoys has been having trouble with their military figures in that regard, if people are interested in parts from a figure they will just get them parted out they won't buy the figure.
Now don't take this the wrong way or anything, but anyone that assumes Micah would sell just as much as Sadie is, simply put, delusional. Theres no way man! Sadie deserves better than to be compared to that lunatic. lol
In fact, VeryCool's Sadie is nearly sold out everywhere already. I'd actually like to pick her up myself when I get the funds, but odds are she'll be long gone by the time I can get around to it. I get why MT made him instead of Sadie though, since VC has one coming out. But why not consider a more loved character like Hosea instead?
But just because people don't immediate jump on a purchase (like John for instance), doesn't mean no one is interested. Theres a lot of amazing figures out there, and it takes some time for collectors to catch up with pre-orders. Spending $600-$900 per month on a pile of dolls just isn't a reality for most collectors.
Another important factor manufacturer's might want to consider: what generation are most collectors from? Sure, RDR has a ton of fans, but not nearly as many older (talking 90's and early 2000's here) fans such as something like Metal Gear or Resident Evil has. Which is why those franchises always do great. And from what I've seen, there are way more mature collectors than there are teenagers or even collectors in their early 20's here.
I really wish Lim would consider putting as much care into a Resident Evil 1 Rebecca, Chris, Jill or Wesker as you guys did with RDR. I'd bet you would see some pretty impressive sales with those figures!
I have a feeling the MGS1 stuff will be doing pretty good as well.
I don't assume that, I'm taking into account the sales numbers of all the existing figures out there and the available pre-orders, just because a figure is sold out doesn't mean it sold amazingly well and Hosea would sell horribly, if collectors won't even PO one of the main protagonists who has been in the video game and western landscape since 2010 then they won't PO a side character from the sequel/prequel that isn't very interesting looking.

I don't think generation matters people buy what they want the most and it's not RDR figures, or video game figures as a whole what I consider a successful video game figure in terms of sales would be horrible for Hot Toys.

Anyway Master Team is working on the RE4 remake version of Leon and Ashley, we will do 1/12 Leon and I'm sure licensed alternatives will come up at some point, as far as MGS I've already confirmed multiple times Solid is still in active development and I'm very sure licensed figures will be announced when the inevitable remakes are announced.

Anyway I do not wish to derail this thread any further, I myself hope the figure sells enough to warrant production of a small batch cause aside from the hair I like the figure and that MT was open to make a figure that could fit with Lim's other cowpokes there's cool potential for displays involving gunfights or Arthur beating the **** out of him.

Anyway I do not wish to derail this thread any further, I myself hope the figure sells enough to warrant production of a small batch cause aside from the hair I like the figure and that MT was open to make a figure that could fit with Lim's other cowpokes there's cool potential for displays involving gunfights or Arthur beating the **** out of him.

Quick question, does Lim or MT have any interest in The Elder Scrolls or Fallout? Some amazing character designs in those games.

No offense but releasing a figure like what you suggest would be met with trolling, laughter, shock and more trolling.

The industry has advanced to the point where authenticity is the name of the game, collectors want the best tailoring, best sculpts, best paint, best accessories and best quality for the figured they buy and they aren't just buying a toy but a collectible of usually a Marvel, DC, Star Wars character they likely love or think is necessary to their collection.

Micah and other RDR characters simply aren't important to the vast majority of collectors out there which means they won't buy a Micah, a Sadie or even a John Marston, no matter if they are $230, $160 or $80 mediocre figures that come in a shoe box that more closely resemble Ken and Barbie dolls.

So we can spitball all day about possible solutions for RDR figures and how to get them sell or we can just look at the reality of the situation and accept almost nobody buys these figures and that making them is literally burning money but at least I got to work on John, Arthur and Dutch which will be the last RDR figure from Lim and we'll see what happens with Master Team's Micah I hope a small batch can be produced so I can add him to the collection and have a nice 4 figure display of the 2 protagonists and the 2 villains.
Thank you you all, interesting views. The icing on the cake is Dutch.

Now don't take this the wrong way or anything, but anyone that assumes Micah would sell just as much as Sadie is, simply put, delusional. Theres no way man! Sadie deserves better than to be compared to that lunatic. lol
In fact, VeryCool's Sadie is nearly sold out everywhere already. I'd actually like to pick her up myself when I get the funds, but odds are she'll be long gone by the time I can get around to it. I get why MT made him instead of Sadie though, since VC has one coming out. But why not consider a more loved character like Hosea instead?
But just because people don't immediate jump on a purchase (like John for instance), doesn't mean no one is interested. Theres a lot of amazing figures out there, and it takes some time for collectors to catch up with pre-orders. Spending $600-$900 per month on a pile of dolls just isn't a reality for most collectors.
Another important factor manufacturer's might want to consider: what generation are most collectors from? Sure, RDR has a ton of fans, but not nearly as many older (talking 90's and early 2000's here) fans such as something like Metal Gear or Resident Evil has. Which is why those franchises always do great. And from what I've seen, there are way more mature collectors than there are teenagers or even collectors in their early 20's here.
I really wish Lim would consider putting as much care into a Resident Evil 1 Rebecca, Chris, Jill or Wesker as you guys did with RDR. I'd bet you would see some pretty impressive sales with those figures!
I have a feeling the MGS1 stuff will be doing pretty good as well.

RR, I would kill for Wyatt, Doc and Johnny Ringo from Tombstone with the same love from Lim Toys as what Arthur got.

Any interest?
I prefer Wyatt portrayed by Kevin Costner and Doc by Dennis Quaid, I may be the only one. From Tombstone, Sam Elliot. Just to make it interesting The Sister Brothers....I only dream while awake.

I prefer Wyatt portrayed by Kevin Costner and Doc by Dennis Quaid, I may be the only one. From Tombstone, Sam Elliot. Just to make it interesting The Sister Brothers....I only dream while awake.
Definitely the only one. That movie was boring as hell, and Val Kilmer killed it as Doc and should have won the Oscar.

Adding a bunch of weapons or a Gatling gun won't persuade more people to buy RDR figures it will just increase the cost and make the figure sell less, Master Team tried to set Micah's price as low as possible but I still read comments complaining about the high price.

The reality is that while people are interested in seeing the figures they won't actually buy them, at least not the majority of them, the only RDR figure that sold well was The Gunslinger, all the others including from other brands have fared very poorly, because video game cowboys are probably as niche as you can get so there's no reason to keep putting them out, it's a waste of time, money and R&D.
About the RDR figures, I myself am a Red Dead super fan and honestly would buy them. The only reason I don’t is because it is in 1/6 scale. 1/12 is my preferred scale when it comes to collecting, and if you guys released more RDR figures in 1/12 scale I promise you I would buy them and I would advertise them on my pop culture page on Instagram and spread the word to help with pre orders. I would absolutely love to buy the entire gang, Arthur, John, Micah, Dutch, Javier, Charles, Hosea, Bill, Sadie Adult Jack Marston etc, and even some side characters like Landon Ricketts or hell even Red Harlow. I would buy all of these figures in a heartbeat if Lim decided to do more Red Dead figures for 1/12. When it comes to having people want to pre order them, they probably will if it was in a scale that was preferred. Just for me as a collector, 6 inch scale is my preferred scale. It’s easier for collecting and sells really well. I’d also love to see the Gang’s Horses from the game as well, like Baylock, John’s horse, The Count, and Arthurs Horse, and ofc all the others. You guys can even do separate packs with a bunch of alternate clothing options for the different characters and make more money that way, as well as adding their own unique collectibles. There’s a ton of things you can add to make consumers want to buy the products more. I’d buy the figures themselves, but if it came with the horses I’m sure a lot of people would buy them, and in 1/12 scale, it’s easier to pull off. So please, don’t give up on doing RDR figures. I want to see them come to 1/12 and I will always support you guys and help with pre orders. And ofc would purchase any gang member/ horse that comes to 1/12!

Attachments

• E7C47A87-8B83-452A-B896-CD2A6977B9A3.jpeg
    E7C47A87-8B83-452A-B896-CD2A6977B9A3.jpeg
    128.6 KB · Views: 0
  • D8CCD966-B5D1-415B-944F-CE495E19C208.jpeg
    D8CCD966-B5D1-415B-944F-CE495E19C208.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20A669F1-DE67-45E9-8B34-6C7D560CE236.jpeg
    20A669F1-DE67-45E9-8B34-6C7D560CE236.jpeg
    949 KB · Views: 0
  • D39AD1E2-F135-492E-A598-FB27424D50FE.png
    D39AD1E2-F135-492E-A598-FB27424D50FE.png
    4.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 48532B05-BB7B-4ADF-A0F1-4301F3BF1252.jpeg
    48532B05-BB7B-4ADF-A0F1-4301F3BF1252.jpeg
    390.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 9B2E6DD7-6FFB-4031-98EE-BD4F43826A07.jpeg
    9B2E6DD7-6FFB-4031-98EE-BD4F43826A07.jpeg
    774.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 0AD9E818-0A74-491F-A8E1-61C953852D63.jpeg
    0AD9E818-0A74-491F-A8E1-61C953852D63.jpeg
    734.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 3C952210-248C-43A2-84A1-3191D7F5C85F.jpeg
    3C952210-248C-43A2-84A1-3191D7F5C85F.jpeg
    453.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 27F76EEE-AC32-437B-83F5-E7DF817DC6EC.png
    27F76EEE-AC32-437B-83F5-E7DF817DC6EC.png
    5.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 139DFCA8-64B4-4214-A34B-F6405F369726.png
    139DFCA8-64B4-4214-A34B-F6405F369726.png
    6.1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
To be honest I dont think youve derailed this thread at all. Your opinions and views are more than welcome. I for one have waited for more of this line with baited breath and am genuinely excited for John and Dutch!!! Im glad Master Team have picked up Micah and as sad as it is I completely understand the lack of customers willing to buy these figures. Perhaps the wider fan base isnt aware or maybe there just isnt enough die hard fans of RDR in the 1/6 community. Either way Ive appreciated every release and announcement. As magic as it would be to have more of the Van Der Linde gang I completely get the financial strain thats caused by lack of pre orders once prototypes are announced. Heres hoping MT Toys picks up where LIM had left off and at least gives us a Javier and maybe Bill to round out the gang from RDR1. Or even some other side characters like Landon Rickets! That would be absolutely fantastic. As nice as it is to dream these requests will be met the reality is that cowboy figures are a very niche market, to expect the remainder if the gang would be unrealistic as Id imagine no one os hoping to see Mr.Pearson or Molly (apart from me ofcourse) these characters, as awesome as they are just didnt make the same impact. Being side characters id imagine it would take some serious success with Micah to even begin thinking about hoping for them. I also agree that apart from the hair Micha actually looks pretry good. My only gripe is they chose the black coat instead of his brown 6 buttoned jacket seen at the start and end of the game. I genuinely think that would have looked more impressive, in saying that the black coat looks more cost effective so i see why it was used. All up im happy we get John and Dutch in the future! Thank you for all of your contributions to this amazing line!

Last edited:
I've been wanting to preorder Micah for months & have just been waiting for my finances to rebound. He's the first thing I'm grabbing when things even out next month.

I love Marvel & DC & Star Wars & am simultaneously also kinda' weary of buying figures from those i.p. Right now the '89 Batman Hot Toy is the only figure from a major i.p. I have preordered. Otherwise, it's John & Nate from Lim, & that new Ragnarok Kratos, & soon Micah. I wish the fans who want this stuff had more money to spend. The 2020s have been rough.

Back