Mass Effect 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I am 27 hours in, done all side missions and all but 1 'scan mission' and am about to:
Spoiler Spoiler:

How much more game is there after this mission?

Thanks

My Shepherd carried over as well. After getting my readiness up to 62%, I got the ending I wanted. I'm looking forward to the DLCs and hoping they flesh out the ending a bit more.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

You go back to earth after that which is the end, but its a pretty long level.

I figured, so wanted to do all the 'scanning' nonsense first. Thanks for clarification

Game has been good, but this one seems a lot shorter than last two. ME2 took me 45 hours first playthrough - this one is under 30 so far.

Well, that doesn't sound too good...:(

Where you disappointed with the ending as well Jen?

I was. Don't get me wrong I love the game and the series...it's just a bit depressing no matter what you do - and I wouldn't mind a bit more closure with some of the other characters. I have to wonder if Bioware gave us the ending they did - knowing that many of us would then shell out additional $$ in DLCs to properly wrap this series up.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Last edited:
Biowares rep in regards to DLC has to make you wonder. For those that bought the standard version, did you pay the $10 for Javiik?

I got it for free - but would have paid. Javiik is an awesome crew member. I used him a lot in ME3 plus his special power kicks ass. I ended up using it myself.

Biowares rep in regards to DLC has to make you wonder. For those that bought the standard version, did you pay the $10 for Javiik?

While I bought the N7 edition, I would have paid for it regardless. If they have a reason like it wasn't finished in time before the game went gold or if there wasn't enough room on the discs for it, that's fine with me. I would rather it be day 1 DLC than getting it at a much later date or possibly not at all.

I didn't and now seeing that video that was posted and seeing that it is just locked content already on the disc, makes me really mad. So unless they release a better ending I won't be buying any of their DLC.

I didn't and now seeing that video that was posted and seeing that it is just locked content already on the disc, makes me really mad. So unless they release a better ending I won't be buying any of their DLC.

I wonder if that was just on the PC version or if it was already on the discs for consoles...but yeah..that is sketchy. Bioware knows what a hit ME is and are milking it for all it's worth. I am the type of customer they love because I'll probably buy it all....I love this game too much...the question is if I will buy any other games from Bioware knowing all that I do. But I'm so invested in this game already...they got me. :(

Considering the 360 download was like 600 or 800 MB (can't remember), I can't imagine it takes that big of a download just to unlock something on disc. I think the framework for him and some of the conversations / renderings of him were on disc but not the actual mission, similar to Kasumi or Zaeed.

Switching the discs every time you go from side mission to main mission is stupid. It appears all the 'Priority' missions are on disc 1, and the side missions are on disc 2.

I don't understand why they couldn't put it on once disc? Skyrim is more massive than Mass Effect and it fits onto one disc....and the textures that load in the distance are actual playable areas, unlike in Mass Effect they are just the background.

I just don't think Bioware is as skilled as Skyrim; in terms of technical prowess.

If anyone wants to play Multiplayer on LIVE hit me up: The ill Jedi

I'm aiming to get my Galactic Readiness as high as possible. Don't want a bad ending.

If anyone wants to play Multiplayer on LIVE hit me up: The ill Jedi

I'm aiming to get my Galactic Readiness as high as possible. Don't want a bad ending.

Get all the war assets you can. I had about 7,100 and a readiness of 63% thanks to that infiltrator ipad game and I was able to get the "best" ending.

Switching the discs every time you go from side mission to main mission is stupid. It appears all the 'Priority' missions are on disc 1, and the side missions are on disc 2.

I don't understand why they couldn't put it on once disc? Skyrim is more massive than Mass Effect and it fits onto one disc....and the textures that load in the distance are actual playable areas, unlike in Mass Effect they are just the background.

I just don't think Bioware is as skilled as Skyrim; in terms of technical prowess.

lol come on man....
Notice how your character doesn't speak in Skyrim at all...or how there are no cut scenes at all. In Skyrim the other person talks but they don't really do anything while talking. Its basically a maniquin staring at you.

In the Mass Effect series not only is there a cut scene for every time Shepard talks but there are actually 3 of them (and sometimes more) for which ever dialogue option you choose....and then of course there are 3 fully animated cut scenes (and again sometimes more) for how the other character responds to you.
And the characters move around within the cut scene as well as having fairly advanced facial animation.

Thats what takes up the vast majority on the discs.

....also Mass Effect 2 and 3 have additional cut scenes that are pulling through information from your previous save files, again increasing the size of the games.

As to how they've split the content between the 2 discs, I have no idea why or how they've split it. I don't think its as arbitary as your saying but I haven't paid that much attention so maybe ...Mass Effect 2 seemed to have a better split with less disc changes.

I love Bethesda's gigantic games but I wouldnt' say they are more technically advanced. Their character animation in Skyrim is still worse than Mass Effect 1 which was 5 years ago now....

I just had both disks ready to go, so while its a little annoying, it wasnt a real issue. On the last mission now. Have really enjoyed the game, though its way, way shorter in length than the last 2. And I got the N7 CE with Jaavik - he's been my favorite person to take on missions

Get all the war assets you can. I had about 7,100 and a readiness of 63% thanks to that infiltrator ipad game and I was able to get the "best" ending.

Good to know - have 63% overall, with the military strength bar at full - looking forward to end, but everyone's got me worried with the endings. I've heard nothing good from anyone

Mate, the endings are pants.

So I think there is some sort of bug on my game as the terminals in the side mission "hanar diplomat" on the citadel won't let me access them? I have enabled the terminals in the spectre computer. I'm annoyed as i'm 20 hours in and don't want to restart the whole game but want all the war assets.

I wonder if that was just on the PC version or if it was already on the discs for consoles...but yeah..that is sketchy. Bioware knows what a hit ME is and are milking it for all it's worth. I am the type of customer they love because I'll probably buy it all....I love this game too much...the question is if I will buy any other games from Bioware knowing all that I do. But I'm so invested in this game already...they got me. :(

Considering the 360 download was like 600 or 800 MB (can't remember), I can't imagine it takes that big of a download just to unlock something on disc. I think the framework for him and some of the conversations / renderings of him were on disc but not the actual mission, similar to Kasumi or Zaeed.

Only the character is unlocked through changing the command line in the game's 'coalesced' files, as shown in the video. The DLC mission(s) associated with the From Ashes DLC is what comprises The 600mb download when it is purchased. it's the same on consoles and pc.

Mate, the endings are pants.

So I think there is some sort of bug on my game as the terminals in the side mission "hanar diplomat" on the citadel won't let me access them? I have enabled the terminals in the spectre computer. I'm annoyed as i'm 20 hours in and don't want to restart the whole game but want all the war assets.

Also, I've already come across a mission that seems to be bugged. It's called Citadel: Hanar Diplomat. After getting the quest you're supposed to go to the specter terminal and activate the Hanar choice, and then go to more terminals on walls around the Citadel. But the terminals don't show as objectives so you can't click on them.

Anyone else run into this bug?

Same thing happened to me and has been plaguing a lot of people. I just made a new character and after coming back from the Palaven mission that was the first mission I did, and it worked.

Back