Mass Effect 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mass Effect: Discover the Origins of the Illusive Man
Written Thursday, July 15, 2010 By Richard Walker

Who is the Illusive Man? Yes, we know he's technically Martin Sheen, but who is he really? BioWare and Dark Horse Comics are set to deliver the answer to that very question with a new four-issue comic book mini-series entitled Mass Effect: Evolution, set to launch in January 2011.

The creative team behind previous ME comic book series, Mass Effect: Redemption, Mac Walters, John Jackson Miller and Omar Francia will re-unite for Evolution with Y: The Last Man cover artist Massimo Carnevale joining the trio.

"The basic idea was that the Illusive Man is, by nature, one of these guys we don't know much about," explained Mass Effect game writer Walters to IGN. "Going forward in the games we were thinking we didn't want to reveal too much about him (in the present), but we could look into his past and see how he become the Illusive Man and, maybe moreso, where Cerebus came from and how it started. We certainly have a lot of material we've developed internally about this that's not out there publicly and we thought this would be a great forum to share that."

Evolution, as a Mass Effect prequel will explore where the Illusive Man came from as well as offering an insight into the early days of the Mass Effect universe, "...not long after the discovery of the Mass Relays connecting our solar system to the galaxy," Miller revealed. "It shows us one of those important moments when humanity realised just how dangerous that galaxy was. Yes, there's wonderful opportunity out there, but there are also perils; as our story opens, we're in the middle of the First Contact War with the alien turians."

The focus is very much on the Illusive Man for the new comic books though, whose history was deliberately meant to be shrouded in mystery according to Walters: "One of the questions we asked ourselves when developing the Illusive Man for the game was who was this guy and how did he get here, how does someone come to have this much power and view this world the way he does? And really there's no way to explore that in the game otherwise he wouldn't be illusive! So the opportunity to explore him (made sense to us)."

Mass Effect: Evolution will be released in January 2011, but there's also the third Mass Effect novel - Mass Effect: Retribution to still look out for, which also deals with the Illusive Man - that according to various retailers is set for a July 27th and August 5th in North America and Europe respectively.

Hope you're not sick of Mass Effect 2 yet. BioWare just announced yet another new downloadable expansion pack for the game called "Lair of the Shadow Broker."

No other details were revealed. BioWare says the expansion is "coming soon." Three new screenshots are posted in the gallery.

Here's a quick rundown of the plot.

"Two years ago, Commander Shepard died and Liara T'Soni fought in a desperate struggle against the Shadow Broker to recover her former Commander. Now that Shepard is back, it's time to even the score."

Hope you're not sick of Mass Effect 2 yet. BioWare just announced yet another new downloadable expansion pack for the game called "Lair of the Shadow Broker."

No other details were revealed. BioWare says the expansion is "coming soon." Three new screenshots are posted in the gallery.

"Two years ago, Commander Shepard died and Liara T'Soni fought in a desperate struggle against the Shadow Broker to recover her former Commander. Now that Shepard is back, it's time to even the score."

I haven't bought any of the DLC yet, but at this rate I think I will just wait for the inevitable GOTY edition with them all included. Hopefully it will flow smoother that way too.

Maybe this will make up for the lack of Liara in Mass Effect 2. That "cameo" appearance she made was pathetic considering how important she is in the story.

Liara is my fav char! She better be a central part in ME3.
I think she was left out of the team so it would not be possible for her to die, so she'll have a major role in me3.

THIS is the DLC I've been waiting for. :rock

We are pleased to announce the next Mass Effect 2 DLC Lair of the Shadowbroker will be available on both the PC & Xbox 360 on Tuesday Sept 7 and cost 800 BioWare/Microsoft points. Team up with Liara and chase clues from the luxurious heights of Illium to the Shadow Broker's own secret lair. Adds the Shadow Broker intel center, new research, and five new achievements – and the chance to continue a relationship with Liara.

From the ME 2 Facebook page.

I forgot the new book is out now...gotta get it - love the novels as much as the game. havent really supported the DLC the way I should be, plan to make up for that soon

Wow just got thane for my team.
This game is just unreal.
After MGS story line this is one of the best I have played.
Man the trap set by the collectors. wow that was amazing escaping the collectors star ship.

Visuals in this game are unreal on the 360.
very impressed.
Omw to help grunt.
So far my fav character is thane. So bad ass.

Volpin Props Volpin Props
Mass Effect M8 Avenger Assault Rifle:

https://volpinprops.blogspot.com/2010/08/mass-effect-m8-avenger-assault-rifle.html

4923931211_0a3d37a65e_z.jpg

Amazing!

Back