Marvel's WHAT IF?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I watched it again today and still really enjoyed it. I'm fine with this series just seemingly being what it's been marketed as, a full on pocket universe where they just twist some of the existing MCU tropes for the fun of it. I'm guessing this episode wasn't too different than when Jane Foster became Thordis in the 70's.
View attachment 534707

One thing that did annoy me on the rewatch was Peggy breaking down the physics of how the monster would go back through the portal to Howard. Okay she took the serum so she gets to do Steve's thing but also having her one up Howard with the science? Come on now. Otherwise I still loved the animation and action and thought it was fun to hear so many authentic MCU voices.
She ended up marring Odin in that story… that was the crazy twist lol.

Not all What If? Stories are created equal, that’s for sure. But the best of the took it to another level. Since this is most likely a 6-8 episode series instead on a continuous running comic then there is no time for this sort of fluff the first episode offered us… :lol

The animation was nice and the acting and action was solid… just the story was ok.

It did prove that TFA movie could have been told in a 1/2 hour ;)

How did Red Skull get the Tesseract back? I mean Carter found it first and then Skull had it somehow. Did I miss something?

The Tesseract was the power source of Steve's HYDRA Stomper suit and RS got it back after setting off the explosives on the train.

And I totally agree that TFA could have been a 30-40 minute sequence compartmentalized within a larger movie. In fact in the dream Captain America movie I always envisioned in my head it would have taken place in both the past and the current time just for the heightened juxtaposition of eras within a single film. If they wanted to do that with the existing 2011 film then having Cap fall into the ice during the train sequence would have been the easiest branch point.

But when I imagined Cap coming to the big screen back in the day movie sequels weren't coming out a short 12 months later so I'm sure that was part of the reason that they felt they could spend an entire film in WWII. Either way I love TFA (it *might* be my favorite MCU film due to it being about nothing but Cap and his archnemesis and how it's one of the most self-contained films in the entire Saga.)

Last edited:
I won't be watching these. What if Anakin cut off Kenobi's legs? What if Greedo shot Han in the face. This is stuff Kevin Smith would have discussed with his doobie smoking friend on Clerks.

These need to be more than just “what if this character had that characters powers instead”. Super boring and lazy.

These need to be more than just “what if this character had that characters powers instead”. Super boring and lazy.
Agreed, it seems that next one is what if T'challa became Star-Lord, when it should be what if Yondu alien abducted T'challa instead of Quill. It seems virtually impossible that T'challa would grow up to pick the exact same name, helmet, guns etc which would have been individual choices made by Quill.
It would be more creative to see how different the choices made would have been.

Agreed, it seems that next one is what if T'challa became Star-Lord, when it should be what if Yondu alien abducted T'challa instead of Quill. It seems virtually impossible that T'challa would grow up to pick the exact same name, helmet, guns etc which would have been individual choices made by Quill.
It would be more creative to see how different the choices made would have been.
The name I get because T’Challa is royalty, so that’s probably where his Star Lord name came from.

Khev is just sad that all those well constructed soliloquies that he wrote expounding the virtues of the ST will be lost forever in time... only to be remembered one day when TheDucky's grandchildren meet up with Jye's grandchildren at some future "nostalgic event" where they show old toys from the "dark and undiversified past" of our authoritative fore-bearers.

42d9c4f6a8e7f820be60cc54eec4a1c0.gif

Khev is just sad that all those well constructed soliloquies that he wrote expounding the virtues of the ST will be lost forever in time... only to be remembered one day when TheDucky's grandchildren meet up with Jye's grandchildren at some future "nostalgic event" where they show old toys from the "dark and undiversified past" of our authoritative fore-bearers.
Hopefully a Terminator was created to intervene for such an event...created by Mark Hamill's offspring.

Back