MARVEL'S: LOKI

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Loki S1 and S2 are extraordinary. I like that they call it two halves a book. That's really what it feels like and I love how his story was written.

Phenomenal arc for the character. And I love that you can follow Loki's story from his introduction to The Avengers, then follow it through Infinity War or through Loki. And both versions try to do what's right at the end.

That was a terrific finale. The story, visuals, music and acting all came together beautifully. Hiddleston’s acting during the countless attempts to fix the loom was sublime, and he was positively transcendent as Loki came to the realization that the only solution was to finally be the GOD that in the past he so often claimed to be. A truly heroic & selfless end to his character arc that I didn’t think they could pull off. Wow, just….wow.

Nothing else I can say that hasn't already been said here. It was an amazing show. I'm in awe at how good it was... I already watched the last episode a few times. The dialogue was just *chefs kiss*... his conversation with Mobius about how Purpose is more burden then glory was absolute perfect. And that last scene of him... amazing!

We need more of this and less of that goofy garbage like Quantumania and Love and Thunder.

Almost as if it were well written.
Yeah, that's what makes it earned.

A character's fears are stated. Many times.
i-hope-you-know-you-deserve-to-be-alone.gif

He runs from that fear before accepting it. I loved that He Who Remains has a plan that hinges on Loki and Sylvie both acting selfishly and cowardly for their own interests. He gives Loki two options that serve Loki's best interests and tells him which loss he'll take, and Loki breaks the cycle by doing something He Who Remains didn't plan on: selflessness for the sake of others.

He runs from that fear before accepting it. I loved that He Who Remains has a plan that hinges on Loki and Sylvie both acting selfishly and cowardly for their own interests. He gives Loki two options that serve Loki's best interests and tells him which loss he'll take, and Loki breaks the cycle by doing something He Who Remains didn't plan on: selflessness for the sake of others.
:exactly: :lecture :exactly:

Shame he ends up alone after his whole character arc of not wanting to be alone and finding a family :lol
To be a Ringbearer is to be alone :monkey3 ...er...I think the conversation with Mobius - and actually a lot of the MCU now that I think about it - is accepting "it's not about you". When Loki wanted stuff before, it also would have given him glory, love, etc. Dr. Strange, Tony Stark also gave all. Steve Rogers was always willing to give all, he finally got a win.

So Loki is now a true hero like his brother and the others. Before he said freedom was life's great lie, and now re Sylvie he's given all a chance. So epic. The circle is now complete.😁

And I get to ponder my own D+ journey. Many moons ago, I happily subscribed to D+, so sure TFAWS would be an outrageous, action filled, hilarious but poignant frenemy road trip. A series that gave new meaning to cringe speeches, messaging, and boat building, as well as trashing the character of Steve Rogers for being "insensitive":stake. The mildly entertaining Hawkeye. The forgettable grade school Bollywood thing. The outright insulting cringe fest/wasted actors (except for that British woman) of SI:poop::rolleyes:. Moon Knight which was sort of OK-ish at least the costume was cool.

The only one in the rewatch/binge category is Loki. Managed to find the source of Loki's quote - from the poem "Little Gidding" by T.S. Eliot - which according to one commenter can take a lifetime to explore:
"
Every phrase and every sentence is an end and a beginning,
Every poem an epitaph. And any action
Is a step to the block, to the fire, down the sea's throat
Or to an illegible stone: and that is where we start.
We die with the dying:
See, they depart, and we go with them.
We are born with the dead:
See, they return, and bring us with them."
We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
E.g. T.S. Eliot (in brief) pondering time, future, past, choices...

Tells ME that Loki for whatever reason has writers who can actually write, are actually educated, and didn't create a show just for TikTok memes.👏👏👏 Very fitting for an actor like Hiddleston.

Last edited:
Loki’s costume being formed in the energy field was freaking epic.

I still can’t get over how spectacular that last episode was.

Crazy how while Marvel hits rock bottom this finale rose like a phoenix.

Even the opening Marvel title card going in reverse was awesome.

The music was :thud:

Glorious purpose indeed.

Last edited:

Amazing take. You're 100% right.

Loki’s simple comfortable costume made perfect sense because first it lacked arrogance and pompous aesthetics it was just a matte green color and it also needed to be comfortable (yes with slippers) because he was going to be sitting alone forever so it acted as a comfortable blanket.

I'm still absolutely gobsmacked at what Marvel pulled off with Loki. The whole MCU has had its highs and lows, and yet Loki has been a standout since Phase 1 in Thor. Villains came and went, but Loki remained. Characters stagnated, regressed, or retired. But Loki remained. And that's driven so much by Tom Hiddleston's performance and how much the fans just loved the character, even after he was "supposed" to die for good.

And you could see it. Even 10 years ago, at Hall H at Comic Con...

There was just something there. A character that the audience and fans didn't want to let go of. He was "supposed" to be a disposable villain. He was supposed to be treated more as a pitiable failure. He wasn't the lead. He wasn't the hero. His fate - in-universe and out - was to simply lose so the "real" heroes would rise up and save the day.

But they had too good a thing going.
loki-yeah.gif

Now... is there ANY character in the MCU with as thorough a character arc as Loki has received? Any character who has changed and grown and evolved into something better and better and better each time he appears?

The themes of the show resonate strongly with me. How so much of life tells you what to be, what you're born into, what you're fated to become... and Loki as a show is a giant middle finger to the very concept of a standard status quo. To "fate" and "destiny".

All those forgettable one-off antagonists came and went. Who even recalls Malekith, or Najma, or Killian?

And yet, at the end of time, Loki remains.
e734f031ed7750aa9fe4b51481f010e1f9d5fba3.gifv

If this is truly the end, what a note to go out on.

This ended wonderfully. I was just sitting watching with my mouth open in awe.
I keep thinking how the end scenes and some others would have looked in theater. Plus it's been a while since the MCU had any scenes or lines I found really moving or think of long after, not since some End Game scenes. IMO the last interactions between Loki and Mobius, Loki and Kang were actor perfection. Quiet scenes but every second was - perfect. Hiddleston is amazing.

I keep thinking how the end scenes and some others would have looked in theater. Plus it's been a while since the MCU had any scenes or lines I found really moving or think of long after, not since some End Game scenes. IMO the last interactions between Loki and Mobius, Loki and Kang were actor perfection. Quiet scenes but every second was - perfect. Hiddleston is amazing.
I remember back in season 1, there was criticism over Majors' portrayal of He Who Remains, and how much of a clown he was. I love how he switched into a more serious tone as soon as Loki laid down his cards.

If they're recasting Kang, I hope they get someone as good as Majors. If he is found to be innocent, then I hope Marvel/Disney keeps him.

Back