MARVEL'S: LOKI

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What about it? S1 ended with Loki being sent to the TVA's

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

I'll just sit tight and watch the finale.

I may give season 2 a go since the response here is mostly positive. I was gonna skip due to just not caring about MCU any more.

I watched Love and Thunder and Ant Man: Quantumania due to the mrs wanting to watch them but skipped pretty much everything else of the past couple years. It is just all so poorly written but the comments here indicate that Loki s2 is better so perhaps the MCU has something worth watching in its death bed. I hope I like it!

I may give season 2 a go since the response here is mostly positive. I was gonna skip due to just not caring about MCU any more.

I watched Love and Thunder and Ant Man: Quantumania due to the mrs wanting to watch them but skipped pretty much everything else of the past couple years. It is just all so poorly written but the comments here indicate that Loki s2 is better so perhaps the MCU has something worth watching in its death bed. I hope I like it!
Don't want to give you any unfair expectations, but Loki S2 definitely runs circles around Quantumania and Love & Thunder, by my metric.

This might be my favorite MCU property post endgame. Movie or TV show. Absolutely incredible. Probably the best finale to any of their shows.

Spoiler Spoiler:

God I hope this show gets proper recognition.

Clearly the sign of a well written show.... The writers must be Jar Jar Abrams and Ruin Johnson fans..
I think it's more that I have no idea about any of the comic book lore and the ending is clearly aimed at fans who recognise all of this stuff.

I think it's more that I have no idea about any of the comic book lore and the ending is clearly aimed at fans who recognise all of this stuff.
Yep.

My first reaction was "chaotic. WTF. Jerky." but there's something mesmerizing about it too. The interactions between Loki and Mobius remain stellar with Hiddleston and Wilson continuing to knock it out of the park. But the other actors do a fine job; appealing characters sort of morphing into a ragtag team.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Overall, I liked Season 1 better - lol partly because of all the Lokis, partly because I'm not comic immersed to understand everything in Season 2; but I'm not the kind of person who's good with time and thoughts of infinity "I'm a simple man making his way through the universe." :monkey3 On the other hand, IMO this was a lot better handling of time concepts than the smaltzy rehash in End Game. It brought up the concepts of choices, and what those choices mean. Actual stakes.

As much as can be crammed into a TV series, tho this series didn't look cheap to do, at all. I need to watch some YT breakdowns and rewatch. I waited to binge watch and dodged spoilers. For me it's the best of the series; can't even remember Ms. Marvel something something bracelet something.

Yeah i thought season 1 overall was much better. This season was up and down for me but still one of the better recent MCU. Sylvie was sidelined quite badly. I love her character and to see that happen was disappointing. As much as I liked all the new characters there were too many and meant that the core characters all suffered. The three leads just didn’t get as much to do and didn’t feel like there was much character progression.

BUT. That last episode was pretty amazing. On a purely visual storytelling level it was incredible even if I didn’t understand a lot of it on a literally. Sure it was basically Groundhog Day lol but it was well done and I will admit Majors I thought was much better as Kang in this episode than he was in the season 1 finale.

Spoiler Spoiler:

The best praise I can give “Loki” is I don’t give a crap about the character in the comics, or MOST of the MCU. I had no real interest when a “Loki” show was announced. I thought they were scrapping the bottom and bringing back a character I thought was fine staying dead in Infinity War…

… yet this became one of my favorite MCU projects, and by the end I was on the edge of my seat as the main character achieved his “glorious purpose”.

Now I’m just sort of stunned silent and digesting what we experienced.
Sad-Pablo-Escobar.jpg

Loki ran circles around every other MCU project post-Endgame, I think.

Loki ascended to actual godhood and freed the multiverse giving all free will, downside is it also frees all of the Kangs.

This is how we will get Deadpool and Fox-verse/Mutants in the MCU.
I understand the overall plot, but it's the logistics of it I didn't get.

He destroyed the loom that generates the timelines, so to prevent the timelines from dying he uses his magic to keep them all stable? Where did that power come from?

He destroyed the loom that generates the timelines, so to prevent the timelines from dying he uses his magic to keep them all stable? Where did that power come from?
Yes

Loom doesn't generate timelines, it just kept them all flowing nice and neat. You know, like when you use a loom to make rope. When too many strands were going into the loom it was breaking.

And to answer the last question:

Well Hitchcock always said if you made a suspense film that was completely logical there would be zero suspense and I think that logic applies here. Wait, did I just time loop myself.

Back