Marvel's Iron Fist: The Netflix Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
https://www.comicbookmovie.com/tv/marvel/iron_fist/iron-fist-tracking-indicates-biggest-drama-premiere-of-all-time-on-netflix-a150081

fc6d45fd8149708c85fdfba5875cee4b.jpg

:lol :lol

Wow watched more than DD, JJ and LC!

Goes to show you how much Kung Fu remains popular to this day, more so than a blind superhero.

Last edited:

Goes to show you much Kung Fu remains popular to this day, more so than a blind superhero.

More than DDS2. I don't think they compared it to DDS1. Besides, DD was the first NF show. IF rode the coat-tails of JJ, LC & DDS1/S2. Regardless, it's impressive, considering the controversy and reviews.

If those numbers are accurate, I don't think many people watched more than the first episode.

I haven't heard one peep about this show off the internet. :lol

The only geek circle I hang out with is here in this forum and in my existence out there in the world I never heard anyone mention DD, JJ, LC or IF.

I don't even hear people talk about superhero movies or Star Wars for that matter.

Non geeks out number geeks by a very large %.

Just finished this and can say it was very sloppy. I agree with most of the comments here. It was really decent at times but I still feel it was miscast. The ending was predictable and meh. Just bad writing IMO

I am three episodes in and enjoy it so far. It may go downhill but for now, not getting all the hate.

By 9 I was engaged and couldn't wait to get to the finale.

But i'm not too thrilled with how it ended.

Real shame to enjoy the ride but not like the destination because it then ruins the ride as well.

It's imperative that these 13 episode shows land their finale because of the time invested getting there.

Goes to show you how much Kung Fu remains popular to this day, more so than a blind superhero.

Honestly it does make a lot of sense to me. DD, JJ, and LC all were pretty well received, so it only stands to reason that people would want to see where the story went next.

Its sort of like when a crappy sequel to an amazing film comes out and does well simply because the first film was good. It doesn't mean that there was anything good about the sequel. Just that people loved the first movie enough to want more of that world.

Unfortunatly, a lot of studios simply look at the return for this "coattails" situation and assume that they must have done something right and keep going down that path.

Last edited:
I agree with what you're saying it makes sense but still impressive nonetheless considering it released with a - 20% RT score lol.

Figured that would've scared everyone away that loved the other shows.

Last edited:
Who knows? A lot of the early bad reviews seemed to be coming from SJW's who weren't saying anything of substance about the show other than the fact that the hero wasn't changed into a minority, so maybe that wasn't enough to scare a lot of people off.

When LC premiered it got a lot of bad reviews early on as well ("Marvel's First Miss" seemed to be thrown around a lot); and the perspective on that seems to have turned around, possibly making people curious enough about IF to decide for themselves.

At the end of the day it could be a million factors. We are talking about the same viewing public that has made 5 god-awful Transformers movies a success, despite the fact that (atleast everyone ive ever talked to) seems to see them as the embodiment of everything wrong with movies today.

I don't know what happened or what it is but just after rewatching DD fight scenes again, he ain't that great. Season 1 against Nobu he basically gets his ass handed to him and got the lucky win. Season 2 fights scenes, he is very underwhelming while Elektra and Stick kicks more ass than DD. His hits are very inaffective and I didn't think this the first time watching but not know.

Finished the season last night. I really don't get all the negative reviews. Found to be much more enjoyable than Luke Cage (especially the second half of the season).

My rankings:
Jessica Jones
Daredevil Season 2
Daredevil
Iron Fist
Luke Cage

Some info has come out on Season 2. The show runner from season 1 (who also ran Inhumans :horror ) has been replaced, so that HAS to be good news. Also noticed that one of photos from the link below shows Colleen with what looks like the Iron Fist dragon tattoo on her forearm. Curious if that will mean anything story-wise or not.

DeTlP4aXcAERXCY.jpg

https://wegotthiscovered.com/tv/danny-davos-blows-iron-fist-season-2-photos/

... with Raven Metzner, one of the three writers of ELEKTRA movie.
Also showrunner, writer and producer of "Six Degrees" and "Clue".

Yeah, that's not better at all. :lol

Well, Elektra was 13 years ago, so hopefully he's improved with experience. He certainly can't do worse than the last guy. Most recently he was an executive producer & occasional writer for Sleepy Hollow, which for the most part I found to be quite entertaining.

Back