Marvel Vs. Capcom 3: Wolverine 1/3 Scale Statue By Hollywood Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice managed to get one from secret compass after all. Buying Akuma too. Can't wait to get them.

Nice man. Did they just let you swap out Ryu for Akuma or did you just go the route of getting them both? Would like to see pics of Akuma when he shows next to Wolvie

They were nice enough to swap out Ryu for Akuma (adjusted for price of course) but I wanted Akuma anyways so it worked out well. Will post pics once I receive them.

Thinking the same thoughts. I POed the LSF so eventually they will turn it into a real order and we shall see. Can never have to much wolverine right?

It's very true I'm looking to get the LSF early next year. Just hoping sideshow release a brown costume wolverine soon

Don't understand the hate, looks good to me. Reminds of the (90's?) story arc where his mutation excellerates when his adamantium is removed and Wolvie becomes a huge hulking animal. But this is too big for me (that's what she said).

I got mine in today. This thing is heavy and awesome. Here's my introductory video:

[ame="https://youtu.be/kAxKGj7lU2A"]https://youtu.be/kAxKGj7lU2A[/ame]

I've also posted a bunch of pics on my blog:

https://xmenstatuesoffuturepast.blogspot.com/2013/09/wolverine-marvel-vs-capcom-3-13-scale.html

9674505769_affe6b12d0_b.jpg

Introducing HCG Wolverine in 1/3 Scale! This piece is huge and solid as a rock. He weighs a ton. Small differences from the prototype that didn't make it to the sculpt in hand are the claws were sculpted out of resin as opposed the real metal they were supposed to be.

I followed up with hcg. The claws on the prototype was never metal, they were always resin so the proto is the same as the production. Thought that was interesting, must be extra shiny in the proto pics.

Thanks for the video review. I think the statue looks pretty damn impressive. I hate the blue and yellow color as I have always been a brown and yellow fan; however, color aside, he is pretty impressive. The paint job is pretty nicely done with very little if any paint outside the lines. He is massive.

I for one always prefer a more realistic look to comic characters insofar as, Wolverine is very short and very stocky, and the way they made him so stocky makes sense. For anyone to be able to house 3 foot long metal blades that retract in the forearm, they would have to have very huge and wide forearms and arms in general. I can't stand some of these statues where Wolverine has thin wrists and forearms and extremely long claws that are longer than his forearm. That just doesn't make sense at all and is just not realistically possible in real life.

Anyways, I am impressed. One thing I am confused about, is the MvC3 line in general. Are they supposed to be 1/3? 1/4? HCG needs to get their stuff straight. There is no way I would buy Doom and Akuma 1/4 because it wouldn't match up with Wolvie and Ryu 1/3. What the hell is going one with HCG and this license? Outside of that, I like what I see so far.

Just recieved my hcg wolverine from collectibles direct and wow it's just awesome. The statue is heavy and has a real solid feel to it even the claws although they aren't metal. The quality of the piece just doesn't seem to show up in the photos but in hand the paint and the sculpt are fantastic. It's like the perfect animated wolverine.
This is just so well made the base is heavy and it's all round a 5* statue!
Also the box isn't as big as I expected.

Here's some pics

null_zps0c79c3df.jpg

null_zpsf8fc01b8.jpg

null_zpsedc7d452.jpg

null_zps53285019.jpg

null_zps6cea0fb7.jpg

null_zpsb9149b89.jpg

null_zps4e16daff.jpg

null_zps8f16fcb2.jpg

null_zps3b7c84f7.jpg

I followed up with hcg. The claws on the prototype was never metal, they were always resin so the proto is the same as the production. Thought that was interesting, must be extra shiny in the proto pics.

Hmm.. Must have been some false rhetoric I hear heard on the forum. It's all good with me though. I think they came out rather well sculpted

Thanks for the video review. I think the statue looks pretty damn impressive. I hate the blue and yellow color as I have always been a brown and yellow fan; however, color aside, he is pretty impressive. The paint job is pretty nicely done with very little if any paint outside the lines. He is massive.

I for one always prefer a more realistic look to comic characters insofar as, Wolverine is very short and very stocky, and the way they made him so stocky makes sense. For anyone to be able to house 3 foot long metal blades that retract in the forearm, they would have to have very huge and wide forearms and arms in general. I can't stand some of these statues where Wolverine has thin wrists and forearms and extremely long claws that are longer than his forearm. That just doesn't make sense at all and is just not realistically possible in real life.

Anyways, I am impressed. One thing I am confused about, is the MvC3 line in general. Are they supposed to be 1/3? 1/4? HCG needs to get their stuff straight. There is no way I would buy Doom and Akuma 1/4 because it wouldn't match up with Wolvie and Ryu 1/3. What the hell is going one with HCG and this license? Outside of that, I like what I see so far.

They did a mixture of 1/3 and 1/4 scale. I think Wolverine and Ryu were the only 1/3 scale done thus far and the rest are 1/4

I had a response from them saying that they were metal although at first they did say they were not and corrected themselves. The claws are fantastic

Great review Reme. Video and pics look great! Best pic I've seen yet

9674515431_0ca43d2155_c.jpg

Thanks Tavegg!

I understand the criticism about the claws, but for me it doesn't really matter since the notion of a person having bone claws is fantastic to begin with.

Regarding the scale, I agree. I was surprised to see that the Dr. Doom set was 1/4 scale. Consistency is super important in a line.

Thanks!

Fantastic review :) really excited now the base looks like its got some weight too it. Mines due any time today

Thanks!

Just recieved my hcg wolverine from collectibles direct and wow it's just awesome. The statue is heavy and has a real solid feel to it even the claws although they aren't metal. The quality of the piece just doesn't seem to show up in the photos but in hand the paint and the sculpt are fantastic. It's like the perfect animated wolverine.
This is just so well made the base is heavy and it's all round a 5* statue!
Also the box isn't as big as I expected.

Here's some pics

null_zps0c79c3df.jpg

Congrats! Yours came out great as well. Also, great shots!

I am starting to lose my will power...

Does anyone have Ryu as well? I wanted to get an "inhand" impression of him.

I caved, the in hand pics and the great reviews by everyone here convinced me.

Back