Marvel Studios - Moon Knight series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can get a better look at it in the next few frames:

VD.png

Dunno what it is though. Could be it be "Von Doomstadt"? Doomstadt is the capital of Latveria after Doom took it over. Are they making his MCU surname a bit more "realistic"? Is it a comapny named "Doomstadt"? Von as a word means "from/of". But it doesn't look like a double-o there to me, it seems more like a "Dom-something-d-somethingsomething-m-something". Could the first "o" be a "u" maybe. Dunno, personally I don't mind a more realistic name, but I always thought they should go with his surname meaning something such as fate/destiny in his native tongue, and "Doom" being his English-equivalent moniker.

Man, what a shame.

VD.png

Dunno what it is though. Could be it be "Von Doomstadt"? Doomstadt is the capital of Latveria after Doom took it over. Are they making his MCU surname a bit more "realistic"? Is it a comapny named "Doomstadt"? Von as a word means "from/of". But it doesn't look like a double-o there to me, it seems more like a "Dom-something-d-somethingsomething-m-something". Could the first "o" be a "u" maybe. Dunno, personally I don't mind a more realistic name, but I always thought they should go with his surname meaning something such as fate/destiny in his native tongue, and "Doom" being his English-equivalent moniker.
9a990f2d-d083-4258-b3f0-802d2a6d1d3c_text.gif

They gave him 'Van Damme' in 1610, but I still feel it's the wrong way to make it realistic. Forget incorporating 'Doom', just give him a Balkan dialect's version of Fate/Destiny and have him go by 'Doctor Doom' in the English-speaking world.

They gave him 'Van Damme' in 1610, but I still feel it's the wrong way to make it realistic. Forget incorporating 'Doom', just give him a Balkan dialect's version of Fate/Destiny and have him go by 'Doctor Doom' in the English-speaking world.
00ff1505-f492-4334-8a51-2f943ff01c4c_text.gif

The only Seinfeld I've watched have been vids and gifs of Elaine for... reasons.

tumblr_nsjfaxUySG1qfp6jpo1_500.gif

So... y'know. I get that "Doctor Viktor Osanda" doesn't sound as cool, but if you want to be realistic you can't have some Balkan guy running around name "von Doom".

The only Seinfeld I've watched have been vids and gifs of Elaine for... reasons.

tumblr_nsjfaxUySG1qfp6jpo1_500.gif

So... y'know. I get that "Doctor Viktor Osanda" doesn't sound as cool, but if you want to be realistic you can't have some Balkan guy running around name "von Doom".
We won't be getting Dr. Doom till F4. Even then, they should be doing something where they are in another dimension fighting Mole Man (F4 issue #1). I'd keep the space shuttle in space but then transported to the negative zone or another dimension. They could also try the Journey to the Center of the Earth plot while riffing off the Lost In Space family adventure.

We won't be getting Dr. Doom till F4. Even then, they should be doing something where they are in another dimension fighting Mole Man (F4 issue #1). I'd keep the space shuttle in space but then transported to the negative zone or another dimension. They could also try the Journey to the Center of the Earth plot while riffing off the Lost In Space family adventure.
The current rumor is that Doom will be getting a cameo in BP2. No actor cast, but they're trying costumes for a small scene. There's a scientist working with RiRi (Ironheart) and she's actually a double agent for Doom. They'll reveal that Latino Namor was set up to attack Black Excellence Wakandans by the Wh*te "Man" (Devil). I suppose it makes sense, as Doom is a power-hungry despot, but we'll never see him actually level Wakanda and Mayan Atlantis because that'd be problematic, so what's the point?

Still, I like such little nods as in that MK trailer (if it is indeed a Doom/Latveria reference). They make the universe feel more alive. As for FF, I won't make any guesses as to the villains because we don't know what approach they'll take. Having the FF be newcomers doesn't sit right with me, so I prefer the "older heroes before the MCU's time who got lost travelling" approach. You don't have to make them from the 60s, just say that they were around before what we started seeing with 2008's Iron Man and got lost. Were they the FF before they got lost, they got lost while attempting the experiment that gave them their powers but they were celebrity scientists before, I don't know. But if it's random schmucks who become players well after everything has gone down, it lessens their impact as characters. They have to be retconned into already being part of the MCU in some capacity. So, with that mind, I'd probably go for a more "out there" antagonist, something space related to really show off their strange adventures. Something Earth based will be a let down, especially with that being the route the other ones went with.

Doom can just hang around. The problem is how do you explain him doing nothing all this time if he's already an established figure. I suppose after Reed got lost he was robbed of his object of rivalry so he stayed low, schemed and just managed Latveria. During all those alien attacks he... put a dome around Latveria and maybe some neighbourhing countries and called it a day while doing some more scheming. Dunno, we'll see. I just hope he's well-cast. I'd go for a theatre Brit myself, or someone like Cassell. Fan-favourites like Nikolaj, Mads, Cranston, even Gus Fring of all people, are all awful-to-bad. You need someone who can go from serious to hammy, chew the scenery and have gravitas. You need someone operatic; period.

VD.png

It's just what ever brand he's hauling in the cupcake truck :lol Von D,,,,,,,,, something
61wlzt.gif

61wkhy.jpg

Last edited:
This grows on me with every new pic more and more. It could make for a really stunning figure if they don't cheap out on it and go for real fabric bandages. The head's still the most awkward part of the whole bit, but the rest looks great with the mummy look and all the gold accents.

Back