Marvel Studios - Moon Knight series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like his Steven character. I felt bad for him when he was told he would never be a tour guide and the time he realized he got the days mixed up for the steak dinner. You can see it in his face that he's a guy that's just trying to find something good in his life.
I think he’s great.

Though my brain keeps dwelling on the fact Steven had a date he didn’t remember setting up, but Marc has a wife, so… who set up the date?

Not a plot hole. Just maybe a sign of another personality… like Jake.

Act but don't look like you are acting. He is the latter. His Steven is not comical but isn't natural either, it is forced.

His dodgy British accent doesn't help.
But that's the point is it not? It's not his real personality. He's an badass ex-special forces American guy subconsciously acting like a timid anxious British guy. It's a fake demeanor and a fake accent within the context of the show too.

But that's the point is it not? It's not his real personality. He's an badass ex-special forces American guy subconsciously acting like a timid anxious British guy. It's a fake demeanor and a fake accent within the context of the show too.
so you agree that the performance is unconvincing, you just are of the opinion it works for the show. I find it distracting and immersion breaking.

And it should be convincing, he is supposed to be fooling everyone around him in his daily life. They are not supposed to notice he has a fake demeanor.

so you agree that the performance is unconvincing, you just are of the opinion it works for the show. I find it distracting and immersion breaking.

And it should be convincing, he is supposed to be fooling everyone around him in his daily life. They are not supposed to notice he has a fake demeanor.
His British wife literally tells him to drop the fake accent and can’t stand it.

Everyone else treats him with disdain, and he has no close connections with anyone. He’s not a master spy; he was a soldier and merc.

Though the accent works for me. I’ve heard people complaining about the “fake” accents of other actors, like Donna, and people had to point out those ARE their accents, so some of it was just negative confirmation bias.

His British wife literally tells him to drop the fake accent and can’t stand it.

Everyone else treats him with disdain, and he has no close connections with anyone. He’s not a master spy; he was a soldier and merc.

Though the accent works for me. I’ve heard people complaining about the “fake” accents of other actors, like Donna, and people had to point out those ARE their accents, so some of it was just negative confirmation bias.
because his wife knows his real accent, c'mon, you know that was a poor defense. He convinced his colleagues. His accent and demeanor are supposed to be convincing hence why everyone dismisses him rather than suspect him.

I'm enjoying this so far mainly because I know nothing about the character or the lore. It's like I'm watching something that's sort of superhero'y but sort of not. It's lack of connection the rest of the MCU so far is refreshing. I think the acting is top notch, personally.

I'm enjoying this so far mainly because I know nothing about the character or the lore. It's like I'm watching something that's sort of superhero'y but sort of not. It's lack of connection the rest of the MCU so far is refreshing. I think the acting is top notch, personally.
Rumors are that the whole not connected to the MCU is a huge misdirect lol

I read a crazy rumour that

Spoiler Spoiler:

Certainly bull, as it makes literally 0 sense why he'd do such a thing, or how it'd fit with the storyline (which is using the Smallwood run as a template thus far), but the idea of that guy playing that character sounded very cool in my head. Shame he'll just be a one-off and the character will probably never show up.

I've read the spoilers up until Ep.4 and considering the first two were 100% accurate, I'm thinking the 3rd and 4th are as well.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Act but don't look like you are acting. He is the latter. His Steven is not comical but isn't natural either, it is forced.

His dodgy British accent doesn't help.
I’ve been listening to the Empire Podcast Spoiler Specials and they are English and Irish and they think his accent is amazing.

Reddit asks:
27BA35CC-842F-4117-BED6-AF37114CB4C6.jpeg

Last edited:
Episode 3 is ok but not as good as the first two. There is a lot of coincidences and Basil Exposition. There is a lot of mumbo jumbo as well that just mostly went over my head. What did make it, was some decent action and what Feige called I believe was wailing on the bad guys.

Back