Marvel Studios - Moon Knight series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Episode 3 was iffy. It felt as if they rushed the pacing and left this episode lacking substance and somewhat, stupid. Even the fight sequence has a lot left to be desired. Why didn't Marc point out Ammit's scales on Arthur during the meeting to prove their case? Why couldn't Layla explain to Anton first what they were after instead of being suspicious and before they inspected the sarcophagus? Simple things that could have been addressed but ended up looking stupid or just an excuse to push the plot to having Konshu out of the picture in the next 2 episodes.

And Konshu feels like a sketch character, talks like a deaf senior with a loud monotone voice, not convincing at all. Marc is supposed to be threatened of whatever consequence will happen if he doesn't make good on his end on whatever deal he made with Konshu but I'm not convinced with the interaction. It just feels like an exasperated caregiver dealing with a senile old man who keeps rudely demanding for another serving of tapioca pudding.

Last edited:
Episode 3 was iffy. It felt as if they rushed the pacing and left this episode lacking substance and somewhat, stupid. Even the fight sequence has a lot left to be desired. Why didn't Marc point out Ammit's scales on Arthur during the meeting to prove their case? Why couldn't Layla explain to Anton first what they were after instead of being suspicious and before they inspected the sarcophagus? Simple things that could have been addressed but ended up looking stupid or just an excuse to push the plot to having Konshu out of the picture in the next 2 episodes.

And Konshu feels like a sketch character, talks like a deaf senior with a loud monotone voice, not convincing at all. Marc is supposed to be threatened of whatever consequence will happen if he doesn't make good on his end on whatever deal he made with Konshu but I'm not convinced with the interaction. It just feels like an exasperated caregiver dealing with a senile old man who keeps rudely demanding for another serving of tapioca pudding.
Perfect breakdown!

Still somewhat enjoyed it though.

Perfect breakdown!

Still somewhat enjoyed it though.

I really want this show to be better than the other MCU series D+ has churned out and hope this is the only BoBF-level episode this series has. For me, Hawkeye was the most entertaining so far but isn't memorable.

I continue to enjoy the show, immensely, but I will admit the pacing of this one was rather bizarre. There were some good character moments and comic-pleasing scenes, but it didn’t really flow well, at least not like the first two episodes did.

I’m still quite excited for more.

I continue to enjoy the show, immensely, but I will admit the pacing of this one was rather bizarre. There were some good character moments and comic-pleasing scenes, but it didn’t really flow well, at least not like the first two episodes did.

I’m still quite excited for more.
Yeah the council stuff just sort of came out of nowhere and I found it a bit hard to follow. But it’s still better than most MCU TV.

Agree, thought this episode was muddled and uneven; doesn't seem to have chemistry between the leads. *Eh*.
OI remains excellent tho. IMO a lame episode.

I found the first episode interesting but after episode 3 I'm pretty meh on the whole thing. I doubt I'll stick with this to the end of the season.

Man, I love this series. Oscar is awesome. It just sucks that having to grade each episode individually when it isn't complete. Just like grading a movie halfway through or just an hour of it. It isn't giving you everything yet while Marvel is predominantly better when digested as a movie.

MK was always that Batman variant for Marvel and never really took off with the main stream. Reminds me of Deadpool, a rip off of Deathstroke. But Deadpool found his footing with his wall breaking. With MK, the comics eventually offered something new in his dissociative identity disorder. Then Marvel Studios said why have this guy fighting crime in New York? Have him be in Egypt like he should be and make him mummy like in a supernatural setting this character really is supposed to be in. Very smart.

Problem is when you know something so well, it can be difficult to accept a new way of grasping the character that has been established well into the comics. He was just too Batman for me and the route Marvel went just makes so much sense. But I get it, I know Star Wars inside and out and the OT/EU combo was the best lore for me. PT/ST are abominations, but still accepted by many.

Cannot wait to see where this goes. CB or CBR said that Marvel submitted this as a "limited series" which means it is self-contained and not-ongoing. This might be the only season for Moon Knight unfortunately, although probably not the last appearance. Hawkeye was submitted as well as a limited series as had WandaVision before that. Loki is well known is have a S2 incoming and wasn't submitted in this limited series category.

But that's the point is it not? It's not his real personality. He's an badass ex-special forces American guy subconsciously acting like a timid anxious British guy. It's a fake demeanor and a fake accent within the context of the show too.
Indeed. Glad you pointed this out as a lot of people don't seem to understand this. Spector's passport says he is from Illinois, USA. See how someone from Illinois doing a British accent will do.

In an interview with Oscar, he specifically mentioned that he wanted to do a reverse of what some European entertain/comedian/actors have done to butcher American accents and to get them back with this lol. It sounds totally convincing to me and totally fits the Steven persona.

It makes me wonder if his subconscious figured out that it would be best for him to create Steven and learn Egyptian hieroglyphics. Can't wait to see how the next 3 episodes unfolds.

I do agree with the criticism of episode 3 with the trial that Khonshu is the worst lawyer of all time. He gave zero specifics on indicting Harrow and it really would have served Harrow's character better if he was able to deceive the allegations better.

Indeed. Glad you pointed this out as a lot of people don't seem to understand this. Spector's passport says he is from Illinois, USA. See how someone from Illinois doing a British accent will do.

In an interview with Oscar, he specifically mentioned that he wanted to do a reverse of what some European entertain/comedian/actors have done to butcher American accents and to get them back with this lol. It sounds totally convincing to me and totally fits the Steven persona.

It makes me wonder if his subconscious figured out that it would be best for him to create Steven and learn Egyptian hieroglyphics. Can't wait to see how the next 3 episodes unfolds.

I do agree with the criticism of episode 3 with the trial that Khonshu is the worst lawyer of all time. He gave zero specifics on indicting Harrow and it really would have served Harrow's character better if he was able to deceive the allegations better.
It does fit with Khonshu’s character though, he’s impulsive and immature and prone to throwing tantrums if he doesn’t get his way.

B909AEEA-E989-49CD-A1BA-7A2546BAF786.jpeg

SO , I have not read the previous posts for obvious reasons, as I only watched episode one.

But that was damn good…..

Issac was fantastic, the whole tone and mood was great. Definitely a R rating show so far.

I know nothing about MoonKnight, so its been kinda nice being in the WTF is going on here trip.

Hoping the quality remains the same fornthe rest of the show.

Episode 4 is fantastic, starts off like a second rate Raiders but then turns into something much more interesting. Almost no action, but as usual Isaac and Hawke are doing amazing work, just like every episode. I’m still not that keen on the Layla character but at least she gets more to do in this episode. Some genuinely exciting suspense, not really horror, but certainly not something for little kids either. The final stretch of this episode certainly raises a lot of questions. I think this episode might divide audiences.

So the press got to see the first four episodes of this series and they are saying something crazy is going down in Episode 4.

200.gif
matticus, thanks a lot. Ended up crazy goofy! Got my hopes up for some cool cameo or something. Instead we get this!

Spoiler Spoiler:

matticus, thanks a lot. Ended up crazy goofy! Got my hopes up for some cool cameo or something. Instead we get this!

Spoiler Spoiler:
So he shot himself then?

So he shot himself then?
Or someone like the dad defending himself. Marc has lied to Layla plenty and some quick info dump from an unreliable source raises some questions.

Some excellent moments in this episode, it just didn't stick the landing for me. Hope the last two episodes really deliver.

Just watched episode 4. They had something good going during that tomb exploration with horror/ thriller elements but it made me wonder. If I watched this series as a whole in one go (at least up to episode 4), it would feel very disjointed. Just like Marc/Steven/Jake, the storytelling doesn't know what it wants to be. It's not cohesive and I feel the last 2 episodes won't really put it all together.

The ending of this one was amazing. Just the exact kind of surreal mindscrew nonsense I get from the comics.

Back