MARVEL' S Falcon and the Winter Soldier

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought that Wakanda finding out was just because the prison that held him found out he escaped too.

That and they probably put a tracking device in Bucky's vibranium arm. They may have started an outreach program at the end of BP, but I think they're still going to keep track of where their vibranium is being used and how. Plus they probably couldn't overlook the possibility that Bucky went bad again.

Well, I think they've earned the benefit of doubt given their track record. Until 2008 Iron Man was considered 2nd tier and then Feige, Favreau and RDJ turned him into the most popular character not named Batman. And even if you didn't particularly care for the WandaVision story, you have to admit it set up things nicely for Wanda leading into the new Dr. Strange movie.

As for needing an infusion of 1st tier blood into F&TWS, I think we need to consider the circumstances leading up to its release, what with the impact Covid may have had on the production plus...

*Shrug* think that these "second tier" characters - major players in the comics anyway - are a lot more interesting than some of the "first tier". Although that depends a lot on the writers and whole lot of factors. I remember when Steve Rogers was considered the most boring Avenger by many - heck, I know I never thought I'd have an entire collection of him.:cool:

Not much appeals to me about Marvel's upcoming film line-up; at least not to pay theater prices for. IMO the shows are well made with good writing; some of the films, not so much. Or the cost-cutting film CGI.

Personal preference too - I'd rather watch Bucky mess someone up, up close and personal, than flashing space lasers or light shows. Feige made it clear there was gonna be a lot of "cosmic" stuff re upcoming films - not my thing; and to me = "and it's cheaper than location shooting!" And too much spandex. Sounds like the good 'ol days of the Russos taking over an entire highway for a shoot are gone.

I figured that?s what these shows are for, and the heavy hitters lead the movies.

But why? With home screens of 85 inches or more, the home viewing experience has become comparable to a theater experience... and TV has been in a great renaissance for quite a while. No reason not to make absolutely phenomenal TV series.

Spend the money you would on a Major Theatrical release on one 10-episode series.

Also allow people to binge it for a theatrical price.

Oh wow I never thought about extra cost for a binge watch that?s a great idea I would pay for it.

Then again I thought it was perfectly an ok idea to pay over $1,200 for an action figure while also being married lol

I think binge viewing is a perfect way to add revenue from people who just can't wait.

I mean, many people wait until the entire series drops, then they buy the service for a month to watch the series and drop the service. This way, those people might just pay a reasonable fee to see it early. Access to the service for that particular series only is covered in the one-time fee and you have, say, a week or 10 days to binge that show. Also keeps people from inviting half the neighbor over to watch a single even film... unless you want your friends coming over every day for a week.

I think binge viewing is a perfect way to add revenue from people who just can't wait.

I mean, many people wait until the entire series drops, then they buy the service for a month to watch the series and drop the service. This way, those people might just pay a reasonable fee to see it early. Access to the service for that particular series only is covered in the one-time fee and you have, say, a week or 10 days to binge that show. Also keeps people from inviting half the neighbor over to watch a single even film... unless you want your friends coming over every day for a week.

Seems like a missed opportunity but so far this show is not ?binge worthy?. They should just keep bucky and get rid of everyone else. Whats the deal with the zemo retcon?, why is he now a rich evil bruce wayne after being shown to be just a nobody in civil war?? and why would bucky even consider working with him after what he did to him??? Why did cap **** over sharon? None of this show makes a lick of sense. They continue to make sam look like an *******, ?i should have destroyed the shield? **** that guy. And no marvel has not earned the benefit of the doubt to make crap movies or tv series nor should they get a free pass

Zemo was more interesting when he was a Ledger Joker type loner rather than Lex Luthor. But maybe its all a scam...

I kind of enjoy him at the Disco. :lol

I liked the first episode, thought the second episode was garbage, enjoyed this one mostly because of Zemo, but yeah, the leaving Sharon out in the cold thing makes ZERO sense.

Seems like a missed opportunity but so far this show is not ?binge worthy?. They should just keep bucky and get rid of everyone else. Whats the deal with the zemo retcon?, why is he now a rich evil bruce wayne after being shown to be just a nobody in civil war?? and why would bucky even consider working with him after what he did to him??? Why did cap **** over sharon? None of this show makes a lick of sense. They continue to make sam look like an *******, ?i should have destroyed the shield? **** that guy. And no marvel has not earned the benefit of the doubt to make crap movies or tv series nor should they get a free pass

As I posted earlier, he was a Sokovian intelligence officer who lost his family during the events of AoU, but neither of those facts precluded him from being a Baron and coming from wealth. It wasn't touched upon in CW probably because they didn't have anything further mapped out for his character at that time, but now that they've got the Fox properties back there are new story lines they can pursue. I'll grant you it was a bit jarring, but IMO not a ridiculous reveal and worth it to have Bruhl's Zemo back. Plus his having $ makes some of the stuff he pulled off in CW more believable. As for Bucky's "working" with him, Zemo's CW scheme ultimately led to Bucky's being cured in Wakanda, so he has less of a grudge against Zemo than the Wakandans do. Zemo is a means to an end (and an expeditious one, which fits Bucky's pragmatic style), but it certainly seems Zemo is using him more than the other way around.

As for Sharon, I believe she was one of the people assumed to have been snapped out of existence, so if she didn't find a way to reach out to Steve in those 5 years he probably had no idea she was still in hiding from the authorities (for aiding & abetting his escape in CW). Plus post-snap it wasn't like Fury or Maria Hill were around to tell him otherwise. I find her post-snap absence more believable than his not tracking her down between CW and IW. I'm pretty sure her absence then was due to Emily Van Camp's TV commitments more than flat out forgetting about her character, though I'm not sure they would have had much for her to do in IW regardless.

I think there's more going on with Sharon than meets the eye. There were snipers up high covering their escape from that nightclub, so she's not working alone. My guess is she's working deep cover with a team of assets supporting her, but to what end and for who (Fury?) I can only speculate.

You may not like the series so far but IMO it's far from a "crap" series so no free pass is required. I do think everyone's expectations for these series are a bit over-the-top. We're so starved for new content we want these things to go from A to Z in one fell swoop, and we should realize that this is not the (MCU) way.

As I posted earlier, he was a Sokovian intelligence officer who lost his family during the events of AoU, but neither of those facts precluded him from being a Baron and coming from wealth. It wasn't touched upon in CW probably because they didn't have anything further mapped out for his character at that time, but now that they've got the Fox properties back there are new story lines they can pursue. I'll grant you it was a bit jarring, but IMO not a ridiculous reveal and worth it to have Bruhl's Zemo back. Plus his having $ makes some of the stuff he pulled off in CW more believable. As for Bucky's "working" with him, Zemo's CW scheme ultimately led to Bucky's being cured in Wakanda, so he has less of a grudge against Zemo than the Wakandans do. Zemo is a means to an end (and an expeditious one, which fits Bucky's pragmatic style), but it certainly seems Zemo is using him more than the other way around......

I think there's more going on with Sharon than meets the eye. There were snipers up high covering their escape from that nightclub, so she's not working alone. My guess is she's working deep cover with a team of assets supporting her, but to what end and for who (Fury?) I can only speculate.

You may not like the series so far but IMO it's far from a "crap" series so no free pass is required. I do think everyone's expectations for these series are a bit over-the-top. We're so starved for new content we want these things to go from A to Z in one fell swoop, and we should realize that this is not the (MCU) way.
I'd add:
Zemo didn't bother me at all re being rich; there's nothing in Civil War that would say otherwise; especially since Zemo took his family outside the city during the Ultron attack. Which makes sense as people with money always have a nice place to run to (like with Covid). Also in the comics his father IS a baron. A lot of royalty spends time in the military.

If you are on the run, it's standard protocol to NEVER contact or have anything to do with your old life; I think the writers knew that. Like when Sharon says her father doesn't know where she is.

There's always stuff in these films and series I would change, but for me, re FWS, feel like I haven't seen such quality writing, mix of serious issues, humor, and action since Civil War - along with great cinemotography and camera angles as well as location shots. Plus some nice tie-ins that aren't overdone. It feels like a movie to me, not a series, so look forward to being able to binge watch.

As I posted earlier, he was a Sokovian intelligence officer who lost his family during the events of AoU, but neither of those facts precluded him from being a Baron and coming from wealth. It wasn't touched upon in CW probably because they didn't have anything further mapped out for his character at that time, but now that they've got the Fox properties back there are new story lines they can pursue. I'll grant you it was a bit jarring, but IMO not a ridiculous reveal and worth it to have Bruhl's Zemo back. Plus his having $ makes some of the stuff he pulled off in CW more believable. As for Bucky's "working" with him, Zemo's CW scheme ultimately led to Bucky's being cured in Wakanda, so he has less of a grudge against Zemo than the Wakandans do. Zemo is a means to an end (and an expeditious one, which fits Bucky's pragmatic style), but it certainly seems Zemo is using him more than the other way around.

As for Sharon, I believe she was one of the people assumed to have been snapped out of existence, so if she didn't find a way to reach out to Steve in those 5 years he probably had no idea she was still in hiding from the authorities (for aiding & abetting his escape in CW). Plus post-snap it wasn't like Fury or Maria Hill were around to tell him otherwise. I find her post-snap absence more believable than his not tracking her down between CW and IW. I'm pretty sure her absence then was due to Emily Van Camp's TV commitments more than flat out forgetting about her character, though I'm not sure they would have had much for her to do in IW regardless.

:exactly: :lecture :exactly:

Damn that is an epic post :bow

I'd add:
Zemo didn't bother me at all re being rich; there's nothing in Civil War that would say otherwise; especially since Zemo took his family outside the city during the Ultron attack. Which makes sense as people with money always have a nice place to run to (like with Covid). Also in the comics his father IS a baron. A lot of royalty spends time in the military.

If you are on the run, it's standard protocol to NEVER contact or have anything to do with your old life; I think the writers knew that. Like when Sharon says her father doesn't know where she is.

There's always stuff in these films and series I would change, but for me, re FWS, feel like I haven't seen such quality writing, mix of serious issues, humor, and action since Civil War - along with great cinemotography and camera angles as well as location shots. Plus some nice tie-ins that aren't overdone. It feels like a movie to me, not a series, so look forward to being able to binge watch.

Also epic :rock

I know everybody's expecting Zemo to turn on Falcon and Bucky, but I'm wondering if they're going to go in a different direction with the character in the MCU, especially with the death of Chadwick Boseman. I'm wondering if what Black Panther said to him about vengeance and the living not being done with him in Civil War after he stopped Zemo from killing himself might have had more of an effect on Zemo than we think. It'd be kind of a nice little tribute to Boseman that Black Panther was such a good man that he was able to turn a villain into a hero through his words and actions.

Zemo was more interesting when he was a Ledger Joker type loner rather than Lex Luthor. But maybe its all a scam...

Good write up but obviously my head canon doesnt jive with yours. No free pass for me, cause i cant just explain away all these inconsistencies in my head like you can, but since your so deep into the mcu at this point its all veiwed through rose colored lenses. You must have been wearing your dark glasses when you watched zsjl. There is no compairson between the quality of this run of the mill tv series and that epic movie you went to great lengths to nitpick and find fault with.

You are right about expectations being high they should be, they were also high for zsjl too and unlike this show that film actually met the expectations for the vast majority of people, cant say the same about this tv series (or wanda vision) and their derpy cap and disregard for continuity

leaving Sharon out in the cold thing makes ZERO sense.

I think Sharon is working for another organization. Maybe it's SHIELD still, or maybe SWORD (Fury's SWORD, not Hayward's), or maybe even working under US Agent's wing. She's probably deep undercover so she cannot return to the USA and receive a pardon.

Good write up but obviously my head canon doesnt jive with yours. No free pass for me, cause i cant just explain away all these inconsistencies in my head like you can, but since your so deep into the mcu at this point its all veiwed through rose colored lenses. You must have been wearing your dark glasses when you watched zsjl. There is no compairson between the quality of this run of the mill tv series and that epic movie you went to great lengths to nitpick and find fault with.

You are right about expectations being high they should be, they were also high for zsjl too and unlike this show that film actually met the expectations for the vast majority of people, cant say the same about this tv series (or wanda vision) and their derpy cap and disregard for continuity

All the inconsistencies? Other than Zemo having an aristocratic background we previously knew nothing about I'm not sure what you're alluding to, but if that's your take then hey, you do you. And if enjoying seeing likable characters return in a new story set in interesting locales qualifies as viewing this through rose colored glasses, well then guilty as charged. :D

Agree to disagree on the epicness of ZSJL. For me the only epic part about it is its length, but I'm glad to hear you found it satisfying.

Back