1/6 MARVEL Future Fight - 1/6th scale The Punisher (War Machine Armor) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
858a5d481762c4a65f2f9bc98048066f.jpg

Saw this on Facebook. Hopefully it?s an actual head swap an not Photoshopped.

EDIT: OP on FB said it wasn?t a perfect fit and he had to change the neck and add Blu Tak on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice idea, with that I just imagine in EG Doctor Strange opens a portal where Netflix Daredevil and The Punisher walk out of, with Punisher using this repurposed WM Mark III suit, unleashing heavy artillery on Thanos' army..

I don't see how anyone would prefer Netflix "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa m'aschu somethin' Reeeck" Punisher over a more comic accurate head, but different strokes for different folks. I just hope MCU Punisher is better. Which sounds silly when I say it, because, you know, "MCU" and "Punisher" don't fit all that well together, but I'm optimistic. I want the Bandana look:

15800629253_0b4af307cf_o.jpg

The light on the chest not being able to shine through the translucent eyes on the chest piece was a sorely missed opportunity. I don't understand why HT didn't bother to adjust the placement of the eyes on the chest so the light can shine through.

I don’t think HT advertised it as having an LED chest. It’s just recycled War Machine parts to use. It definitely would have been cool to have that option though. HT didn’t want to go full 100% on this figure, but it’s a brilliant looking figure nonetheless.

I don't see how anyone would prefer Netflix "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa m'aschu somethin' Reeeck" Punisher over a more comic accurate head, but different strokes for different folks. I just hope MCU Punisher is better. Which sounds silly when I say it, because, you know, "MCU" and "Punisher" don't fit all that well together, but I'm optimistic. I want the Bandana look:

I'm pretty sure the Netflix stuff is as MCU as we'll get for Punisher anytime soon. They may be bringing back Charlie Cox for Daredevil, so I'm sure they'd still keep Bernthal.

Once they go the Blade (hopefully ultra violent) route, maybe an MCU Punisher is very possible.

I'm pretty sure the Netflix stuff is as MCU as we'll get for Punisher anytime soon. They may be bringing back Charlie Cox for Daredevil, so I'm sure they'd still keep Bernthal.
Nah, the TV Shows were "MCU" in name only. They referenced the movies, but the movies never referenced them. It's why they were axed, and now we're getting proper MCU shows in Disney+. There's no reason to bring back the convulted mess they became, and it's for the better. I want the Punisher, not the guy who lets Pedos walk free (why anyone thought that was a good idea is beyond me). In either case, Bernthal wasn't that good of a Punisher, so no harm done as far as I'm concerned.

Once they go the Blade (hopefully ultra violent) route, maybe an MCU Punisher is very possible.
Blade hunts Vampires. They can get around it by not giving the Vampires blood and whatnot, so when he hacks and slashes them it'll not be as gory as it should be. I don't think it'll be anything past a Hard PG-13. If it was a show I could see it, but Blade's going to get a full theatrical release, so I expect them to tone the violence down. Besides, Punisher's different. He goes after actual people. You can adapt the 80s-90s stuff pretty easily as a Hard PG-13 flick, if you take inspiration from his trips around the world and play up the Soldier angle. But I doubt they'd ever go full MAX (those books made Clooney turn down the role of Nick Fury, which ruined the chances of an early MCU with Cruise as Stark, which would've probably involved the FoX-Men & Raimi-Man).

I am strongly considering picking this up based on the design alone. If I did I think it would be the first figure I ever bought without much knowledge or care for the source material. I just think the design of this is really striking. I really would have preferred the Bernthal sculpt myself, if that was included I probably would already have ordered.

Im surprised HT is leapfrogging between the Contest of Champions and Future Fight series. I think their logic was, Ok we need to re-release the MK3, so they started looking for variations of that armor and found this. So they got this license specifically to make this 1 figure with very minimal effort. A new headsculpt, new chestplate, 3 new guns and some effects pieces. Everything else is a straight up repaint. Im not sure they intend to pursue anything more from the series.

Whereas Venompool (which nobody was asking for) is a wholly original figure from the ground up, with a unique body (a body I doubt they can reuse for anything else) Requiring new sculpting, new molds, engineering, costume designing, time/money. A major commitment for them. (again for something nobody was ever thinking about) they went waaaaaay out of their way to make that figure happen. It seems Contest of champions is more important to them. And it does have all the characters i want, so I hope they continue with the line.

I am strongly considering picking this up based on the design alone. If I did I think it would be the first figure I ever bought without much knowledge or care for the source material. I just think the design of this is really striking. I really would have preferred the Bernthal sculpt myself, if that was included I probably would already have ordered.

The more I think about it and the more I start seeing in-hand pics the more I realize I have to have him. This is going to be my first and possibly only dive into the Diecast world, just waiting for him to go in-stock so I can try to use an "in-stock items only" promo code I have on Sideshow and use my $150~ rewards codes.

Im surprised HT is leapfrogging between the Contest of Champions and Future Fight series. I think their logic was, Ok we need to re-release the MK3, so they started looking for variations of that armor and found this. So they got this license specifically to make this 1 figure with very minimal effort. A new headsculpt, new chestplate, 3 new guns and some effects pieces. Everything else is a straight up repaint. Im not sure they intend to pursue anything more from the series.

Whereas Venompool (which nobody was asking for) is a wholly original figure from the ground up, with a unique body (a body I doubt they can reuse for anything else) Requiring new sculpting, new molds, engineering, costume designing, time/money. A major commitment for them. (again for something nobody was ever thinking about) they went waaaaaay out of their way to make that figure happen. It seems Contest of champions is more important to them. And it does have all the characters i want, so I hope they continue with the line.

I think there may be some license push from Marvel in some way for this Venompool. After this was announced, a statue company is making like a 1/3 scale statue of the CoC Venompool. I cannot believe there's that much demand, if ANY demand, for super high end CoC Venompool figures/statues. From what I looked at, the Venompool design is almost only seen in that game and not in comics and elsewhere. It's really odd.

Hasbro at least also made a Punisher War Machine Marvel Legend, I haven't seen this Venompool design from them at al.

Normally I find toy/franchise mashups to be stupid but this is probably as perfect a combo that is possible.

All the pictures make waiting harder but he looks awesome. I have wanted a War Machine for a while and this will be the best of both worlds for me. Can't wait to get him and displayed.

Back