1/6 MARVEL Future Fight - 1/6th scale The Punisher (War Machine Armor) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a phenomenal post. Nailed it.

Totally agree. No one in Hollywood knows how to do the Punisher correctly. Most likely, the only exception is Kevin Feige, but he is not into the extreme Marvel stuff.

Thanks. I guess I'm tired of seeing characters regress and unnecessarily change. Frank went from being a worldwide boogeyman taking down WMDs to someone who struggles with Cartels. I don't mind MAX itself because it's a down-to-earth and realistic take set in an AU. What I mind is its influence on the characer, because people who felt insecure about liking comics (and I get it, it's not something I'd share with just anyone; being in your 20s+ and saying that you still receive the latest Iron Man issue in the mail isn't a good impression) finally found something with gore, curse words and no capes, and thought "das right, this is my jam". MAX existing, or another similar book, is fine, I just want something else from the main Punisher book.

Or maybe I, and everyone else, have grown out of the cycle. When you're a kid, it all seems fresh and interesting. After reading for a couple of years, you know everything moves in cycles. You know how every story is gonna go, because there's little room left for innovation while still staying true to the core of the IP. Maybe it's also got to do with Nostalgia; what you read, when you read it. That's the "true" version for you. I don't know. I mean, I liked 2000s Era Iron Man even if he was less of a Businessman and more of a Bureaucrat, but it was a logical progression and kept the same character. Whereas seeing the Punisher going from Solid Snake who battled the Godfather sometimes, to tussling with Stinger Bell and Tony Soprano, was... Underwhelming, I guess. If I wanted a grim n' gritty, ultra realistic cop/street drama, I'd watch The Wire/Sopranos/The Shield/Anything from the 1000s of such shows.

I suppose that's the point. You grow up, you specify your tastes, you hold onto what has weathered the test of time and you... move on. Sticking close to the tried and few that are close to your core preferences. It's all about self-awareness, in the end, I think. Staying true to what you are, not trying to force yourself to "change with the times" or "get on with it", regardless of what "it" is. We say we want "fresh" ideas, but I don't believe that's entirely true. Each of us genuinely likes only a couple of themes, characters, stories. We lie, and pretend that we are okay with anything and everything, just as long as the collective opinion decides that it's so. And then we get these things, and we wish for what we had.

25338_600.gif

Spoiler Spoiler:

I think you're on target.

Born in the late 80s, I was raised on a steady diet of ninjas, cyborgs and the wonderful 90s era of comics. Hit my teens, got out of comics and in my 20s, a more realistic take was the more appealing one, if I payed attention at all.

Now in my early 30s, I've hit that period where I am nostalgic for the things I liked as a kid and have been buying up some of the old comics and figures I loved back then, and the more fantastic versions of the characters are what's appealing.

Two of those characters in particular are The Punisher and Nick Fury, who you described the appeal of so well. The Jim Lee era look of both of those characters are the quintessential versions, for reasons you listed, and overall just a more interesting look for both.

The Punisher combat suit with the black gloves and boots, with military gear layered on top, a headband and a trench covering it all up, along with the rugged superspy that was Fury, are tier one stuff for me.

I am always s saddened to think of Rules of the Game with Nick Fury and Punisher. Jim Lee was doing the art for a Hardcover that was supposed to be out but he left marvel without finishing it to start image comics. I think it would have been awesome.
7dbfc1d618875b17d65a261a0fdb5129.jpg10264300_552035578235497_1268123385045303093_n.jpg10491216_552035508235504_4756878939951915628_n.jpg

My little cheap PS job. I'm on the fence about this still but this is how I would display it. I really like the concept but I'm not crazy about how the skull looks. I wish it looked like a little sloppier paintjob. I'm not really into the source material. bernthalpunisher.jpg

I am always s saddened to think of Rules of the Game with Nick Fury and Punisher. Jim Lee was doing the art for a Hardcover that was supposed to be out but he left marvel without finishing it to start image comics. I think it would have been awesome.
View attachment 441051View attachment 441052View attachment 441053

Yeah, that's a shame. Such great artwork and versions of the characters, and no reason they couldn't be done live action, with the proper actors.

I think you're on target.

Born in the late 80s, I was raised on a steady diet of ninjas, cyborgs and the wonderful 90s era of comics. Hit my teens, got out of comics and in my 20s, a more realistic take was the more appealing one, if I payed attention at all.

Now in my early 30s, I've hit that period where I am nostalgic for the things I liked as a kid and have been buying up some of the old comics and figures I loved back then, and the more fantastic versions of the characters are what's appealing.

Two of those characters in particular are The Punisher and Nick Fury, who you described the appeal of so well. The Jim Lee era look of both of those characters are the quintessential versions, for reasons you listed, and overall just a more interesting look for both.

The Punisher combat suit with the black gloves and boots, with military gear layered on top, a headband and a trench covering it all up, along with the rugged superspy that was Fury, are tier one stuff for me.

For me, it's somewhat different. I grew up with Asterix, Lucky Luke, the Disney Duck Comics, generally Eurocomics with some Batman thrown in. Then Ultimate Marvel hit, and that was all I read, before my "edge phase", where I started getting into the 616 through Ghost Rider, Moon Knight and the like. But only from reading articles and stuff, their comics weren't published here. Iron Man was the first proper 616 thing I read. Time went on, I got an ID Card and thus a monthly Pull List to my name. My problem was that I spread myself too thin. I felt as if I had to be as varried as possible. And that went for comics, movies, games, shows; everyhing. In the end, that started creating problems because there's no possible way to take your first steps into (young) adulthood and try to read 1TB worth of comics, watch 1TB worth of shows, and so on and so forth. It seems like a silly notion, but I was a person with a mindset of "I like X, which is tangiably related to Y, so I must like Y too" and "if you're not perfect you're worthless" even as a kid, so it was a bit hard to let go.

At some point, I came up with a "mental list" of stuff I genuinely liked. Not just liked in a "y'know, that was good" way. Stuff that stayed with me, for whatever reason. And the more I looked into it, the more I realized they all, more or less, shared a common root; be it a genre or theme. Usually it's a Millitaristic/War angle, starring a Byronic Hero and maybe with a good love story thrown in there. Sci-Fi, Historical Epic, Period Drama, Mafia Flick. I used to think that it made me "limited", but I realized that's just who I am. No reason to try and change it. Not gonna get too pseudo/poseur-philosophical here, but at the end of the day, we're all results of our genes, environment and times. Some things are just hardcoded down to our DNA. And considering the work path I'm choosing to follow, it makes sense where my interests lie.

I could go on and on about what I like, what I love, why I do and the way it's so. But this isn't my blog, and it's a topic for another thread. The point is, the Punisher, for me at least, will always be the black jumpsuit with white gloves and boots, a bandana and a small network of allies. Why? Because, and this might rub some people the wrong way, I think that's the version that works when you get past your "edge phase". MAX is something "revolutionary" when you're in your teens. It's gritty, realistic, and a new take. You're coming of age, you're trying to learn how the world works and here's this comic showing you the "truth" abou the underworld. But as you get older, if you have time for comics, games or shows, you're using them for a bit of escapism and relaxation. A Bad-Ass soldier with a vengeance being dropped into a warzone and killing terrorists before disabling a WMD is enjoyable. But a deranged, broken inside psycho cutting off the dicks of child molesters in scenes without color just depresses you more.

I'm not saying people don't like that sort of stuff or that it's not interesting. I like, say, Se7en too. But I have no desire to watch A Serbian Film or Salo. Even something like Mindhunter adds some levity or breaks the tension. Sopranos was about the Mob, and it had its fair of psychos, but still was enjoyable because they romanticized the whole thing. Now, Punisher MAX opts for an incredibly realistic approach, and even ramps up the violence, resulting in an incredible bleakness. When you're fresh off a sheltered childhood, it's breathtaking. The more you learn about the world, the more it's just a constant reminder of the harsh truth.

In the end, after a tiring day, I want to relax with something enjoyable. Sometimes it means watching a Screwball Comedy from the 50s, others it means playing some FPS for 30 minutes, some others just reading some action packed or just enjoyable comic book. I want to escape and forget. I mean, right now that I'm typing this, some kid's getting beaten. Another's getting ****ed in the ass in some rape-dungeon because sickos will buy the tape. Some guy's getting tortured, and somebody's getting diagnosed with cancer. Meanwhile I have my own problems. I just wanna escape all that. Whether that's through watching Jude Law as a Pope and tearing up at the end, or following Don Draper's struggle with extintential crisis and relating somewhat, or playing a Space-Soldier blasting aliens, or reading about a super-soldier taking out Middle Eastern Terrorists while Sabaton plays in the background, I just want to have some fun.

I guess the more you grow up, the more you understand why your pops wanted to watch Jackie Chan kick some ninja butt, or that DeNiro comedy, instead of a Bulgarian Drama about a divorced mother, regardless of the reviews, the themes or its importance. Everything has a time and a place, I believe. You watch the artsy-farsty stuff in your teen age to impress the art gal, you watch that ****** B-Movie with your pals while drinking beers, and when you're 40, you hold onto 10 or so things that are important to you. It's the eternal cycle, like in all things.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I am always saddened to think of Rules of the Game with Nick Fury and Punisher. Jim Lee was doing the art for a Hardcover that was supposed to be out but he left marvel without finishing it to start image comics. I think it would have been awesome.
View attachment 441051View attachment 441052View attachment 441053

Yeah, it's truly a shame. Mostly because I've always liked all those Punisher Team-Up OGNs. The one in Scotland, The Moors, has to be my favorite.

Yeah, that's a shame. Such great artwork and versions of the characters, and no reason they couldn't be done live action, with the proper actors.

It's "current year". Proper Punisher & Nick Fury translations are too full of "Toxic Masculinity"... Also, good luck seeing the Original Fury ever again. We're stuck with Jackson's piss-poor version. Changing that would be "racist"...

For me, it's somewhat different. I grew up with Asterix, Lucky Luke, the Disney Duck Comics, generally Eurocomics with some Batman thrown in. Then Ultimate Marvel hit, and that was all I read, before my "edge phase", where I started getting into the 616 through Ghost Rider, Moon Knight and the like. But only from reading articles and stuff, their comics weren't published here. Iron Man was the first proper 616 thing I read. Time went on, I got an ID Card and thus a monthly Pull List to my name. My problem was that I spread myself too thin. I felt as if I had to be as varried as possible. And that went for comics, movies, games, shows; everyhing. In the end, that started creating problems because there's no possible way to take your first steps into (young) adulthood and try to read 1TB worth of comics, watch 1TB worth of shows, and so on and so forth. It seems like a silly notion, but I was a person with a mindset of "I like X, which is tangiably related to Y, so I must like Y too" and "if you're not perfect you're worthless" even as a kid, so it was a bit hard to let go.

At some point, I came up with a "mental list" of stuff I genuinely liked. Not just liked in a "y'know, that was good" way. Stuff that stayed with me, for whatever reason. And the more I looked into it, the more I realized they all, more or less, shared a common root; be it a genre or theme. Usually it's a Millitaristic/War angle, starring a Byronic Hero and maybe with a good love story thrown in there. Sci-Fi, Historical Epic, Period Drama, Mafia Flick. I used to think that it made me "limited", but I realized that's just who I am. No reason to try and change it. Not gonna get too pseudo/poseur-philosophical here, but at the end of the day, we're all results of our genes, environment and times. Some things are just hardcoded down to our DNA. And considering the work path I'm choosing to follow, it makes sense where my interests lie.

I could go on and on about what I like, what I love, why I do and the way it's so. But this isn't my blog, and it's a topic for another thread. The point is, the Punisher, for me at least, will always be the black jumpsuit with white gloves and boots, a bandana and a small network of allies. Why? Because, and this might rub some people the wrong way, I think that's the version that works when you get past your "edge phase". MAX is something "revolutionary" when you're in your teens. It's gritty, realistic, and a new take. You're coming of age, you're trying to learn how the world works and here's this comic showing you the "truth" abou the underworld. But as you get older, if you have time for comics, games or shows, you're using them for a bit of escapism and relaxation. A Bad-Ass soldier with a vengeance being dropped into a warzone and killing terrorists before disabling a WMD is enjoyable. But a deranged, broken inside psycho cutting off the dicks of child molesters in scenes without color just depresses you more.

I'm not saying people don't like that sort of stuff or that it's not interesting. I like, say, Se7en too. But I have no desire to watch A Serbian Film or Salo. Even something like Mindhunter adds some levity or breaks the tension. Sopranos was about the Mob, and it had its fair of psychos, but still was enjoyable because they romanticized the whole thing. Now, Punisher MAX opts for an incredibly realistic approach, and even ramps up the violence, resulting in an incredible bleakness. When you're fresh off a sheltered childhood, it's breathtaking. The more you learn about the world, the more it's just a constant reminder of the harsh truth.

In the end, after a tiring day, I want to relax with something enjoyable. Sometimes it means watching a Screwball Comedy from the 50s, others it means playing some FPS for 30 minutes, some others just reading some action packed or just enjoyable comic book. I want to escape and forget. I mean, right now that I'm typing this, some kid's getting beaten. Another's getting ****ed in the ass in some rape-dungeon because sickos will buy the tape. Some guy's getting tortured, and somebody's getting diagnosed with cancer. Meanwhile I have my own problems. I just wanna escape all that. Whether that's through watching Jude Law as a Pope and tearing up at the end, or following Don Draper's struggle with extintential crisis and relating somewhat, or playing a Space-Soldier blasting aliens, or reading about a super-soldier taking out Middle Eastern Terrorists while Sabaton plays in the background, I just want to have some fun.

I guess the more you grow up, the more you understand why your pops wanted to watch Jackie Chan kick some ninja butt, or that DeNiro comedy, instead of a Bulgarian Drama about a divorced mother, regardless of the reviews, the themes or its importance. Everything has a time and a place, I believe. You watch the artsy-farsty stuff in your teen age to impress the art gal, you watch that ****** B-Movie with your pals while drinking beers, and when you're 40, you hold onto 10 or so things that are important to you. It's the eternal cycle, like in all things.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Yeah, it's truly a shame. Mostly because I've always liked all those Punisher Team-Up OGNs. The one in Scotland, The Moors, has to be my favorite.

It's "current year". Proper Punisher & Nick Fury translations are too full of "Toxic Masculinity"... Also, good luck seeing the Original Fury ever again. We're stuck with Jackson's piss-poor version. Changing that would be "racist"...

Just wanted to say eurocomics for the win. Never read American comics...but I do love all the action figures and statues! I need a eurocomics statue collection though :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Having never read the comics, and seeing Dolph's Punisher, I really liked Thomas Jane in The Punisher. Anyone see the mini sequel, "Punisher - Dirty Laundry"?

Thomas Jane was awesome in that! Really thought he was great as a closed off frank castle liked that much better then the” have feeling for some chick “that they made John bernthal play

Just wanted to say eurocomics for the win. Never read American comics...but I do love all the action figures and statues! I need a eurocomics statue collection though :/

Figure Fariboles made some statues, from various licences, but they're too pricey and hard to find these days.

cf8836ac-0071-4f47-82c0-2c3b3b73766d.jpg

That's Ansea Latal from The Scorpion. She's, uh, a character I enjoy very much, for... various... reasons...

Spoiler Spoiler:

Totally agree. No one in Hollywood knows how to do the Punisher correctly. Most likely, the only exception is Kevin Feige, but he is not into the extreme Marvel stuff.

Kevin Feige would make a stupid Hollywood predictable garbage movie where a romantic sub plot is mandatory.

I just started wondering, how many characters could HT capitalised on with the molds they have for this license...
I would definitely love to see Red Hulk.

the ruthless vigilante will blast his way into your very first Marvel Future Fight collection

So I noticed KGHobby has this for $332 (with a 20% deposit), which is quite a lot cheaper than other places. But how much is their shipping to the US? I'm just wondering what the catch is.

I think I might have ordered something from them once, but it's been a while.

Kevin Feige would make a stupid Hollywood predictable garbage movie where a romantic sub plot is mandatory.

Not sure about that... but if it follows the other Marvel movie formula, the Punisher would come up against a villain who is basically his evil mirror image, he'd lose the fight (or have some mental/emotional issue) in the middle, then come back to win at the end.

So I noticed KGHobby has this for $332 (with a 20% deposit), which is quite a lot cheaper than other places. But how much is their shipping to the US? I'm just wondering what the catch is.

I think I might have ordered something from them once, but it's been a while.

You can see shipping charges in your cart. For me it’s saying $51

Spoiler Spoiler:

Much prefer Jackson's Fury over the comics. Comic Fury is lame as f&*^.

Back