Marvel Fakes on EBay Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is in regards to the FAKE IRONMAN COMIQUETTE that I purchased last October. Well, I was surprised that the seller actually replied, however, his answer was exactly what I thought it would be.

The eBay seller ID is: CHIKITITS

Here is my initial eBay email to him:

Hello,

I bought the "Sideshow" Ironman comiquette from you last October. It was a long time ago, but I JUST found out last week that it is a fake. A friend on a model message board told me that the REAL statue has a square foot peg and copper neck pegs. The one you sold me has aluminum neck pegs and a round foot peg. I emailed Sideshow and they confirmed that the REAL Ironman has a square footpeg and copper neckpegs. I wanted to give you a chance to fix this before I tell several model message boards and model collectors your ebay USER ID and that you sell FAKE Sideshow items.

Thank you for understanding and I look forward to your response,

Jason

Here is his response:

Dear usjrc77,

Hi Jason, I didn't know it was fake on the first place. I purchased it locally at a comic shop around the same price as my starting bid. As it was hot in the market then I decided to sell. I posted many pics and pictures that you requested and I was open with regards in showing you what you were getting then. I'm not selling any other statues and it was the only time I did, so no point in posting to the boards. As much as I'd like to change things, I wouldn't be able to return the payment you made as I've already spent it. This wasn't really expected and I don't know how to resolve this.

Richard Chua

I am not sure whether there is any point in continuing to contact him and, if he really thought it was real (like I did for five months), I do feel like it is a case of "who gets stuck with the rotten egg."

This is in regards to the FAKE IRONMAN COMIQUETTE that I purchased last October. Well, I was surprised that the seller actually replied, however, his answer was exactly what I thought it would be.

The eBay seller ID is: CHIKITITS

Here is my initial eBay email to him:

Hello,

I bought the "Sideshow" Ironman comiquette from you last October. It was a long time ago, but I JUST found out last week that it is a fake. A friend on a model message board told me that the REAL statue has a square foot peg and copper neck pegs. The one you sold me has aluminum neck pegs and a round foot peg. I emailed Sideshow and they confirmed that the REAL Ironman has a square footpeg and copper neckpegs. I wanted to give you a chance to fix this before I tell several model message boards and model collectors your ebay USER ID and that you sell FAKE Sideshow items.

Thank you for understanding and I look forward to your response,

Jason

Here is his response:

Dear usjrc77,

Hi Jason, I didn't know it was fake on the first place. I purchased it locally at a comic shop around the same price as my starting bid. As it was hot in the market then I decided to sell. I posted many pics and pictures that you requested and I was open with regards in showing you what you were getting then. I'm not selling any other statues and it was the only time I did, so no point in posting to the boards. As much as I'd like to change things, I wouldn't be able to return the payment you made as I've already spent it. This wasn't really expected and I don't know how to resolve this.

Richard Chua

I am not sure whether there is any point in continuing to contact him and, if he really thought it was real (like I did for five months), I do feel like it is a case of "who gets stuck with the rotten egg."

Man that's ashame bro, yeah it does sound like he didn't know what was going on especially since he doesn't sell many items from the sounds of it. It's a shame because of the $$$ at lost. He does have a funny eBay ID, I mean really ur gonna id urlself that LOL.

I'm doin research on it right now just in case something pops up at me and I can all ready feel the frustration of this piece. It really is hard to debunk because of all the fakes getting really damn near close to the real thing!

i sold my black and red spidey excl pf to a lady who i believe had 9 of them !!! can u imagine that

WTF, are u talkn about Classic version only 75 made? :horror

yeah bro, I was talking to her b/c i noticed she had feedback for three other purchases of the same item. She said she had 6 in hand and 3 (including mine) on the way. basically she spent $$ to make $$. i sold mine for $800 she could turn around in a few weeks and have sold it for 1100. If you have the gumption and the credit you could do pretty well. i dont have the balls to lay out that money, but if you can its almost a sure thing with the 75 edition size.

yeah bro, I was talking to her b/c i noticed she had feedback for three other purchases of the same item. She said she had 6 in hand and 3 (including mine) on the way. basically she spent $$ to make $$. i sold mine for $800 she could turn around in a few weeks and have sold it for 1100. If you have the gumption and the credit you could do pretty well. i dont have the balls to lay out that money, but if you can its almost a sure thing with the 75 edition size.

Wow, unreal....

is it douchey to love another man????? happy new year!!! i dont see what is wrong with his response. HIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Back