Marvel and Netflix Team on Four Series Leading Up to The Defenders!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No clue what JJ powers are because a) never read a comic b) neither show showcased them much...... dig her F off attitude but zero clue what she brings to the table. Least I know the other three from the comics and while down played a lot I know what the bring to the team.

Dunno I'd put this behind DD 1/2, JJ, and before LC and IF
Well considering she saved LC and IF at the end holding onto that lift, she brings enough to the table.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Mine too !

It's actually funny but if you can watch Season 1 of Iron Fist again , you notice the camera is on her butt quite a bit

That's hollywood for you, acting will only get you so far the real meat and potatoes remains T&A if you ever want to get your career going you will wear yoga pants lol

Just finished it. Well that was a pretty big disappointment. Can't believe that was really what we have been waiting for this whole time. That's what this whole mystery of the Hand and the giant hole in New York city led up to. That 10 ninjas fighting in a basement to a freaking rap song was really this epic "Battle of New York" we had been promised.

Felt less like the Avengers and more like those CW Arrowverse crossovers.

I watched the whole season over the weekend.

Things i Like

1) Daredevil,he holds this thing together otherwise it would have been a complete mess
2) Stick, just a great actor and character
3) Luke Cage and Jessica Jones (sarcastic humor eg "You like like an *******", her day drinking, taking beer from the bum lol)
4) First fight between Luke Cage and IF. Luke cages facial expressions were priceless, good actor for sure
5) Electra
6) While i dislike IF i like that they actually attempted to put him in a costume... well sort of

Things i didn't like
1) Danny Rand aka Iron Fool, Terrible actor no matter how you spin it
2) The long debate at the end when they were deciding if they should blow up the building. I was like wtf, they have no time for that **** they were in a hurry just a few minutes earlier
3) The Hand, weak villains that never felt like they posed any threat to the defenders, their mission was stupider then hell and they had to weaken key players (see #5) for the sake of plot
4) The old lady Gao using force powers to **** people up, like what the **** is she and why can she do that, either way it was never explained.. None of the other fingers had powers like that so uhm...
5) Luke cage getting hurt by electra and other hand members.. they dumbed down his powers for the sake of plot.. punches and kicks should not have phased him
6) The end (like we all knew he wasn't dead, why waste 15 additional minutes showing each character dealing with the fake death it just weakens any impact a real death may have).
7) Claire fighting the hand, why can a nurse who has no training go toe to toe with a ninja?? Stupid
8) IF love interest, whatever her name is, much like Danny Rand she stinks at acting. If she is just there for Eye candy then cut out some of the lines, she had way to many of them.

Last edited:
:goodpost: I pretty much agree with everything you said... overall it was disappointing. Watch it for DD and those small moments of character interaction between the main four. I was expecting hand ninja's galore running rampant over the city by the end ... I mean DD had hand ninja's attacking a hospital and the end fight of season 2 felt bigger than the end of the Defenders.

I watched the whole season over the weekend.

2) The long debate at the end when they were deciding if they should blow up the building. I was like wtf, they have no time for that **** they were in a hurry just a few minutes earlier

They spent so much time laboring over this I hoped there would be some pay off ...

Spoiler Spoiler:

7) Claire fighting the hand, why can a nurse who has no training go toe to toe with a ninja?? Stupid
Yes it's beyond stupid and annoying. These are the elite of the elite and she had like one training session with Colleen 'Yoga Pants' Wing. Claire taking them out diminishes their threat level and any danger that they might pose.

Strangely by the end I quite liked IF (though I hasten to add that he is the one character that I have no previous attachment to having not read any of his comics but I completely get why others would be annoyed if he is horribly miscast). In a team scenario, I liked him playing the naive role (seeing the world only in black and white, good and evil). In the Defenders I felt this worked because the others were so much more worldly than he was that it created a good contrast. I enjoyed his interaction with Luke a lot and would happily now tune in for a season of IF and Power Man (I most likely won't watch a season 2 for their individual shows though).

Spoiler Spoiler:

Stick was a great character....until he didn't kill Elektra when he had the chance. Then his character was ruined because that went against everything he was.

Stick was a great character....until he didn't kill Elektra when he had the chance. Then his character was ruined because that went against everything he was.

He thinks in mysterious ways, because he was always the Wise Man...

PHdFmyyEeZIPhh_1_l.jpg

scott-glenn.jpg

Are u talking about the scene when he was blindfolded and tied up (lol not sure why they needed to blind fold a blind man but thats beside the point)? I think he hesitated because he realized it was his long time student who he considered a daughter.. He would have done the same with daredevil. He had no problems killing IF or knocking out luke cage with his killer chronic smoke. Once he realized what Electra was he was set on killing her, he even told daredevil he would have to kill her. He knew daredevil wouldnt be able to do it

In their final confrontation he tried killing her but she bested him, and returned the favor

Last edited:
Just finished it. Really disappointed, such a shame how these netflix shows have declined.

They are still better then the dc fluff on the cw.. Arrow and flash had good 1rst seasons, but its been downhill since, the other dc shows are are barely watchable, i only tune in because I love super hero **** and I have no interest in reality tv or other crap shows on tv nowadays

I loved his "I don't give a ****" attitude about cutting his hand off. Zero hesitation when he does it and then they're like "what happened to your hand?" He's totally nonchalant about it; "I cut it off to escape."

I'm not saying it's completely awful. But after the build up for it to turn out worse than the solo shows (IF excluded) is a serious let down.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

I loved his "I don't give a ****" attitude about cutting his hand off. Zero hesitation when he does it and then they're like "what happened to your hand?" He's totally nonchalant about it; "I cut it off to escape."

I actually wasn't a fan of that part. It seemed like something they did to make him look like a bad***, but just came off as over the top, especially for the relatively grounded tone the show is going for. Cutting it off is one thing. Nonchalantly brushing off massive blood loss, trauma, shock, and an unimagineable amount of pain just took me out of the whole thing.

Speaking of which, why didn't anybody think to grab Misty's arm before it was lost in the explosion? Given the clean cut and quick access to medical care there's a pretty decent chance it could have been reattached if someone had bothered to pick it up. Claire really should have known that.

Are u talking about the scene when he was blindfolded and tied up (lol not sure why they needed to blind fold a blind man but thats beside the point)? I think he hesitated because he realized it was his long time student who he considered a daughter.. He would have done the same with daredevil. He had no problems killing IF or knocking out luke cage with his killer chronic smoke. Once he realized what Electra was he was set on killing her, he even told daredevil he would have to kill her. He knew daredevil wouldnt be able to do it

In their final confrontation he tried killing her but she bested him, and returned the favor

It was during his big battle with her. He had her, his blade was on her neck and he let her go for no reason. My wife and I looked at each other like what the hell this show just keeps getting worse lol

Making the Hand members have superstrength was really stupid. So IF had to summon the fist to do any damage to LC, yet the Hand members could inflict the same damage on him. So how in earth could IF or DD have fought them, without super strength and one punch would have incapacitated them if they could do any damage to Luke. It was just really all over the place with the abilities aspect.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Back