Mars Toys - Bob the Goon

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It would be better to get a 2-pack, maybe Bob and Lawrence. Putting a Lawrence headsculpt on a Bob body would look odd, plus you have to constantly choose which goon you want displayed because there's only one body. That's the problem I'm having with the Mobster Joker. They include the melting facepaint head sculpt so now I have to find a Laughing Man figure to put that head on. I already have the original DX08 with the regular Joker head but I'd rather keep that head on there.
Itā€™s more just an economics thing. Many might buy one $150 figure but not many are going to pay $250-300 for a two pack. Having the extra head(s) included would probably sell better than multi packs. Plenty would bellyache they only wanted Bob (or Lawrence) and didnā€™t need the other one.

Itā€™s more just an economics thing. Many might buy one $150 figure but not many are going to pay $250-300 for a two pack. Having the extra head(s) included would probably sell better than multi packs. Plenty would bellyache they only wanted Bob (or Lawrence) and didnā€™t need the other one.

Good points, I guess it's something that would just frustrate me, I hate letting a great head sculpt go to waste.

Must come with ā€œgunā€.

"Gun" is a must.

H6cDLbN.gif

And glasses.

They must have names. I just never learned them. DiFabio must know.

There was also the chubby guy. I believe Batman gives him a swift kick in the alleyway fight. He's also last in line when they start entering the museum to Partyman. His real name is Mac McDonald I believe and mentioned how he tried to approach Jack Nicholson when Nicholson was on set reading the paper or something and Nicholson just said, "Go on, Mac" like "leave me alone." I was disappointed to hear that. Some of the other goons were on his good side though, they would party with him after shooting would wrap on certain nights.

Maybe they could do a two-pack: small goon + tall goon.

Include three heads for the small goon (Bob, smiling Bob, + Asian goon) and two for the tall goon (Lawrence + the dude Batman slams into the bell)?

The accessories could be pretty great. The silver candelabra, bucket of ice + champaign, maybe the Caesar bust that gets defaced, the painting Joker stops Bob from slashing, Lawrenceā€™ boombox, etc. Throw in Jokerā€™s flamethrower lighter + a flame effect.

That would be a dream come true.

Best hand-to-hand Batman fight in the Burton-Schumacher world of the 90's.

I never realized he was wearing Hammer-Time pants.

Looks like maybe fingerless gloves. Gonna need some alt hands too for that tall goon swap-out.

Back