Mario is no longer the top selling game of all time

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, that's a bit of a misleading factoid, I'm not surprised to read that Wii Sports sold more copies than the original Super Mario Bros, but in reality Mario as a character/brand, I'm sure, has sold way more copies that Wii Sports.

They're talking about an individual game. Not just Nintendo's lame attempt to put Mario in front of every possible title ever created.

I'd love to know what game has sold the most titles that wasn't packaged with a system.

They're talking about an individual game. Not just Nintendo's lame attempt to put Mario in front of every possible title ever created.

I'd love to know what game has sold the most titles that wasn't packaged with a system.

More than likely Zelda: OOT.

These numbers are all messed up being as both games came packed with the console...it's not fair to call either "the best selling game of all time"

People want the console they buy the console, just so happens it comes with the game.

And I imagine more people would have bought Super Mario Bros if it didn't come with the system, than would buy Wii Sports on its own.

But, truthfully I like Wii Sports enough I'd buy it.

woah sonic unleashed was a great game reviewer's are very mean to sonic because they think that's what people want in to hear but gta4 didnt get bad reviews from ign and gamespot because they know people wanna hear good stuff about it. i also have to disagree the mario game's are boring now and get so much praise for nothing it make's no sense ,sure sonic isnt perfect but without the werehog sonic unleashed wouldve been perfect imho.

I think reviewers still want to like Sonic. I still want to like Sonic. Be honest, the Werehog stages were horrible and the super-fast daytime stages were too short and too few in number.

Even if Sonic Unleashed were considered decent, the previous Sonic game on PS3 and 360 was garbage, and everything that's come out since SOnic Adventure 2 has not been good. (except the handheld Sonic games, those are great).

yea i love sonic but the 06 was garbage and i was about to give up on the game's but sonic unleashed day time level's were short but great imo i love the speed in the game hopefully the next game will be all about that.

And I imagine more people would have bought Super Mario Bros if it didn't come with the system, than would buy Wii Sports on its own.

But, truthfully I like Wii Sports enough I'd buy it.

There were two games I was going to buy when the Wii launched, Zelda and Wii Sports. I was so excited when I heard it was getting packaged with the system as it saved me $50.

And for the record, Wii Sports is not packaged with the system in every country. For the countries that it's not, it was the best selling game in 2008.

Back