Kinect games confirmed price: $50. Kinect bundle will include a game

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plasmid303

Super Freak
Reaction score
Also, there will be a new Xbox 360 Slim bundle that includes Kinect for $300.

https://kotaku.com/5591138/microsoft-prices-kinect-xbox-360-motion-games

Microsoft's Kinect add-on for the Xbox 360 will be $150 and come with a copy of Kinect Adventures when the motion controller hits stores in November, the company said today. Kinect games will sell for $50 each.

Microsoft's news today confirms rumor about the price of the add-on that have been making the rounds since the date for Kinect was unveiled at E3 last month.

The Kinect kit will come with both the proprietary cable that works with Microsoft's latest Xbox 360 and a USB cable and power cord that will work with the original Xbox 360s.

Microsoft will also be selling a new bundle that includes the redesigned Xbox 360 with 4GB of internal flash memory and the Kinect kit for $300 starting on Nov. 4. News of the bundle first broke on Kotaku last month.

In the United Kingdom, Microsoft's Kinect with Kinect Adventures will retail for £129.99. The console bundle will sell for £249.99, with MIcrosoft Kinect games retailing at £39.99.

Microsoft's product manager Aaron Greenberg says that Microsoft expects that Kinect will be a "huge driver of console sales."

"I think Kinect absolutely presents a unique opportunity to reach a much broader audience then we've spoken to before," Greenberg said.

The Kinect Adventures game includes more than 20 different game modes and supports up to two players at a time. The new motion control add-on will launch alongside 15 titles, Greenberg said. While Microsoft can't dictate the price third-party developers sell their games for, the currently announced four internally developed Kinect games will sell for $50, $10 less than most Xbox 360 games.

Kinect goes up against Nintendo's already established and massively successful Wii console, which sells for $200 and comes with the sensor bar, single remote, single nunchuk, a MotionPlus add-on and copies of Wii Sports and Wii Sports Resort.

Sony's motion-sensing Move add-on, for the Playstation 3 (which starts at $300), hits on Sept. 19 for a variety of pricing options. The Playstation Move bundle, which includes a single controller, the required camera and a copy of Sports Champions, sells for $100. The sub-controller for the Move sells for $30.

While it's better than what was originally reported, it's still pretty crappy.

That adventures game looks horrible, I wouldn't pay $5 for that, so no incentive to get it for free. And $50 is still too much for these games. If top AAA games cost $50 on PC then these should be less.

I'll hold out until there's a point to buying it. In the meantime I've got plenty of new collectibles to pay for.

Now you're just complaining just to complain. It comes with a free game on par with Wii Sports, so typically now you have everything you need to start playing Kinect. If you're looking at this from the hardcore gamer perspective, then of course you're going to be disappointed with the pack-in game. But casual gamers will eat it up. Also, there are no reviews for Kinect Adventures yet, so the verdict is still up in the air about that.

$50 probably is too much for the early few games on Kinect's launch, but generally it's safe to assume that better games will be on their way (Star Wars, Peter Molyneux's game, Child of Eden, etc). They just want to lay down the standard pricing for Kinect games.

Also, I think if Sony can sell a game like Eyepet for full price, then a game like Kinectimals doesn't seem like a rip off for $50.

Plus, the Wii is also guilty of having a giant library of shovel-ware and minigame collections, but generally those games don't define the the console.

Now you're just complaining just to complain. It comes with a free game on par with Wii Sports, so typically now you have everything you need to start playing Kinect. If you're looking at this from the hardcore gamer perspective, then of course you're going to be disappointed with the pack-in game. But casual gamers will eat it up. Also, there are no reviews for Kinect Adventures yet, so the verdict is still up in the air about that.

$50 probably is too much for the early few games on Kinect's launch, but generally it's safe to assume that better games will be on their way (Star Wars, Peter Molyneux's game, Child of Eden, etc). They just want to lay down the standard pricing for Kinect games.

Also, I think if Sony can sell a game like Eyepet for full price, then a game like Kinectimals doesn't seem like a rip off for $50.

Plus, the Wii is also guilty of having a giant library of shovel-ware and minigame collections, but generally those games don't define the the console.

:goodpost::goodpost: I'm in the group that doesn't have any interest in this stuff, but I admit that there is a market for it. Come X-mas time I'm sure MS will sell the crap out of these.

The Kinect Adventures isn't the sports game, it's a piece of crap, a game where you jump to hit points, a crappy rafting game, and a running game, those games suck (tell me I'm wrong).

And honestly I don't think there can be any hardcore games made for Kinect. It doesn't have enough precision, it's not that bad, but you can notice in the games how inaccurate it is. A lot of the games seem to be hiding it (the Dance Central game doesn't show you what you're doing) and other games seem to be simple actions, like it's easy to tell if you jump, but it doesn't really get an accurate measurement of how high or how fast. It's got a reported 1/10th of a second delay, which is horrible for shooters, and there's no good way to map shooting controls to something like that.

Also, you can't walk around, notice in the Star Wars preview you stand in one place and the character just moves to the next section.

Maybe I am being a bit harsh, but I don't think anything I'm saying is wrong.

What you're saying isn't wrong, per se, but it is mostly conjecture. Most of what we saw during E3 was early stuff. Remember, Kinect isn't out until November and some of the titles are likely even further on the horizon. As for Kinect Adventures, by 'on par with Wii Sports', I only meant that it contains a bunch of varied games. The quality of the games within is up for debate once the full game is released.

What your complaints are bounding all over the place. I thought you were just criticizing the prices of these games and now you're going on about the tech? It's not even close to out yet and no reviewers have tested the final piece of hardware. It's entirely possible that Star Wars and Dance Central could disappoint, but we won't know until the time comes. I apply this same principle to Sony's Move.

I said before in the previous threads that some people are too quick to judge and instead they should just slow down and go by the info that is solidly available, and right now, its the pricing.

:goodpost::goodpost: I'm in the group that doesn't have any interest in this stuff, but I admit that there is a market for it. Come X-mas time I'm sure MS will sell the crap out of these.

Hopefully more games like Star Wars will be released by then.

Back