Best Selling Game of 2010 (so far)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darth Caedus

Formerly Congerking
Reaction score
Best Selling Games of 2010 So Far
Red Dead Redemption running away with it.
July 19, 2010
by Jim Reilly LATEST IMAGES

We've hit the halfway point of 2010, and it looks as though Rockstar Games' Red Dead Redemption is going to be the best selling game this year in the U.S. if things don't change dramatically.

Posted below are two groups of console game unit sales ranked from January 2010 to June 2010, provided by research firm NPD. The first is a look at the top ten individual console sales. The second is the top five sales when multiplatform games are combined. (Note: Unit sales figures could not be published)

Some things to note:

- Modern Warfare 2 is still outselling Bad Company 2, even though the title was released in November of 2009. Bad Company 2 launched in March 2010.

- Wii dominates individual sales with five titles in the top ten.

- Mass Effect 2, considered one of this year's best titles, did not chart in the top ten.

Top Ten Individual Platform Sales (Jan-Jun)

1. New Super Mario Bros. Wii - Wii
2. Pokemon SoulSilver Version - Nintendo DS
3. Red Dead Redemption - Xbox 360
4. God of War III - PlayStation 3
5. Wii Fit Plus w/Balance Board - Wii
6. Wii Sports Resort w/ Wii Motion Plus - Wii
7. Pokemon HeartGold Version - Nintendo DS
8. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Xbox 360
9. Just Dance - Wii
10. Super Mario Galaxy 2 - Wii

Top Five Combined Platform Sales (Jan-Jun)

1. Red Dead Redemption (360,PS3)
2. New Super Mario Bros. Wii (Wii)
3. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2* (360,PS3)
4. Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (360,PS3)
5. Wii Fit Plus* (Wii)

I'm surprised God of War III isn't higher on that list. Sad to see none of those are 360 exclusives as I was hoping that Alan Wake would be somewhere on the chart.

I don't think Alan Wake has even sold 1 million, so no way it's on that list.

It's sad that there's some great games that don't sell a whole lot. Mass Effect 2 did pretty well for itself, but it really deserves more sales.

If they were to make a list of Rankings, then by sells, a lot of the 9-10/10 wouldn't be ANYWHERE near the top....even though SMG2 and Red Dead were pretty well reviewed

I'm surprised Wii games are up there. Glad to see Red Dead up there, awesome game. I wonder whats the best selling Console for the year???

I think PS3 would be best selling console, but that's just my guess. No surprises on the list there, RDR is the best game of the year as well IMO.

I think Call of Duty: Black Ops will end up being the highest selling game of the year. Red Dead did well, but I don't see it keeping at it's current pace, and even if it does I'm not sure it could touch what CoD will pull in :(.

If this was world wide once SC 2 comes out that will own because everyone in Asia plays Starcraft. I am sure it will do well in the US but since it is PC based probably not as well as a console game.

till gears 3 & halo reach come out :lecture

Gears of War 3 doesn't come out until next year.

I'm not really sure what will be the top game this year, I don't think COD will do nearly as well as the past releases. But I'm sure Halo: Reach will sell quite a bit, but if it's as much as Halo 3 I can not be sure.

It's sad that Mass Effect 2 isn't up there. It's a fantastic game which has the highest scores of any 360 game released this year.

It's sad that Mass Effect 2 isn't up there. It's a fantastic game which has the highest scores of any 360 game released this year.

I'm not surprised by it not being on the list. Most casual gamers want to play games with constant action going on all the time with a little bit of story mixed in them instead of an RPG like ME, ME2, or Dragon Age Origins.

Back