Mario Golf World Tour for 3DS (Made by Camelot)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only thing more exciting that watching golf on TV, is playing a videogame of golf.

DwMe4x2.jpg

That's how I think of all sports, fun to play, boring to watch. That being said, Wii Sports and Resort Golf was really fun, as was the difficult Mario Golf on 64.

Does something like this really need a whole thread for itself?

Why not? Every other game gets a thread. I am looking forward to this. I don't know how many hours me and my brother clocked in on the n64 version but it was a lot.

Because it's shovelware

Camelot games aren't shovelware. While they tend to have a very similar art style they are all original courses and the gameplay just keeps getting better.

I'm guessing you never played the N64 game. I played it in college and I'm sure my roommates and I clocked in over 200 hours playing Mario Golf. While you played the other players could have the characters make loud annoying comments. That **** never got old and I laugh thinking about it to this day.

Because it's shovelware

Camelot developed Mario sports game... shovelware? :explode:

The Gameboy games w/ their RPG style of play are still pretty damn unique to this day. I don't golf, I don't enjoy watching it, I don't enjoy discussing it, but when it's set in the Mushroom Kingdom, everything changes.

I'm looking forward to it, but I would have preferred this to be on the Wii U w/ a motion control option.

The Gameboy games w/ their RPG style of play are still pretty damn unique to this day. I don't golf, I don't enjoy watching it, I don't enjoy discussing it, but when it's set in the Mushroom Kingdom, everything changes.

:exactly::goodpost:

I didn't realize any Mario game could be shovelware. Did you even play the n64 version? It was fantastic. I'm sure this game will be just as good.

Mario Golf for Gameboy Color was just recently released to the 3DS Virtual Console and holds up great. You have no idea WTF you're talking about, and have contributed nothing to this thread. Why do you keep posting here?

Did you ever play Nes open? That game was great. Played it for hours and hours at my grandmas house.

The old Mario Golf games, especially the one on Gameboy Color are still some of the finest Golf games I've ever played. It had a very deep stat-based system, almost like an RPG.

I'd definitely pick up this new one if it's anything like the old games.

Yeah I don't see how this game could be called shovelware. Mario golf games have always been considered really good.

Toadstool Tour was a great game, and hard as nails if I recall. This will hopefully be as good.

And, in an industry of shovelware, this is not shovelware. The games which release a sequel almost every year ARE shovelware, like COD and now (sadly) Assassin's Creed.

Very cool! My son will be all over this. Mario Sports games are a great way to introduce kids to sports. We have Wii Baseball and Sports Mix as well as Mario Tennis for the DS. My son, Gabriel, loves to play them with me, and I with him. :D

Honestly I would take a mario sports game over any "real" sports game. They just make playing sports in game fun. I always love the different stuff you can do. items you can use etc. Another great golf game that I probably liked even more than Mario golf 64 was Cybertyger for the n64. Game was a blast!

Back