Major League Baseball 2012

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now the collector shares his story. None of the seals were broken. None tampered with. These guys crack me up when they think they can lie to us. Braun said there were several fed ex locations open when the collector was done but in REALITY at 5 pm when the collector was done there were no fed ex locations open.

Actually they both are correct. Bruan said they were locations open the collector said there were no locations that would ship The package that day or Sunday. The collector says he followed the companies procedure , however that was not the MLB procedure. Maybe the company should had made sure that it's collectors knew the proper procedure for the agency they are working for. Maybe you should actually listen vs only listening to what you want to hear.

https://m.espn.go.com/mlb/story?storyId=7625905

Tks foga. Caught the clip on SC but missed that part. Glad this collector set the story straight when Braun was clearly trying run him under the bus.
Bruan never threw anyone under the bus IMO. He accused the collector for not following MLB procedure, which the collector has admitted in his statement about the timeline and admitted to not following the procedure in the past. Past that he has said the collector never did anything intentionally or accidentally or what happened only that he has no idea what happened during that time period or what could have caused the positive test. Plus just look at the name of the seals, tamper resistant so that means they are not tamper proof so the fact that seals are intact IMO is pointless and only say there is not obvious tampering.

The collectors statement could easily lose the MLB contract for the company he works for as he has said that he has broken MLB procedures in the past and that it was company policy to do so which could become a liability for MLB on any positive test this company has ever taken in the past and going forward.

No. He tried to blame the collector for tampering with the sample. This collector had his name questioned by Braun and this guy came out swinging. He said he's done this same procedure (taking it back to the home and storing it) countless number of times and NEVER has it been an issue. NEVER. He may even end up suing Braun for slander. ESPN had an expert on from the testing lab in Montreal and he came on and said it would take magic to make a clean sample turn into a sample with 4 times the level of testosterone which Braun's sample was. Are you really trying to believe Braun?

The expert they had on Mike and Mike in the morning this morning said that by taking it home and storing in a temperature controlled environment that would actually decrease the levels of testosterone slightly. I'm fine with Braun beating the system. No 50 game suspension. That's fine. But when you sit there on TV, give a 5 minute rehearsed speech that we've all heard from other baseball players that were lying, and then throw someone you have no idea about under the bus, that's when he went overboard. Good for Mr. Laurenzi aka the collector.

Any thought on the new playoff format?

Personally I hate the idea. I can just see the ____storm now when Team A wins 95 games, but doesn't win their division and they have to face Team B with 89 wins in a one game playoff and lose. Everything in baseball is played in series, but this will be one game. It really cheapens things in my opinion.

It cheapens the wildcard but strengthens the division winner.

LOVE IT.

162 games should be spent trying to win the division. I don't feel sorry for wild carders having to play a play in game. This coming from a fan of the Rockies who have yet to win a division but have won the wild card 3 times.

It cheapens the wildcard but strengthens the division winner.

LOVE IT.

162 games should be spent trying to win the division. I don't feel sorry for wild carders having to play a play in game. This coming from a fan of the Rockies who have yet to win a division but have won the wild card 3 times.

In some ways it seems like MLB's passive aggressive way of saying they hate the WC. Ideally they could add 2 viable franchises to bring it up to 32. 4 divisions per league, no such thing as a WC. However, they can't make 30 work, so 32 is probably out of the question.

The Cardinals have agreed to a five-year, $75 million contract with four-time Gold Glove catcher Yadier Molina that will keep him in St. Louis through the 2017 season.

Way to overpay, dip____s... 15 million a ____ing year for a career .274 hitter who's only hit more than 8 homers once in 8 years? Brilliant.

While I think it gives a deserved advantage to the division winner, I don't think it says they hate the wildcard either. After all they are creating 2 more of them, technically and after all 1 WC will still be moving on to the divisional round.

Its just saying that the WCs need to fight a little bit harder, which I think is totally valid.

100% correct prog. Now both wild cards have to use their best pitcher to move on and won't be able to use him again in game 1 of the next round. I'm loving it. Baseball needs more excitement.

100% correct prog. Now both wild cards have to use their best pitcher to move on and won't be able to use him again in game 1 of the next round. I'm loving it. Baseball needs more excitement.

From an outside perspective I would say the final day of last season was pretty damn exciting. With this new system that would have been all for nothing. Boston and Tampa would have played anyway a day later.

I could take it better if it were 2/3, but one game is just stupid. In 2004 the Red Sox won 98 and in this scenario would have played the 91 win A's. The 7 game gap established over 162 games would have meant nothing. There's quite a bit of chance with just 1 game and the better team may not get their chance.

yeah but that was one in a million with what happened last year....now you are guaranteeing it happening every year....

The Braves went 10-20 to finish the year for the Cardinals to get in and win the WS.....hind sight being as it is the Phillies should have just let the Braves win that last game....knowing they could beat them at any point really...

Way to overpay, dip____s... 15 million a ____ing year for a career .274 hitter who's only hit more than 8 homers once in 8 years? Brilliant.

Actually, that's a great deal for the game's best catcher. He does enough on offense to be solid but its how he handles a pitching staff and throws out runners where he really earns the money.

It's steal in comparison to what the Twins are paying Joe Mauer. Maybe this year he'll put up those '09 numbers that got him his current contract.

It's steal in comparison to what the Twins are paying Joe Mauer. Maybe this year he'll put up those '09 numbers that got him his current contract.

Mauer has just had bad luck IMO. Flosi, I just don't think pays attention to what all Molina does for the Cards. He is that important to the team.

Mauer has just had bad luck IMO. Flosi, I just don't think pays attention to what all Molina does for the Cards. He is that important to the team.

I get what you're saying. That's how I felt about Jason Varitek. His pay wasn't relative to his numbers. However, everything else he brought to the table as far as handling the pitching staff made him well worth his contracts.

I get what you're saying. That's how I felt about Jason Varitek. His pay wasn't relative to his numbers. However, everything else he brought to the table as far as handling the pitching staff made him well worth his contracts.

That's a pretty fair comparison.

Back