Major Bludd

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HT suffers from that a lot more than Sideshow. HT won't even round off the 'essential' GI Joe figures in their line. They always leave a key character out. Sideshow at least hits most of the big names before slowly stopping. HT didn't even start with the big names with Watchmen :lol

Ya, but people have always expected that with HT

And as for their GI Joe line, nobody cares anyway, they will be the first thing people who buy them drop from their collection.

HT suffers from that a lot more than Sideshow. HT won't even round off the 'essential' GI Joe figures in their line. They always leave a key character out. Sideshow at least hits most of the big names before slowly stopping. HT didn't even start with the big names with Watchmen :lol

Part of the problem is that not addressing the key characters, often times can result in huge holes if the line gets stopped. Hell, SW isn't stopped and we may never see a Chewie in their line and passing the buck to HT is unacceptable. Plus with dragging out the releases, there's the issue with quality not matching in figures that are meant to be displayed together. Obi, Qui Gon and Maul are a perfect example of this.

The problem is always the same with SSC, they bite off more than they handle, which will always leave a certain collector base aggravated. Especially when they start and dont finish, which they have done time and time again.A simple, "not to worry the Joe line is not dead, we have just had to focus on other areas for the last year but 2013 with have some great releases."

IMO to do that it isnt that hard and goes a lot farther in keeping your supporters happy.

unfortunately 2013 is only looking like 2 releases...

The SDCC exclusive (if we get one) will be released before Major Bludd :rotfl

and You know whenever Baroness goes up for pre-order,there is no way we'll get her this year...I honestly don't see a figure being released this year after Bludd

unfortunately 2013 is only looking like 2 releases...

The SDCC exclusive (if we get one) will be released before Major Bludd :rotfl

and You know whenever Baroness goes up for pre-order,there is no way we'll get her this year...I honestly don't see a figure being released this year after Bludd

Yup, with Bludd being pushed back to August that means we're either going to get two back-to-back, or just a single release this year and maybe a couple preorders (Baroness and someone else) before/by Christmas.

If they are just taking a break from the line I am ok with that as long as it is just a break to focus on something else. I collect SW, GI Joe, and Batman so for the last few years it has been pretty hard to keep up on releases with Hot Toys and Sideshow. Now with Hots Toys releasing uninspiring product and the break with Sideshow I have been going back to my older joes and upgrading them with new bodies and some extra gear. I recently brought out Duke and added a radio to him and a new belt and I am happier with him more than ever.

If they are just taking a break from the line I am ok with that as long as it is just a break to focus on something else. I collect SW, GI Joe, and Batman so for the last few years it has been pretty hard to keep up on releases with Hot Toys and Sideshow. Now with Hots Toys releasing uninspiring product and the break with Sideshow I have been going back to my older joes and upgrading them with new bodies and some extra gear. I recently brought out Duke and added a radio to him and a new belt and I am happier with him more than ever.

I agree. could use this time to either take a wallet break or just add a few soldier troop builders to the display.

I'm actually thinking about pairing down some of my joes, and some of my non clones in SW. I hope the heat turns back up for the Joe line because its an awesome line.

Yup, with Bludd being pushed back to August that means we're either going to get two back-to-back, or just a single release this year and maybe a couple preorders (Baroness and someone else) before/by Christmas.

Anybody else suspect Disney execs put an end to this run? The slowdown/cutoff could be explained by Disney currently in talks to aquire Hasbro. I suspect they want to water down the Joe line further and take the line back into the wrong direction. You know the direction I'm talking about; goofy cartoonish colors and wonky oversized happy meal weapons. Anything that looks rediculous and further seperates them from overzealous reporters blaming everything for the violent culture they like to brainwash us with everyday.
Me thinks it's no coincidence, talks between the 2 were announced Nov. 6th, should have been crunch time to realize next years linup in my opinion. No doubt, they've got deeeeeep pockets and holding all the marbles ($$$), I can only imagine how quick Hasbro would be to please their new overlords.
On the plus side, maybe someday we'll see a Minnie Mouse and Sgt. Slaughter 2 pack. No? Bad idea???

Anybody else suspect Disney execs put an end to this run? The slowdown/cutoff could be explained by Disney currently in talks to aquire Hasbro. I suspect they want to water down the Joe line further and take the line back into the wrong direction. You know the direction I'm talking about; goofy cartoonish colors and wonky oversized happy meal weapons. Anything that looks rediculous and further seperates them from overzealous reporters blaming everything for the violent culture they like to brainwash us with everyday.
Me thinks it's no coincidence, talks between the 2 were announced Nov. 6th, should have been crunch time to realize next years linup in my opinion. No doubt, they've got deeeeeep pockets and holding all the marbles ($$$), I can only imagine how quick Hasbro would be to please their new overlords.
On the plus side, maybe someday we'll see a Minnie Mouse and Sgt. Slaughter 2 pack. No? Bad idea???

Nah, unfortunately this is standard form for Sideshow.

No, I agree. Sideshow has had quite a few missteps lately, I'll admit that. I think its no secret that 1:6 is no longer one of their flagship items as it used to be. Its all about the poly now. I'm not sure how to describe it. I know they still love the scale and doing the figures, but I guess they just aren't as profitable as the poly items are (nearly everything is molded, no sewing required?). So I don't know if its that or what. There was a time Sideshow was better than HT in 1:6 scale. While HT is definitely on top of that now, Sideshow's figure are great for the price, an nowhere near crap most of the time. Every now and then they get a figure stuck with their crappy painting factory or having new body issues, but its nowhere near Enterbay's QC problems. :dunno

And of course Spooktacular was laughable this year compared to its glory days. That was a major blow to me this year :slap

--

I concur.

I've experienced & seen similar instances with other companies in varying degrees.

I'm of the mindset that no matter how big a company is . . . don't ever forget to appreciate and interact with your loyal customer base.

Granted, it can be impossible at times for a variety of reasons. The companies are not in business to placate us, but in business to make $. They simply want our $ . . . which is the bottom line. With that said, there are methods on how companies acquire our $ . . . none of which spells out they absolutely have to keep us 100% satisfied, but close enough or marginally enough.

Look @ DML. They are nowhere near the diversity or output of Sideshow, but they keep a very simple formula when it comes to 1:6. Keep on producing 1:6 German (and Allied) figures. Granted, it's a tired formula, but it still works for them and they have branched out into different themes every now & then. Their customer/fan base is just as dedicated & loyal as Sideshow's with it's quirks and all.

One company I personally know told me if they interacted with their customers/fans all day, then they would not be able to get any work done for the company given their size & limited means.

Given the mindset & variety of views expressed within this forum, we are in all honesty a very fickle bunch and the perception can come off at times where we are way too demanding & picky, but the argument to that is . . . it's our $ . . . considering it's our $ . . . we have the right to be demanding.

Granted, it's subject to interpretation . . . however . . . the perception is the reality. Moreover, just look at threads & responses within this section & elsewhere for other licenses. Would Sideshow really . . . really . . . want to post and possibly add more fuel to the fire with any type of response?

The last time I was so incensed about QC was when the 1:6 TOMB RAIDER figure came out and I called Customer Service to voice my complaint and request a replacement. Their Customer Service took care of the issue in all fairness. I don't think Sideshow can continue to rest on the laurels of their Customer Service to make up for short comings in a variety of areas even though many collectors/customers continue to buy their offerings coming off as drones regardless of price, etc.

Yes. We can & will continue to always complain about whatever, but will the majority of us posting really stop buying because of QC, price, etc. compared to those who buy who don't even participate within this forum let alone maybe aware of this forum who may not necessarily be as enlightened when it comes to price, QC, etc.?

Words....:monkey4

Yea, we just need pictures.

Sideshow_Collectables_Logo-610x250.png

498_you_suck_auto_sticker__48417.jpg

Me thinks. :slap

Oy.

What, no love for gollum/smeagol?:dunno

Way to support and endorse cannibalistic evil-doers.

Gah... Disney would be right to stay clear from the tastes and appeals from the likes of your type of folk.

What, no love for gollum/smeagol?:dunno

Nah, he's cool. Also bet Gollum'd probably have a less fantasy-based response for the slowdown than you did, but it's cool I like reading fanfic sometimes.

(less snarky response: Disney doesn't operate that way, and without getting into a huge thing, it doesn't even make sense that Disney would want the GI Joe license only to turn it into a non-profitable husk. They ain't idiots, and Sam Jackson had a bazooka. The end.)

Way to support and endorse cannibalistic evil-doers.

Gah... Disney would be right to stay clear from the tastes and appeals from the likes of your type of folk.
Apparently, the feeling was mutual with Tolkein...
"Tolkien was in principle open to the idea of a movie adaptation. He sold the film, stage and merchandise rights of The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings to United Artists in 1968, while, guided by scepticism towards future productions, he forbade that Disney should ever be involved:
It might be advisable […] to let the Americans do what seems good to them – as long as it was possible […] to veto anything from or influenced by the Disney studios (for all whose works I have a heartfelt loathing)."
Nah, he's cool. Also bet Gollum'd probably have a less fantasy-based response for the slowdown than you did, but it's cool I like reading fanfic sometimes.
What!?!? You don't subscribe to my Uber realistic and highly plausable conspiracy theory? The writing is on the wall dude, well, one wall (that I did write) but you should believe it is true. Or monkeys will eat your brains!

Back