Major Bludd

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To be fair, the Star wars line has been rather sparse lately as well compared to earlier years. I really do think the DC line is sucking up their 1:6 resources for the moment. I think once they get those initial 6 figures up and pre-ordered, we'll start to see some more balance brought back to their other 2 1:6 lines. So I'm thinking the drought is only temporary. I know the Sideshow guys LOVE the Joe line, but they've been trying for YEARS to get the DC line so now that they finally have, they've been giving it a bit too much attention for non-DC collector's taste.

It is a rather dumb move to slow down during a movie year (but then again, I guess they thought last year was the movie year when making their plans) as a movie always builds hype for related products. :dunno

Yeah, the Joe line will be back. As BM said they're way too into that line not to keep it going. The DC line is gonna get some love because of the effort being put into getting it and getting them out. They worked hardcore to get the figures at comic-con ready for that event. So patience is the key.

Side note: Sideshow has said they will complete The Fellowship in the statue line. We're just one statue away at this point but I don't recall anything about the figure line. I've slept a little so I am probably wrong. I do believe The Dead will be back even if its just one every once in a while.

To be fair, the Star wars line has been rather sparse lately as well compared to earlier years. I really do think the DC line is sucking up their 1:6 resources for the moment. I think once they get those initial 6 figures up and pre-ordered, we'll start to see some more balance brought back to their other 2 1:6 lines. So I'm thinking the drought is only temporary. I know the Sideshow guys LOVE the Joe line, but they've been trying for YEARS to get the DC line so now that they finally have, they've been giving it a bit too much attention for non-DC collector's taste.

It is a rather dumb move to slow down during a movie year (but then again, I guess they thought last year was the movie year when making their plans) as a movie always builds hype for related products. :dunno

That is a fair and balanced response, makes sense and I hope you are right! :goodpost:

Yeah, the Joe line will be back. As BM said they're way too into that line not to keep it going. The DC line is gonna get some love because of the effort being put into getting it and getting them out. They worked hardcore to get the figures at comic-con ready for that event. So patience is the key.

Side note: Sideshow has said they will complete The Fellowship in the statue line. We're just one statue away at this point but I don't recall anything about the figure line. I've slept a little so I am probably wrong. I do believe The Dead will be back even if its just one every once in a while.

I too know the Dead will be back.

And lets not forget that big 1:6 mech figure they had at SDCC (from a video game I think?). You know that had to take up some resources. And I have it on good authority it might get some use outside of that license too :monkey3

But GI Joe is waaaay better and cooler than DC :dunno

If they love Joe so much,then lets get a move on

Sideshow probably figures now that Hot Toys is doing some Joes,they don't need to do anything for a while

You got to remember figures are planned over a year in advance. HT announcing ONE figure isn't effecting Sideshow's plans at all because they made them a year before HT said they were doing Snake Eyes. So stop blaming HT because they aren't the problem. And we all know HT is only good for a handful of figures from any license, the Avengers being the one and only exception.

Once the new GI Joe flick hits theaters and takes a big dump at the box office, HT will lose interest.

You got to remember figures are planned over a year in advance. HT announcing ONE figure isn't effecting Sideshow's plans at all because they made them a year before HT said they were doing Snake Eyes. So stop blaming HT because they aren't the problem. And we all know HT is only good for a handful of figures from any license, the Avengers being the one and only exception.

Since you and Josh are playing the resident Sideshow insiders card, instead of fueling speculation, why don't you get us some hard info:stick...Otherwise, shut it :pfft:

Since you and Josh are playing the resident Sideshow insiders card, instead of fueling speculation, why don't you get us some hard info:stick...Otherwise, shut it :pfft:

Unfortunately I don't have any new hard info on the Joes other than they don't have any plans on ending the line. When I visited Sideshow they had just finished Zartan and they couldn't have been more excited. The love and excitement for the license is there! They won't be jumping ship anytime soon, but like I said earlier, I think they've took a step back from them in order to get the DC line off the ground. Once that is up and running, they'll be able to refocus on the Joes. They were excited about Baroness and Bludd at SDCC.

Look at it this way, the muscle bodies they've created for the Superheroes can be reused for the Joe line, Destro for example if they go with his classic bare chest look. Or Gung Ho even. Work on DC figures isn't ALL bad for the Joe line :wink1:

Its the most awesome "office" in the world. I know we tend to bash them from time to time here, but once you tour the place and meet all the people behind the scenes you realize just how much they really do care about what they are doing. And they do watch the boards and listen to what we are saying. They are far from the faceless corporation of larger companies like Hasbro or Mattel.

I swear there's a reality TV show somewhere in there :lol

I too know the Dead will be back.

And lets not forget that big 1:6 mech figure they had at SDCC (from a video game I think?). You know that had to take up some resources. And I have it on good authority it might get some use outside of that license too :monkey3

I don't remember that? Got a pic of it?

sdcc-2012-starcraft-ii-tychus-findlay-2.jpg

Its the most awesome "office" in the world. I know we tend to bash them from time to time here, but once you tour the place and meet all the people behind the scenes you realize just how much they really do care about what they are doing. And they do watch the boards and listen to what we are saying. They are far from the faceless corporation of larger companies like Hasbro or Mattel.

I swear there's a reality TV show somewhere in there :lol

I bet. Someday it will happen. I agree. That's the thing about sdcc is that you meet them and get to know them. They're amazing people. I got to go to a Hasbro party once. They're a different lot for sure.

Could the slow down have something to do with Bludd and Baroness being more complex than previous releases? All of the other figures, aside form Zartan, were just basic cut and sew type stuff. With Bludd you have armor and that robotic arm, and with Baroness you also have armor and a brand new body. I could see where that could cause some r&d and production SNAFUs.

Back