Statue Magneto - Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This cape isn't removable is it? So there's no way of weighing it?

I really think the sculpted cape could be done. You've got the option of weight reducing fillers like micro-balloons to mix into your lightest resins.

I like this guy a lot more now people have him than I did before, it's turned out really well.

The cape is attached to the purple neck/shoulder piece. And then that whole component (shoulder piece + cape) is removable together.

He looks awesome in Maximus_73's pictures. They are the only pics I've seen so far where the cape actually looks good. Plus, IMO, it's essential to remove that stupid looking huge spike.

He looks awesome in Maximus_73's pictures. They are the only pics I've seen so far where the cape actually looks good. Plus, IMO, it's essential to remove that stupid looking huge spike.
Thanks, yeah the spike is too distracting so I decided to remove.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

I just got around to opening my EX today. It is an amazing statue and probably my favorite 1/4th (and I have alot), although I also removed the stupid spikes so that he could fit inside a detolf.

I have to contact Sideshow for a replacement helmeted sculpt because mine has black dots all over one side (it looks like overspray).

Last edited:
I just got around to opening my EX today. It is an amazing statue and probably my favorite 1/4th (and I have alot), although I also removed the stupid spikes so that he could fit inside a detolf.

I have to contact Sideshow for a replacement helmeted sculpt because mine has black dots all over one side (it looks like overspray).

Try using the pink eraser to remove the over spray. If your scared to mess it up, ask SSC customer service first. Have them agree to a replacement if the pink eraser doesn't work. It could save you a lot of shipping time if you go this route.

I had mine delivered yesterday and set it up this morning before heading to work, that was a huge mistake because I wanted to stare at it more and take pics but I had ran out of time (it took a while to set up). I really like this mags, I always like mags as fit but not overly muscular and this hits that perfectly. The EX head was a welcome surprise for me that I pretty much wrote off. I have him posed next to my sentinel and I will take pics when I get home. I feel sideshow did a good step in the right direction with their diagram how to set it up but as usual I feel SS always half steps as its not very helpful overall. The cape was packed well and is surprisingly easy to manipulate and looks great.. Lastly the base in hand looks really good, it really looks like the head is being crushed, warped, and pulled. From when this was first revealed to now has been a huge difference and I am so happy with it.

Wow, this piece is awesome in hand. I'm a person on the fence about this piece, but now I have it, man... I would be an idiot if not picking this up.

45523988985_31d0eca1da_c.jpg

45713481064_3b730ae293_c.jpg

45713483424_f6fd455f49_c.jpg

45523984975_bc32aa7e79_c.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

I think it looks so good in these pics partly because he got the cape to be real close to mags body And in front of the spikes. The rest of the pics i’ve seen have the cape fanned out behind the spikes. I like it this way better.

I think it looks so good in these pics partly because he got the cape to be real close to mags body And in front of the spikes. The rest of the pics i’ve seen have the cape fanned out behind the spikes. I like it this way better.

Agreed, it gives the better impression of floating, in pictures anyway

I had him in the detolf with the spikes. He couldn’t be posed front-facing. I removed the spikes and he is better posed now.
Same here. I have been buying Sideshow Marvel 1/4th since the original Captain America PF and I really think this Magneto is my favorite. He is just an amazing piece.

Every time I walk by it I have to stare at it for a good minute just admiring the detail and size of this statue. I don't know how I did it but I messed with the cape for a few minutes after I set it up and I somehow got the perfect pose. If the cloth capes are this well done going forward I think Sideshow converted me.

Every time I walk by it I have to stare at it for a good minute just admiring the detail and size of this statue. I don't know how I did it but I messed with the cape for a few minutes after I set it up and I somehow got the perfect pose. If the cloth capes are this well done going forward I think Sideshow converted me.

Got some pictures?

Finally posting these, not as good as some of the pics on here (dam professional cameras lol) but this is how I have mine set up.

56782603509__94B89112-C3C2-4C1E-9925-86B5CF333D9F.jpg
IMG_4842.jpg
IMG_4844 2.jpg

Back