Statue Magneto - Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Magneto - Premium Format tease (?)

Looking at a lot of different angled pics, the front view of this looks a lot better imo. If the EX portrait is awesome, this piece could be saved. Hoping that's the case.

I think a majority of everyone has statue values cloud their judgment for what they like more. Or sometimes they don't even realize it. Or but besides no one wants to put out the word that a statue they own that goes for $3,000 or whatever it is isn't anything short of breathtakingly incredible. I've been guilty of it too. But if say for example the XM Magneto had an edition size of 4000 and this one from Sideshow had 1000 a lot more people would say they liked it better. But . . . Or I mean just as the art that they are. To someone that likes comics but knows nothing about the statue game if they were put side by side and asked 100 people which one they liked better I bet it'd be around 50/50 or 60/40 for one side or the other. Because value wouldn't be blinding them. Just what I think 😁

I don't know. I have the XM Mags and just think it a phenomenal sculpt. It's basically a dio in so much as it tells a story. Because Magneto is my all time favorite villain, I wanted the PF to ROCK. I would've had no problem owning 2 stunning Magneto statues but sideshow dropped the ball on this PF. For me, it has nothing to do with aftermarket value. If you put the XM Mags next to the PF and said which one do you want....I'd take the XM Mags 10 timed out of 10. IMO, the XM Mags crushes this PF. In my book, it's not even close.

I don't know. I have the XM Mags and just think it a phenomenal sculpt. It's basically a dio in so much as it tells a story. Because Magneto is my all time favorite villain, I wanted the PF to ROCK. I would've had no problem owning 2 stunning Magneto statues but sideshow dropped the ball on this PF. For me, it has nothing to do with aftermarket value. If you put the XM Mags next to the PF and said which one do you want....I'd take the XM Mags 10 timed out of 10. IMO, the XM Mags crushes this PF. In my book, it's not even close.

What would you say they could have done better design wise? And pose?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What would you say they could have done better design wise? And pose?

Mags is all wrong. He looks like a scrawny old dude with man boobs and some made up costume that looks terrible (the collar and belt in particular look really bad). The XM Mags took liberties with the costume but held true to the character's roots. I don't mind the base on this PF but Magneto himself looks off by a mile. Beef him up, change up the ridiculous collar and get rid of the lame belt and stick closer to the classic rendition of the character. That would be a good start in my book. As for pose, the Koto and Bel Mags look great. I would have liked to have seen something along those lines (something a little more head on).

Last edited:

I'm tired of seeing magneto calm and relaxed. They should've made an aggravated

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Uncontrollable pose with him using all of his power.

I'm tired of seeing magneto calm and relaxed. They should've made an aggravated

He looks pretty pissed off to me

He looks controlled and calculated in the ss pose

Mags is all wrong. He looks like a scrawny old dude with man boobs and some made up costume that looks terrible (the collar and belt in particular look really bad). The XM Mags took liberties with the costume but held true to the character's roots. I don't mind the base on this PF but Magneto himself looks off by a mile. Beef him up, change up the ridiculous collar and get rid of the lame belt and stick closer to the classic rendition of the character. That would be a good start in my book. As for pose, the Koto and Bel Mags look great. I would have liked to have seen something along those lines (something a little more head on).

Good points. Agree on most parts tnx

The XM Magneto is scrawny as hell so I don't know where the anatomy analysis comes from

Some artists have drawn Magneto more bulkier in the past ie

Jim Lee XMEN vol 1 the infamous pose of Magneto is not Magneto but his clone FYI

Today in comics Magneto is not a depicted as a Hulk

20140307_Magneto_Marvel_NOW.jpg

The base is amazing

Could've had a cyclone of wires coming out of the Sentinel head to make it look even more whimsical or destructive

I love how each piece represents the injury each mutant uniquely inflicts on the remains of the Sentinel

Wolverine sliced off a Sentinel finger

Magneto crushes the Sentinels head

They could make a more intimidating diorama than XM if they are precise and consistent with this line

IE

Iceman freezing and breaking the Sentinel's balls

SS will be lauded if it listens to collectors by changing the sculpt and costume to a classic one. It is a perfect business move and a win-win move for all.

The levitation works really well. Maybe that's why his light weight

The base is amazing

Could've had a cyclone of wires coming out of the Sentinel head to make it look even more whimsical or destructive

I love how each piece represents the injury each mutant uniquely inflicts on the remains of the Sentinel

Wolverine sliced off a Sentinel finger

Magneto crushes the Sentinels head

They could make a more intimidating diorama than XM if they are precise and consistent with this line

IE

Iceman freezing and breaking the Sentinel's balls

So much crap revealed these past 2 days but yeah a potential xmen dio just went up on my list. These 2 would look pretty great together.

Got a chance to see Mags today in person and he's a no go for me. The dislikes i have with him greatly outweigh the likes.

What were the dislikes? From the pics the upper body looks to skinny to me. Not that he is a body builder, but he seems pretty thin to me.

What were the dislikes? From the pics the upper body looks to skinny to me. Not that he is a body builder, but he seems pretty thin to me.

Didn't care for the cape, the gap in the chest/shoulder piece, and the thinness of the body. The sentinel was ok, but there was something off about it as well. Overall the statue just didn't flow together.

I agree 100%. :lecture

I'd love to see this line expand into 4-5 more pieces - making one **** of a scene/dio.

Back