MAFEX (Medicom) 6inch Batman TDKR

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As of the moment, Mafex did a very good job with this 6" Dark Knight figure
tho its a bit skinny compared to the Hot Toys 6" proto its all good.

mafex1.jpg
---
mafex2.jpg

mafex3.jpg

mafex4.jpg
---
mafex5.jpg

The cowl is similar to the Hot Toys version huge improvement
The EMP gun, has details much like the Hot Toys version
finally
I'm not a fan of capes with wire but its intended for posing him riding the batpod

Catwoman is listed in hand by a few ebay sellers. Haven't found a review on her yet tho.

What are the differences between version 1.0 and version 2.0 of the Medicom/Mafex TDKR 6 inch figures? I can't find anywhere in the UK selling these for reasonable prices other than Forbidden Planet and Order Sixty Six.

I can get the version 1.0 now for £37.99 or wait until September and get version 2.0 for around £44.99

https://www.ordersixtysixtoys.co.uk...night-Rises-Batman-Miracle-Action-Figure.html

https://www.ordersixtysixtoys.co.uk...Batman-Miracle-Action-Figure-(Version-2).html

TL;DR

Is the version 2.0 Batman worth an extra £8 and three months wait?

the difference between the two batman's are minor.
ver 1 and ver 2 batman has:
-same body (ver 2 has improved arms)
-same accessories (hands, emp gun, grapple gun)
only difference ver 2 has are:
-new cowl sculpt
-new "angry" face cowl
-new bruce wayne head

other than those new heads the ver 1 and ver 2 are very much the same, only as stated the arms on ver 1 tends to pop off easy so the ver 2 fixed that problem.
so if you really want the wayne head then go for the ver 2.0 but if you don't mind the pop off arms from ver 1 then go for that one.

They should have at least teased it with BvS...hell they're even AoU figures...

I have mixed feelings about the Mafex Dark Knight line. My 2.0 Batman, Batpod and Catwoman all had production faults. Only my Joker figure was satisfactory.

My woes included:

Catwoman (just received the second and this has also failed) - Left arm ball socket sheared on my first figure. The second figure had a frozen wrist and this also failed.

Batpod - minor build issues, i.e. struts not being fixed in place

Batman - The first figure I received had a badly moulded and painted "standard" head plus his carbon fibre was only partially painted in certain areas, most noticeably the left shoulder blade.

My replacement Batpod and Batman are a great improvement (although Bat still struggles with his exploding joints).

(Apologies for low res pics.)

IMG_0992.jpg

IMG_0997.jpg

IMG_0996.jpg

Last edited:
I've been wanting to get Batman but everyone who has it seems to have problems.

I'd avoid an online purchase, if possible. Some of the cosmetic issues will be visible in the store. My replacement Batman looks great but these figures are far, far too delicate. Just positioning them for display is enough to pop joints (or cause even worse damage). These make the older Neca Aliens figures look robust.

I'd avoid an online purchase, if possible. Some of the cosmetic issues will be visible in the store. My replacement Batman looks great but these figures are far, far too delicate. Just positioning them for display is enough to pop joints (or cause even worse damage). These make the older Neca Aliens figures look robust.

I actually saw two in person at Wizard World Chicago last weekend and neither looked as good as I was hoping, so I passed it up.

I had a MAFEX figure returned to my shop this weekend it was not Batman but the Joker who was missing the ball joint in his left shoulder.

Bank robber joker looks good!

I got my batman 2.0 today and I'm well impressed. It gets a lot of negative comments but I think it's fantastic. Some of the poses you can get it into with the wired cape and angry mouth are great.

Got Batman... didn't know the neck peg was glued shut into the neck socket and it snapped.

Great way to start the day. **** the MAFEX line.

Think I can get a refund from Amazon or a replacement?

Back