Action Figure MAFEX Comic Book Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dear god!!!!

A perfect 90's comic Cyclops...:thud:

1JLUg3T.jpg

Well, its official. MAFEX is my new 1/12 scale line. Marvel legends must now step it up. That Jim Lee Cyclops could be release of the year. Thank you, MAFEX.

Every time Hasbro comes out with a semi decent figure, someone else one ups them:gah::lol

I gave up on Hasbro, Mattel, and even DC Collectibles. The good thing about Hasbro is that they cost less and there's almost a guarantee that you can have a full lineup of heroes and villains, even complete teams. With Mafex, not so much.

The Hasbro Cyclops looked pretty good, but I felt it looked too skinny, just like every other Cyclops figure out there, same with the Mezco one, plus they gave the suit some black lines. Ironically, the 93 Toy Biz Cyclops looked the closest to the 90's comic, until now.

v6zzLaL.jpg

Wow, that's..... perfect.
I hope they include a head with a raging blast expression.
Damn, I'm going to have a hard time affording these.

We need Jean Grey, Rogue, Beast, Gambit, Archangel....and more than anything, a good Jim Lee Iceman, then I'll be happy. The last ML Iceman is a terrible figure.

Amazing. May have to pick up this, Venom and Wolverine to start.

Did Cyclops ever use any of those little pockets all over his uniform? Psylocke has no super physical strength or invulnerability but is running around in a bathing suit. Rogue has both super strength and is invulnerable but wears a coat? And Gambit just looks dumb in a trench coat but with superhero clothes underneath. Jim Lee is a great artist but his costume designs never made much sense to me. Just look at the Justice League, almost every New 52 design change he made to their looks is being ditched because they just don't work. And IMHO the best looking X-Men team was the Byrne Era X-Men during the Dark Phoenix Saga and Days of Future Past.
Everything else since then has been a retread of that.

I stopped collecting anything in this scale in 2016 I think...? But I was really curious about Spidey, being a big fan and loving their rendition. Promptly forgot I pre-ordered and just got billing notification from AmiAmi -- should have it in-hand soon-ish. I imagine reviews should start popping up soon.

Did Cyclops ever use any of those little pockets all over his uniform? Psylocke has no super physical strength or invulnerability but is running around in a bathing suit. Rogue has both super strength and is invulnerable but wears a coat? And Gambit just looks dumb in a trench coat but with superhero clothes underneath. Jim Lee is a great artist but his costume designs never made much sense to me. Just look at the Justice League, almost every New 52 design change he made to their looks is being ditched because they just don't work. And IMHO the best looking X-Men team was the Byrne Era X-Men during the Dark Phoenix Saga and Days of Future Past.
Everything else since then has been a retread of that.

Taste is subjective. I like the 90’s team design overall.

Back