Action Figure MAFEX Big Chap (Alien)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Having not heard of MAFEX before, can someone enlighten me as to why a figure that’s smaller than a NECA figure is $100+?

Having not heard of MAFEX before, can someone enlighten me as to why a figure that’s smaller than a NECA figure is $100+?

Errm, well prices are generally ridiculous these days. Look at Hot Toys, their cost have increased almost 300 percent over the past decade. This is a Japanese release, which tend to be pricey compared to western manufactured toys. The sculpt is possibly the most accurate of any articulated figure so far, and it comes with two heads numerous hands and a face hugger and chest buster. It's still ridiculously expensive, therefore I shall be selling my grandmother so I can buy at least two.

why a figure that’s smaller than a NECA figure
>>>
Product Features
8 inches (20.32cm)
looks like Kotobukiya alien, i just measured it and it's about 20 cm.
and Kotobukiya is in perfect scale with Neca minus disproportionally long Neca legs (which Neca gives to every product they make).

FzKWkh3.jpg

c3prtIb.jpg

48rkGJn.jpg

FM2qCql.jpg

Wow it is pricey.
On Hobbylink its £57 + shipping but after postage and VAT fees it comes to £90ish with cheapest postage.
I got order but may cancel depending on funds at the time. They saying June release.
its bigger then the artFX and NECA ones but more expensive.

Wow it is pricey.
On Hobbylink its £57 + shipping but after postage and VAT fees it comes to £90ish with cheapest postage.
I got order but may cancel depending on funds at the time. They saying June release.

The cheapest shipping is £33? I'm in the US so maybe we've got a different deal but even one figure fast shipping shouldn't be much more than $15. Slow shipping is like $12.

The cheapest shipping is £33? I'm in the US so maybe we've got a different deal but even one figure fast shipping shouldn't be much more than $15. Slow shipping is like $12.
I based it off in stock mafex batman. Cheapest is £9 for recorded sal or £16 for EMS. Shipping to US will be different.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Wow it is pricey.

Actually, I think it's slightly smaller...

Actually, I can't really find fault with the ArtFX statue, whereas the Mafex figure will always have the shortcomings of an articulated figure.
Hopefully they'll revise the joints at the hips, that's the one area that looks bad.

Have there been any updates? I thought this was supposed to be released soon.

Not new by any means, but just strange they haven't shown it off at any shows since its due for a release

Has this just been released? He's showing up on Amazon's UK site as in stock at a Japanese store affiliate.

Back