MADDEN NFL 09

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Until they fix that online glitch I dont think we will ever get to finish a close game which sucks because we have had some great games that we didnt get to finish because it freezes up when we go to kick an extra point or a field goal.

There is a second patch coming to fix that. The workaround is to make sure both people are using the same camera views as that is what causes the lock up .

Also, Target is selling the PS3 Collectors Edition on clearance for as low as $45! I picked up one today so I could return it at Walmart and get $50 back. I did see it on clearance at a different Target for $63 though. That is crazy considering you get two games cheaper than the regular version!

I am already bored with Madden :lol

I don't even know if I will get through one season before I trade it in. it was an easy 1000G in achievement points though. That was really worth the $60 :rolleyes:

LOL! Well, at leas they don't have the huge challenge of playing through 50 seasons like some did in the past!! ^^^^ that! I would have to play all the seasons too, as I would want my record to be as good as possible too cause of my OCD.

Here are the details for the second patch that is coming:

1. Kicking play disconnect: If two opponents play a game with two different camera angles, in any situation where a game winning or tying kick was to be made, a disconnect could occur. “ActionCam” forces the game to go into slow-motion to add drama to these late kicks, but unfortunately the Classic camera does not, thus forcing the “disconnect”. This has been fixed…and FYI all cameras will still be able to be used after the patch.
Workaround until the patch: If possible, ensure that you and your opponent have the same camera type chosen before starting an online game.

2. Stability issues in the play call / halftime highlights / postgame highlights screens (especially in Franchise mode after training games): This was a hard one to track down as not everyone was seeing it , we did find the issue however with some Instant Replay / cache corruption, and have a fix ready for patch 2.
Workaround until the patch: Save and re-boot after any point where you have entered the game. We learned that the likelihood of this issue appearing is magnified after multiple loads into and out of the game engine. From what we’ve seen so far, people that have tried playing only one game at a time (or even one Franchise training session at a time), and saving/rebooting afterwards, have had zero crashes.
3. Stability issues with Madden IQ end of game popup: This has been fixed.
Workaround until the patch: Always choose “No” at the Madden IQ end of game popup.
4. “WR direct snap” exploit: Cheesers found an exploit to direct snap to a WR for easy short yardage gain. Not only are we fixing this play (i.e. we aren’t removing it), we are also going to be re-setting records for anyone with a winning record that has been found to be using this play.
5. Franchise Progression / Regression (or lack thereof): The lack of higher numbers was a tuning value that I think everyone agreed was just too low. This has been juiced up so you should see more realistic progression now.
6. Edited players don’t progress: Players were not progressing after their jersey number (or pretty much any other attribute) was edited. This has been fixed.
7. Stability issue when exiting Madden ’93 in CE version: This has been fixed.
8. Deep ball glitch: Some enterprising gamers found a way to throw a deep ball while crossing the LOS and hit a receiver wide open at a decent rate. We addressed this by making sure the DB will no longer break on the ball when the QB crosses the line while throwing.
9. CPU running out of bounds: This bug appears when the CPU tries to switch hands while running to the sidelines. This is fixed for patch 2.
10. Penalty sliders ineffective: A common complaint from the hardcore community was the lack of effect from the penalty sliders. We increased these substantially for patch 2.
11. Field degradation: Another common complaint was the lack of field degradation. Our effect was very subtle, which was also getting overshadowed by our lighting and post effects, so we increased this effect for the patch.
12. Stability issue with the Eagles and a full ring meter: We found and fixed a rare issue where the gamer could run into stability issues while using the Eagles in mini-games with a ring meter that was completely full.
13. Play call screen hitch: We found and fixed a bug that was causing a noticeable hitch when exiting the play call screen
14. Prevent Defense issue: We found and fixed an issue where defenders sharing a deep zone/prevent assignment would loosen their coverage (because they thought the other guy was covering for them), which allowed the receiver to get behind them even though they were in Prevent.
15. Brett Favre stats: With the late addition of Brett Favre, we were not able to get his Career and Season statistics into the game for the roster update. This has now been added for patch 2.
16. Defensive Preplay Mis-cue: We found and fixed an issue where defenders would leave their man wide open in a Cover 3.
17. CPU quick-snap: A very common complaint on the forums was the speed at which the CPU snapped the ball. We added a random length of time (no less than 5 seconds) for the CPU to wait and even make pre-play adjustments.
18. Online playbook switch: We fixed a small annoying little issue where playbooks were re-setting to the defaults after the playbook select popup was closed.

My game disc has a small crack starting to form in the center ring and my disc only works half the time. I sent an email to EA hoping they have some sort of disc replacement plan because I dont plan on paying $60 for a game I just bought last month.

:lol this game was suppose to be the best... and everyone is already trading it in. Glad I didn't buy it.

:lol this game was suppose to be the best... and everyone is already trading it in. Glad I didn't buy it.

I like it and usually play it at least twice a week and dont plan on trading it in until next year towards the next NCAA but I like to do the franchise mode and import the draft class from NCAA

Loved the game, hated the glitches. ^^^^ing thing kept freezing on me and no one could finish a game online.

I knew this was a month purchase and it was great for that time.

It's a great game, but color me tired of football games since I have been buying them since madden first came out. Hell, even before it was "Madden" I was buying football games on gaming systems.

Back