1/6 Luke Skywalker: Red Five X-Wing Pilot Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did yours have the com patch on the lower left arm? Mine didn’t.

Yeah, mine was complete other than the waist belt - had the three little shoulder cylinders as well as com patch - and everything else was as good as my Sideshow boxed one.

All the webbing on these Sideshow figures is a bit too narrow anyway, so I may replace the leg straps and build a new waist belt.

But mine did have the slight skew on the face paint, where all the dark painted parts (eyebrows, moles, etc) were maybe a mm too far to one side. Dosn't sound like much, but it is noticeable without the helmet on. But as I said, it's not really visible with helmet on and the head's kind of hideous without the visor/helmet over it anyway.

Yeah, mine was complete other than the waist belt - had the three little shoulder cylinders as well as com patch - and everything else was as good as my Sideshow boxed one.

All the webbing on these Sideshow figures is a bit too narrow anyway, so I may replace the leg straps and build a new waist belt.

But mine did have the slight skew on the face paint, where all the dark painted parts (eyebrows, moles, etc) were maybe a mm too far to one side. Dosn't sound like much, but it is noticeable without the helmet on. But as I said, it's not really visible with helmet on and the head's kind of hideous without the visor/helmet over it anyway.

I just wrote the seller regarding the missing com patch. He told me he was gonna send it to me tomorrow. That’s good service!
Other than that mine has all the cylinders and stuff. Since I’m displaying the Snowspeeder Luke with his helmet on I’m gonna display this one without, so the foggy visor doesn’t really bother me.
Seems like all these were discarded in the quality control process for different reasons.

I just wrote the seller regarding the missing com patch. He told me he was gonna send it to me tomorrow. That’s good service!
Other than that mine has all the cylinders and stuff. Since I’m displaying the Snowspeeder Luke with his helmet on I’m gonna display this one without, so the foggy visor doesn’t really bother me.
Seems like all these were discarded in the quality control process for different reasons.

That’s cool. Mine does have the Comm patch. I didn’t look at the face too paint app too closely, I’m using a different head in the long run anyway. All in, I think this was a great and lucky find!

I got mine today. It included the belt, unfortunately for me I had already ordered a belt somewhere else expecting it to be missing. But at least I will have a few spares of the small rods that keep falling out constantly. :lol

There is nothing wrong with mine that I can see. The head sculpt is fine. Doesn't look very good to me, but technically fine with good paint and no scratches. No molding errors, clear visor. The only thing is the small magnet for the strap isn't actually attached to the strap but it's there on the inside of the helmet, so I will be able to glue it back. I guess that was almost expected.

Surprisingly positive about the look of it in hand. It might get another even, to have a generic pilot next to Luke.

My second order for X-wing pilot Luke arrived. The figure came with the belt rig and a clear visor. The body on this one is kinda losey goosey unlike the first one i ordered.

Legs in mine are pretty loose as well. Have some blutag under his boots to prevent him from going into a split...
b26aaeaddb9281a8bc4f821df00a7ca4.jpg

I love this figure. Give him a gun, holster and he takes on a whole new life. Post Death Star hot shot pilot hero of the rebellion luke.
c02204ae382e0a5010728ab929cd6901.jpg

b7571bc94701e149fbea718299177578.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Funny how adding a gun and holster can add so much to the look of the figure.

Luckily I have snowspeeder pilot Luke for that look...:wink1:

Lllleeet’s get ready to rrruuuummmblllle!!!

1554c721e961d5536954da033919efd0.jpg

I love Hot Toys. So it’s ironic that 2 of my favourite Star Wars release are SSC. ;)

Thinking of switching the TIE pilot to a Bruce Banner body I have lying around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm trying the SSC Luke Snowspeeder helmetless head combined with the HT Luke farmboy hair as a helmet-less head for this X-Wing fig. It's a tad old for ANH (and as always, the more simplistic SSC paint and sculpt detail isn't on-par with HT, but it's still decent,) but the hair seems to match the head fairly well.

This SSC face is slightly larger than the HT farmboy fig, which somewhat diminishes the oversized "hair helmet" or mushroom aspects the original HT fig has.

I just really don't like the stock head for this figure - it's terrific under the helmet but it really doesn't look good as a helmet-less display, and there really aren't any "bullseye" Luke sculpts, especially ANH Luke.

47185731122_12d86b37ca_o.png

Yeah, I'm just trying to see how the hair shape/"look" works overall with the face. I am still dremeling down the head to tilt the hairpiece back, which will shrink the visible size of the hair.

It's currently in a somewhat similar position the way it sits on the HT farmboy head. I think this HT hairpiece was actually designed to sit tilted back even on the HT farmboy head, but something didn't quite end up right and made it tilt forward and sit higher and gives it that conehead/helmet-hair look the HT figure has.

I've repositioned the hair now and will just probably lower it another few mm's then I'll be done. I think this is the position the hair was supposed to be on the original HT farmboy head - more tilted back, not tilted forward where the hair looks so tall and conehead-ish.

I'll get this on the x-wing outfit body and take a few pics (and yes, that's dremel dust on the head/hair in these pics.)

46518271704_8ecd50345c_o.png

Nice work. Wished i could mod things like you guys! Wished the eyes were larger in this sculpt. It looks like he is in a dead stare too.

Nice work. Wished i could mod things like you guys! Wished the eyes were larger in this sculpt. It looks like he is in a dead stare too.

Thanks, yeah the expression's a bit blank, as with pretty much all the Sideshow hero heads (and to be fair, a few HT heads too.) I'm hoping that with Luke posed standing proudly with the x-wing helmet under his arm and kind of looking off (iconic-like as if a flag blowing behind him) this more blank-face expression might work as a kind of a distant misty-eyed stare.:lol

I am DETERMINED to get use out of all these Sideshow Luke/Han sculpts I have sitting around.:rotfl I recently managed to use the SSC Hoth Luke sculpt with the HT Jedi hair and it works okay with hood up.

The eyes thing is interesting. People mentioned the same problem with the HT farmboy sculpt - the eyes being too small for Luke. There does seem to be some room where I can overpaint the whites a bit on this sculpt to increase the eye size slightly, but also the irises could be a bit bigger also.

On the other hand, I guess I'd rather have the slightly undersized eyes than too-large eyes, like on the old Sideshow Luke Jedi (from 2007) that has the prostate-check eyes, the glassy-eyes SSC Luke Hoth, or the jnix Luke which had a good Luke likeness overall but something went wrong with the eyes in some way:

32301270437_c1d1f43c37_b.jpg

It's really amazing that so many years have passed and there has yet to be a "definitive" Luke farmboy sculpt - they all have somewhat prominent issues in one way or another.:gah:

Thought this might be worth a repost ... my slightly modified Jnix Luke. Always really liked this one (though still not perfect).

1136cd9097328d093d3431f406cf80f0.jpg

Yeah, with the right lighting the jnix can look really good - it has a great Luke likeness. He got the head/face shape, hair shape and jawline just about perfect.

I'm not sure Jnix's paint on the Luke was quite as good as the first run of his legendary Han sculpts but it's still a nicely done head. Silentsurfer was able to fix the eyes the most I've seen and that paint-up really stands out as pretty damn great.

Yeah, with the right lighting the jnix can look really good - it has a great Luke likeness. He got the head/face shape, hair shape and jawline just about perfect.

I'm not sure Jnix's paint on the Luke was quite as good as the first run of his legendary Han sculpts but it's still a nicely done head. Silentsurfer was able to fix the eyes the most I've seen and that paint-up really stands out as pretty damn great.

Totally agree. Also there’s a weird thing with the mouth that kind of makes him look toothless. As soon as I added some teeth to the sculpt the likeness really clicked for me.

Digression: funnily enough I also have Jnix’s Indy, which somehow falls short despite being based on the Solo sculpt... and that has the toothless look too. I think it’s just characteristic of the way Jnix sculpts open mouths.

Totally agree. Also there’s a weird thing with the mouth that kind of makes him look toothless. As soon as I added some teeth to the sculpt the likeness really clicked for me.

Digression: funnily enough I also have Jnix’s Indy, which somehow falls short despite being based on the Solo sculpt... and that has the toothless look too. I think it’s just characteristic of the way Jnix sculpts open mouths.

can you post a better closeup pic of those teeth on Luke?? Sorry if you did it before. Many thanks!!! ;)

Back