1/6 Luke Skywalker: Red Five X-Wing Pilot Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It really depends on whether Sideshow's final production piece ends up being HT quality. They're still not there yet. IF the final piece is indistinguishable from a HT figure, then maybe the pricing will seem more justified. But their big stumble with Nathan Drake doesn't fill me with much hope.

[video]https://culturebubble.cal.msu.edu/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/albundy_shock.gif.pagespeed.ce_.KDPPWg3uCv.gif[/video]

Attachments

• albundy_shock.gif.pagespeed.ce_.KDPPWg3uCv.jpg
    albundy_shock.gif.pagespeed.ce_.KDPPWg3uCv.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 277
lol......exactly....that gif is hillarious

That was pretty much my reaction. :lol Of course, I started looking through the pics looking for something that would justify the cost and found nadda. :(

They are officially in Hot Toys territory...and I don't think that head sculpt justifies it either.

Figure looks good but only like Mark Hamil Luke from certain angles and he comes with almost nothing :huh

10 bucks more than HT Han!! :thud:

They are officially in Hot Toys territory...and I don't think that head sculpt justifies it either.

That's getting a little silly bringing quality into the equation with only a proto to look at. The sculpt however blows away Hot Toys Star Wars efforts, including their latest and even many of their non-SW licenses. Will it hold up to production? Who knows. But I think it's better to keep focused on pricing as a matter of content rather than the unknown quality of the final work (at this point).

Everyone noticed this figure also has a brand new body?

Based on other recent SS SW releases, this fits in at $170-180 tops. It sticks out like a sore thumb in regards to pricing at the moment.

Yeah, now that HT is pretty much giving us a full "Death Star" line-up, complete with Han, Chewie, varying ST's and assumedly Luke, Leia, and Vader around the corner I see no reason to be gouged with this SSC release.

Even if this turned out identical to the proto I don't see this being worth 240... nope.

That's getting a little silly bringing quality into the equation with only a proto to look at. The sculpt however blows away Hot Toys Star Wars efforts, including their latest and even many of their non-SW licenses. Will it hold up to production? Who knows. But I think it's better to keep focused on pricing as a matter of content rather than the unknown quality of the final work (at this point).

Everyone noticed this figure also has a brand new body?

Based on other recent SS SW releases, this fits in at $170-180 tops. It sticks out like a sore thumb in regards to pricing at the moment.

Well, that kind of explains it then. All the figures jumped in price about $30 when they introduced the Prometheus.

I’m glad the Hoth figures came out first! With the Pinhead PF at $450, and this 1/6 figure at $240, it is no wonder they revealed these during spooktacular. Scary indeed.

If this will be the new norm I think I have just been priced out of the hobby, or at least ordering new items. And I was really looking forward to adding a Princess Leia or two to my collection.

$240

$210, and keep in mind that this comes with two sculpts. Three if you get the exclusive.

WTF happened? :lol
Seeing how HT has started pushing out Star Wars figures again they thought they could slide right on in with them. :lol I honestly think this is what they're trying to do. Get caught up in the hype that HT is building right now with all their SW release by jacking up the prices and hoping people bite the bait.

Compared to Hoth this release should have >$200.

No saber, no blaster, and the EX is a hand holding gloves. No wonder the figure looks bored in the pics. Detail-wise it looks great though.

I commented on the SS Luke announcement post on Facebook and they deleted it. All I asked was how they could justify this pricing model and I asked for a rep to chime in. Bastards.

Back