1/6 Luke Skywalker: Red Five X-Wing Pilot Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not paying $240 for it but I will use points eventually for it.
I do want the Ex on this one though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh believe me, my use of the word "prototype" was very deliberate.

Fair enough. I think I am in just a state of shock. Everyone (myself included) was freaking out over HT armored Stormie at $199 each (basically), so the SSC human figure with very little accessories at $240 is MIND BLOWING. At $240, I will collect no human figure. This should be $150 tops...........

For an extra $10 you can still buy DARTH VADER, with a ton of accessories, light up base, 10 hands, two head sculpts, extra dome, mask, light up display for mask and dome! :rotfl

The Tunic on the prototype looked great, I actually was able to buy a Medicom tunic and it looks better.

Yeah, paint on the proto looked great too :lol But, at the time I was fine with the price... he came with a boatload of stuff and was "good enough".

Even if this figure is perfect, still not worth $240 and we all know it will be far from perfect. In the past I'd even think, well maybe if Sideshow is able to say that yes they've addressed paint issues and are beginning a new era of work... but I've heard that time and time again and it's never happened. Paint work's gotten better, but still isn't great and then you get total ****-ups like Drake. Hell, even the paintwork on their high-end statues is sub-par compared to the unlicensed companies selling $30 KO heads :lol

WTF happened? :lol

star_wars_darth_vader_motivational_posters_hd_wallpaper.jpg

Wow, I'm not usually fazed by pricing in this hobby, but I think now the end times are near. I don't get who can really afford to even get into collecting nowadays. That's a ludicrous price jump for a variant Luke figure and with so few accessories. Have to admit the aggregate of these prices between SSC and HT (not to mention anything one buys custom) is making me regret getting into the hobby. It's sort of tempting just to sell everything off (at a loss) and get out.

Wow! I was on the fence about buying this, thanks for helping make up my mind Sideshow. $240???? No thanks!! I can't really see myself affording this hobby too much longer....:(

On a side note, it looks like it was pretty much developed by Hot Toys if I had to guess. Did anyone notice the names of the sculptors etc?

I did notice that too. I think sideshow and Hot Toys are definitely working together when it comes to Star Wars. They might not be helping production with one another, but they are certainly discussing one another's master plan and pricing models. This figure is a $185-$189 figure. No way should it be more. Heck I even waited to use a $20 code to knock Hoth Luke down to $180 as I thought $200 was overpriced. This is just absurd. And I'm not even one of those guys you see on the boards who complain about prices AT ALL. I RARELY, RARELY mention price being an issue or complaining about the rising costs. I've realized in the years that the rise in quality has come at our own expense, but I was always a guy who'd rather pay a little more to get just that much more realism out of the figure on my shelf.

This though is unjustifiable. I'm actually quite pissed off today because I was really looking forward to pre-ordering him. It would've been a day one, hour one pre-order if the price was what I mentioned above. Maybe even if it was $199, I'd bite. This is just an insult to everyone here. No where in that figure, description, pictures, accessories, etc can you justify the added $40 increase in cost. No where.

I'm about 98% chance you'll be able to get this guy on clearance about a year from now, and after all the discounts he will cost what he should have cost to begin with.

I wonder if SSC seriously is factoring in the monthly $20 coupons, free shipping, extra rewards points, and other discounts into the initial prices of figures now, assuming folks aren't going to be paying full price?

Only way I'm getting him is with discounts. I'd if they're actually using that rationale to price these guys then is that what they really want? The figures to sit on their shelves for 2 years before they can get rid of them at the final discount price? Or should they just price them without taking into account those discount factors and pre-sell them out by the shipping date? Seems absurd they wouldn't choose the latter. I guess that means it'll take 2 years from now. What a joke. See you Luke in 2016 Spooktacular clearance shelf!

Lando had it right. "This deal is getting worse all the time!" :thud:

Better pray Sideshow doesn't alter it any further. :lol

:lol:lol:lol

Did licensing costs under Disney quadruple or something? Deluxe Vader's $250 verus barebones Luke at $240 indicates something is going on, other than SSC having lost their absolute minds over price!

They are officially in Hot Toys territory...and I don't think that head sculpt justifies it either.

Figure looks good but only like Mark Hamil Luke from certain angles and he comes with almost nothing :huh

Did licensing costs under Disney quadruple or something? Deluxe Vader's $250 verus barebones Luke at $240 indicates something is going on, other than SSC having lost their absolute minds over price!

I was wondering this also, but I am sure SSC had licensing before Disney bought Star Wars. I can not think of any other reason other than greed for this price point. Deluxe Vader as stated blows this away just with Vaders stand alone. Looks like 3po will be 229.00 price point. Way to go sideshow, now regretting starting collecting last year. I can afford the price, but I can not justify spending it.

If price was 199.00 would probably preordered today, but 189.00 definitely would have. NO excuse ssc for this price. Maybe they will bundle Luke with BR Joker 2.0 next year.

I was always going to get the Hoth figure over the Pilot, but the $240 mark is too high for this piece. Not sure why the extra $40 over Hoth Luke.
I mean it is a great piece and turned out extremely well, but I don't see anything that stands out over the Hoth whether it is sculpt wise, costume wise or accesories wise. And the fact that it is the same price as the Deluxe Darth Vader....that is nuts. The Vader has so many accessories, not to mention that he is such a huge figure with light up features.

They are officially in Hot Toys territory...and I don't think that head sculpt justifies it either.

Figure looks good but only like Mark Hamil Luke from certain angles and he comes with almost nothing :huh

Oh, they have a ways to go yet to get into HT territory, price, yes, in fact, they are ahead of HT right now, quality, definitely not.

Yeah, now that HT is pretty much giving us a full "Death Star" line-up, complete with Han, Chewie, varying ST's and assumedly Luke, Leia, and Vader around the corner I see no reason to be gouged with this SSC release.

Back