1/6 Luke Skywalker: Red Five X-Wing Pilot Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The suit is nice but stiff and bulky in the shoulders. Better after futzing but its still there.

The suit seems to fit better on the Pro 1.0 with its more sloping shoulders.

The body he comes on has a more pronounced gap between the collar bone and shoulder joint. The vest straps accentuate the gap, causing the suit to bulk up.

Fortunately, my figure doesn't suffer from these issues with the shoulders.

If you press your fingers into the top of his shoulders you can feel the indentations between the joints.

If you do the same to a Pro 1.0 it's solid in the same area.

The suit is a more natural fit for the Pro 1.0.

Luke X-Wing body:

23484846949_0d231ec30b_o.jpg

Pro 1.0 (in middle):

ed529bdc-91cf-4455-adbf-d28b9025e851_zpsfxlyz3t3.jpg

Do you think you'll switch it to the pro?

I haven't got another spare Pro 1.0.

However, you got me thinking. Maybe I'll use the X-Wing body for Luke Hoth because his outfit looks like it needs the squarer shoulders. And the X-Wing can have Hoth's Lando 1.0.

What would you do with the ankle pegs?

You just pull them out of the boots and swap them over. The piece that goes into the boot is identical.

And one more consideration: the X-Wing Luke body is slimmer in the torso than the 1.0, which should help with closing the Hoth vest more tightly.

You just pull them out of the boots and swap them over. The piece that goes into the boot is identical.

And one more consideration: the X-Wing Luke body is slimmer in the torso than the 1.0, which should help with closing the Hoth vest more tightly.

Ah, that's great to hear. This is still on my want list, but there are a few elements I'd likely tweak and while the jump suit looks stellar the fit seemed like it could improve just a bit. I've been cooling a little bit on the HT Luke, though I have that on order and coming next week, tough to pass on any of these iconic versions--they're all iconic is the problem. :gah

If you press your fingers into the top of his shoulders you can feel the indentations between the joints.

If you do the same to a Pro 1.0 it's solid in the same area.

The suit is a more natural fit for the Pro 1.0.

I understand what you are saying but I just don't see a glaring issue with my figure. Perhaps the shoulders a bit too square but not enough to look like he's built or out of scale. Perhaps after seeing some pics of mods, I may be tempted to do the same.

I understand what you are saying but I just don't see a glaring issue with my figure. Perhaps the shoulders a bit too square but not enough to look like he's built or out of scale. Perhaps after seeing some pics of mods, I may be tempted to do the same.

As with the variance in suit colour, it wasn't something I would really have noticed until I had two figures side by side.

This is on a Pro 1.0:

22906568594_b1e45f0908_o.jpg

This was the original body:

22983075839_8b56eda4c4_o.jpg

(That's the same suit, before and after, on different bodies).

This is the second suit (left) on the X-Wing body with the original suit on the Pro 1.0:

23562659950_585fa1a5ae_o.jpg

The difference in colour is more noticeable in hand, but the difference in the shaping at the shoulder is clear.

What would you do with the ankle pegs?

While there's no problem using Pro 1.0 pegs in the X-Wing boots, I found there is a problem trying to use the X-Wing body for Hoth Luke.

Hoth Luke's boots have a different kind of ball joint socket in them - a two part ball that's bigger than usual. I can't see a way round it.

Well....after picking up he TIE Pilot and being real impressed with it, I decided to cash in some rewards points and go for this guy,,,,

I think it's a really good looking figure. Like someone else mentioned earlier in the thread...this figure "looks like Star Wars".

Great cut-n-sew, great detail and good body. And I like the portrait....a lot.

Last edited:
Wow....crickets in here. I'm really surprised. I know everyone is currently swept up in "Force Awakens" figure fever right now, but...oh well.

After weeks of back-n-forth in here, about the merits of this figure, the price, is the "other one" better, etc.....pictures started turning up and I got intrigued.
He was looking real good...I've always liked this "moment" in Star Wars for Luke...finally where he yearned to be...a pilot with the Rebellion. I look at this figure and it invokes some genuine emotion and fond memories.

The effort is very much there with this figure, the well-rendered and great fitting flight suit, the portrait with it's almost wistful gaze....it just looks terrific.

Red Five is standing by....

Hope those that like collecting Luke don't let this figure pass by...it's worth a good look....glad I did...it's great!

The basic figure itself has never been a problem. I really like the figure and am glad that I got it for a good deal.

The issue has always been that it comes bare-bones for its high price. That's been the thorn in everyone's backside from day one.

I'd probably order this if not for the price. Just ridiculous for a bare bones figure and the subpar head sculpt doesn't help it.

I think this figure would look amazing if u swap the HT Luke head sculpt. I realize that would put the price upwards for $350 but if u can afford it :yess:

Back