1/6 Luke Skywalker: Red Five X-Wing Pilot Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This sucks. I got my replacement helmet today and the damn mouthpiece is backwards. The first one has a bad paint imperfection on the stripe of the helmet. My figure has a floppy leg and loose arm, I was going to let that stuff go but now I'm thinking of just returning the figure altogether. Such a pain.

That does suck. :(

Not sure on the arm, but I'm pretty sure the floppy leg can be solved by tightening the screw on the hip.

I got a reply from Sideshow today about the suit on the replacement figure that has the stitching coming undone.

Thank you very much for the pictures you sent. We wanted to follow up with you today to confirm that a replacement order, #R00...., has been booked for the Luke Skywalker X-Wing Pilot Suit. Please allow 7 to 10 business days for your replacement order to ship at no cost to you.

Please make sure your replacement part is undamaged upon receipt. If your replacement is acceptable, please destroy your damaged part only per the instructions below and provide photos within 5 business days of receipt of your replacement. If we do not receive your photos in this time, you will be charged for the extra piece.

Another shot of Luke X-wing with Hot Toys head. Really saves the figure in my opinion. Was gonna return it until I swapped heads.

LukeXwing_HotToysHead_0743.jpg

That does suck. :(

Not sure on the arm, but I'm pretty sure the floppy leg can be solved by tightening the screw on the hip.

I got a reply from Sideshow today about the suit on the replacement figure that has the stitching coming undone.
I will have to try that. It seems they might be sending another helmet.

Good they are sending a new suit. I hope it's okay!

Another shot of Luke X-wing with Hot Toys head. Really saves the figure in my opinion. Was gonna return it until I swapped heads.

View attachment 229788

Awesome! Is this likely to be cheaper in a few months?

There's something slightly sad about a figure you're only buying so you can swap the head and body before unloading them on eBay to some poor sap.

One has been sitting on ebay for $199 w/ free shipping for a few days. And it's been out just a couple weeks. I'm thinking we'll see discounts on this for some time to come. Definitely worth waiting if you plan to put in extra costs associated with another head, etc. (I already have a spare head from the HT Luke Stormtrooper just in case). I'd possibly jump on the EX now w/coupon if it had free shipping, but ideally $200 shipped for the exclusive would be perfect.

One has been sitting on ebay for $199 w/ free shipping for a few days. And it's been out just a couple weeks. I'm thinking we'll see discounts on this for some time to come. Definitely worth waiting if you plan to put in extra costs associated with another head, etc. (I already have a spare head from the HT Luke Stormtrooper just in case). I'd possibly jump on the EX now w/coupon if it had free shipping, but ideally $200 shipped for the exclusive would be perfect.

Thanks for the advice. I'm actually not bothered about the exclusive, if I get this Luke will be holding a lightsaber rather than gloves.

Yeah I'm not too worried about the EX either. Seeing that the regular is $200 right now maybe $180 could be my target. Just don't want to spend more $$$ right now with Vader, Luke, and Leia coming. Already just received Sandtrooper, Spacetrooper and Luketrooper (tomorrow) this month too. Too much! Haha.

Yeah I'm not too worried about the EX either. Seeing that the regular is $200 right now maybe $180 could be my target. Just don't want to spend more $$$ right now with Vader, Luke, and Leia coming. Already just received Sandtrooper, Spacetrooper and Luketrooper (tomorrow) this month too. Too much! Haha.

I know, it's crazy! But I can't ever see them doing ANH versions of most of these again, and ANH versions are my favourites. So I'll take the pain now, and then I won't regret it when the price on these soars. After the current run of figures there's very little I would want from ESB and ROTJ - Yoda, ESB Fett, Hoth Luke, Jedi Luke and the Emperor, but they'll be much more spread out.

Yeah agreed. Let the wallet hurt for now. Sandtrooper is so freaking amazing. Only down side is so many figures based on the stormtroopers all at once, but that'll soon change. Would love a Yoda figure.

Yeah, I'd love to see Hot Toys take a crack at Snowspeeder/Degobah Luke. I hope that's not in the too distant future. Revisiting the 2-pack approach would be nice for that release...

Awesome! Is this likely to be cheaper in a few months?

There's something slightly sad about a figure you're only buying so you can swap the head and body before unloading them on eBay to some poor sap.

The cool thing is, the Luke Stormtrooper helmet has the ball joint receptacle in it, so if you remove the Luke head you can use the helmet to create the short stormtrooper from the two-pack.

I finally unboxed mine. It's a very nice figure overall. The likeness is the best Hamill I've seen in hand. I'm disappointed with two aspects:
1. The orange is too light.
2. The visor has a scuff and is riddled with bubbles.

I'll dye the suit at some point and will talk to SSC about the visor.

I finally unboxed mine. It's a very nice figure overall. The likeness is the best Hamill I've seen in hand. I'm disappointed with two aspects:

I noticed a difference between my original figure and the replacement.

The replacement is a much richer / darker orange. The original one looks pale by comparison.

I wondered whether it might have been something to do with all the hammer blows, plastic dust and fragments from the destruction process. But from what you say the colour of the dye isn't consistent for all batches.

Be interesting to see what colour the third suit will be - the replacement for the damaged replacement.

2. The visor has a scuff and is riddled with bubbles.

I'll dye the suit at some point and will talk to SSC about the visor.

My visor has a nasty scuff as well. And the magnet on the end of the chin strap fell off. I've asked for a replacement.

Luke_Xwing_Visor_15.19.00.jpg

Got mine yesterday. Pretty nice overall. The headsculpt looks better from a high angle and low lighting :) so put it on a lower shelf. The suit is nice but stiff and bulky in the shoulders. Better after futzing but its still there. And whats with the oven mitt gloved hands? Holy crap they're huge. Glad I got the exclusive for that reason alone.

Still waaaaay too expensive for what it is and I now have a bit of buyers remorse. :(

Forgot to mention the paint on the head is very "dull" compared to the prototype. If you look close the same detail is there underneath what I think is a cheap clear coat. The proto probably didn't have any clear. Its happened to me with my ANH Han. The paint was nice and vibrant, then after spraying with Tamiya flat clear (never used it before) it came out dull. Some clears do that. They are very milky and if you put it on too thick or too many coats then it lightens and dulls the color, hiding a lot of detail. I'll never use it again.

I noticed a difference between my original figure and the replacement.

The replacement is a much richer / darker orange. The original one looks pale by comparison.

I wondered whether it might have been something to do with all the hammer blows, plastic dust and fragments from the destruction process. But from what you say the colour of the dye isn't consistent for all batches.

Be interesting to see what colour the third suit will be - the replacement for the damaged replacement.

The prospect of me getting this has receded even further if it's possible that the suit won't even look vibrant on the shelf.

The prospect of me getting this has receded even further if it's possible that the suit won't even look vibrant on the shelf.

But until I had the second one I wouldn't have realized. Though I preferred the tailoring on the original - especially the collar flap which looks too long on the second suit.

Back