1/6 Luke Skywalker: Red Five X-Wing Pilot Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good review and pics, thanks.

Mine should be here this week, looking forward to seeing it in person. Like you I have always wanted an X wing Luke.
I should be able to post pics of the HT head in the helmet too, if anyone still wants to see that.

I would like to see it. I think you are going to find some issues with the helmet. There is a giant crease in the SS Luke sculpt in the back of the head to receive the helmet. You will probably have to Dremel a channel out of the HT Luke head to make if fit. Definitely eager to see how easy it is to port over.

I would like to see it. I think you are going to find some issues with the helmet. There is a giant crease in the SS Luke sculpt in the back of the head to receive the helmet. You will probably have to Dremel a channel out of the HT Luke head to make if fit. Definitely eager to see how easy it is to port over.

Oh really? If it requires any kind of damage to the head, I won't bother.

I get this in tomorrow, the flight suit looks very good. the high res pics really show off how well the stitching and fit come through. Happy with that for certain. The eyes look like they have really dark paint circles for too much shadowing to bring out the eye detail. But glad to get a pilot Luke in the fold upgrade for head with HT farmboy luke or ST disguise.

But this is just bad. Sculpt is not even shaved/finished and the hair does look terrible.

That does look really bad. After seeing this picture, I grabbed my figure and did an inspection. I have none of this on mine. The sculpt is very finished.

Glad you like him that much FlyandFlight! I have the same affection for pilot luke.

Good review and pics, thanks.

Mine should be here this week, looking forward to seeing it in person. Like you I have always wanted an X wing Luke.
I should be able to post pics of the HT head in the helmet too, if anyone still wants to see that.

Thank you, guys! :duff

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the figure as well.

I think he's on his way.

Shows a departure scan from Hong Kong, but they missed the outward customs clearance bit where they tell you the receiver must pay duties or taxes.

No ETA.

You can make out the channel from this pic barely. The reviewer didn't turn the head all the way, but you can see where there is a cut out in the back of the sculpt

I see, however because HT sculpts tend to be a bit smaller than SS, it may not be an issue.

That does look really bad. After seeing this picture, I grabbed my figure and did an inspection. I have none of this on mine. The sculpt is very finished.

My Hoth figures looked like that, as did Drake. Real pity. You can see that SS has really pushed the tailoring and outfit, I mean the stitching and sharpness of the outfit look fantastic, but once again, their sculpt/plastic manufacturing and painting has let the whole thing down. I bet pre-proto original sculpt is great, but seems terribly produced. I don't get the plastic flashing and molding issues on toys over $200? Even cheap kids toys left this kind of issue behind years ago.

What is the problem I wonder? spending too much on tailoring not enough on hard goods? or maybe they simply cannot afford to go to a top factory to produce high end quality plastic/paint. Is it profit margins or licensing at fault? Hard to tell, but they are gonna have to do something if they want to continue charging this kind of $..

Regardless, this is gonna look great on display with the helmet on. Just don't inspect to closely. If it was cheaper I would bite.

I hear that. I have reward points I could use on this but not sure it's worth spending them to get it down to a reasonable price.

10175299_1643284599253750_2065100648_n.jpg

This would have been a 9/10 or 10/10 if it was $180/$190ish.

Then again, the tailoring on the flight suit might have suffered, I dunno.

Mine is due the 30th. Let's see if China to England is faster than California to Maine.

He's taking a different route than I expected...

Local Time
Description
Dubai,United Arab Emirates
24/11/2015
15:56
Arrival Scan
Chek Lap Kok,Hong Kong
24/11/2015
11:35
Departure Scan
Chek Lap Kok,Hong Kong
23/11/2015
11:57
Origin Scan
Kwai Chung,Hong Kong
20/11/2015
12:06
Collection Scan
Hong Kong
20/11/2015
19:37
Order Processed: Ready for UPS

Hope it's not too hot for him out there.

And with an ETA finally attached to him, looks like he'll come home first:

Scheduled For Early Delivery On:Thursday, 26/11/2015, By End of Day

Originally Scheduled For Delivery On:Monday, 30/11/2015, By End of Day

Top 10 replies. War ol' buddy, **** or get off the pot. :lol

Wor-Gar
Posts 149
Kuat of Kuat
Posts 143
TaliBane
Posts 125
Pixelpiper
Posts 94
TonTon
Posts 87
devilof76
Posts 69
Darth Snoopy
Posts 68
Mike86
Posts 67
ZE_501
Posts 57
slynger

I was all geeked up to get this today but that is not going to happen. As far as excuses go, UPS has a good one for my Xwing Luke. Logged in to see the delivery status for today and looks like that is changing. Well played UPS.....:lol

I was all geeked up to get this today but that is not going to happen. As far as excuses go, UPS has a good one for my Xwing Luke. Logged in to see the delivery status for today and looks like that is changing. Well played UPS.....:lol

"Everybody off, this train's not going any further."

gaming_kinect_star_wars_stormtroopers_london_12.jpg

Back