Lord of The Rings Online.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PLayed a little this morning.. Ill wait till the open Beta to play more so I dont waste time developing a char..

Looks like good late night fun. Ill also most likely purchase the lifetime membership to avoid monthly fees..

So is Meledar (sp) the chosen server around here?..

Bodie The Cursed said:
PLayed a little this morning.. Ill wait till the open Beta to play more so I dont waste time developing a char..

Looks like good late night fun. Ill also most likely purchase the lifetime membership to avoid monthly fees..

I'm confused, is it out to play yet? Or still in beta?

Bodie The Cursed said:

So far, yes. At least for the closed beta and stress test users. We could stick with the server for the open beta and release as well.

Anybody have ideas for an official Sideshow Freak kinship/fellowship name? Perhaps a name that tries to adhere to Middle Earth lore but represents our mutual interest (collecting hobby).. Personally, I would prefer not to have the word "freaks" in the name but I will go with majority vote. Here's a few:

- Crack of Doom
- My Precious Collection
- The Sideshow Collector Fellowship
- Collect for Life Fellowship

Any ideas?

Just tried the stress test for the hell of it and WOW.I can tell i'm gonna like this game.

I'm going to torture myself and wait until the open beta starts....though you people are tempting me to cave in and join the closed beta.....no! I won't do it! I won't! (famous last words...we will see if they remain true.)

Yeah i'm mostly waiting for march 30th open beta as well but i just wanted to pop in and see what it was like.And i saw and it was good.

hobbit i made real quick

screenshot00000jn2.jpg

Last edited:
I signed up on the Meneldor server this morning and it figures It's down for maintenance from 9-10ET :rolleyes: :lol

Keeping in mind I'm not a big PC gamer, In the 15 minutes I've played I've noticed two things. I don't like the keyboard intensive input. I'm used to a controller or heavier reliance on a mouse a la Diablo or Battle for Middle Earth.

I don't want to buy a new video card since it seems mine's doesn't give you the highest resolution possible and the opening video was just ever so slightly choppy. I'm using an NVIDIA GeForce 6600 w/256MB. I'm assuming my system is good enough since it's 3.2GHz CPU with 2GB RAM.

Seth Gecko said:
I like crack of doom.Don't like anything with SS in the name seems tacky.

So far we have "Crack of Doom". The name is appropriate for Middle Earth lore (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orodruin) and pays homage to Sideshow's 1st entry in the LOTR Diaorama line. Any other suggestions for a kinship name?

I'll start consolidating a list of those interested in playing:

Server: Meneldor

SSF Name - Closed Beta Name - Open Beta Name

WetaWork - Darwin - TBD
darthviper107 - Qymaen - TBD
Seth Gecko - Tarlo - TBD
tomandshell - TBD - TBD
Fritz - TBD - TBD
Jen
Bodie The Cursed

Last edited:
WetaWork said:
WetaWork - Darwin - TBD
darthviper107 - Qymaen - TBD
Seth Gecko - Tarlo - TBD
tomandshell - TBD - TBD
Fritz - TBD - TBD
Jen
Bodie The Cursed

The list of future addicts and adult diaper customers :p

I'm just wondering how all you people got on the beta. Did you all pre-order the game at gamestop, or did you apply for the beta at the official game site?

Fritz said:
I'm assuming my system is good enough since it's 3.2GHz CPU with 2GB RAM.

With that rig you outta be PC gaming.(dunno about the vid card)I might go out today and get me some more ram i got 1 gig. but you can never have enough.( my vid card and everything is more than fine for me passes all requirements)I had lag last night but so did most people it was the stress test after all and it was said to be expected.But unlike SWG i could actually move.I had lots of fun and now i want march 30th to come sooner than ever.

btw, where can i find system requirements?? if they aren't too much i might be able to fire up the good old desktop. is a 7800gt good enough for a graphics card?? if its not count me out because i dont want to upgrade up the windows machine.

Back