Lord of The Rings Online.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's really fun so far. I'm Level 11, and by the way they are doing Trivia on the servers later today. Trivia on the Meneldor server is at 8:30 EST and they'll be giving away prizes.

It's really fun so far, I'm not sure if I want to do the preorder but I might cave in and do it. Especially since my current character will be deleted after the closed beta is done.

Love the screenshot - I just have to say WoW! As in - it looks just like Wow, maybe a bit more reality based, but the interface is very similar.

Might have to move over to it when it's released.

Monster play!
lotromonsterts0.jpg

congerking said:
Is it just me, or are those requirements not as high as expected?

I think Turbine did a great job making this game accessible to as many as possible by striking the right balance of graphical options and hardware requirements.

WetaWork said:
I think Turbine did a great job making this game accessible to as many as possible by striking the right balance of graphical options and hardware requirements.

That is true. but I was hoping for a game that needed a huge amount of resources so it would look incredible. Granted it looks incredible as is, I wonder what it could have been had it used uber equipment.

congerking said:
That is true. but I was hoping for a game that needed a huge amount of resources so it would look incredible. Granted it looks incredible as is, I wonder what it could have been had it used uber equipment.

Have you tried the game at max settings? It's stunning, and not just for an MMO. Quite the accomplishment when you consider how large the world is.

WetaWork said:
Have you tried the game at max settings? It's stunning, and not just for an MMO. Quite the accomplishment when you consider how large the world is.

Hoping to get the game at retail, don't want to play it if there are any bugs in the beta...that might ruin the experience :chew :chew

congerking said:
Hoping to get the game at retail, don't want to play it if there are any bugs in the beta...that might ruin the experience :chew :chew

If you have the hardware to run at max settings, you'll be very happy with the graphical fidelity.

At this point in the beta, I'm amazed at how few bugs I've run into. You would think the game was released over 6 months ago. Ask anyone in beta who's had prior experience with MMOs and you'll hear a similar praise...

This is the most polished MMO pre-release.

Yeah, the game runs really really well. I've only seen one error so far, that was when a character I had to kill was recently killed by someone else and it wouldn't respawn the character, but then they restarted the server later and it came back up fine.

Looks cool! I might grab it on the 30th and check it out. I've never played WoW or any games like that, so this would be my first, a Noob in the purest sense, but LOTR gets me anytime.

PosterBoyKelly said:
Looks cool! I might grab it on the 30th and check it out. I've never played WoW or any games like that, so this would be my first, a Noob in the purest sense, but LOTR gets me anytime.

Likewise, I've played plenty of online games, but never a MMPORGs. A buddy of mine played star wars galaxies and the matrix online, and those looked interesting. But nothing THAT great to get me sucked in, then comes LOTR Online. I can't resist my tolkien love. Any word of big bosses in the game? Like Ugluk or Shelob?

I haven't met them, but there are plenty of bosses to kill. I've killed two major spiders already, plus some wolves and stuff.

The only problem I have with the game is that there can be several people doing the same quest as you and so you might find the place where the character is and there will be like 10 people already there waiting for it to respawn. But luckily I butted in and took it for myself the next time it spawned. :D

I tried it yesterday morning and again for a while tonight and I just don't feel the love. Oh well, there's plenty of other's who will play.

Now back to Gears of War and I think I'll finally install and play Battle for Middle Earth II.

The biggest dislike for me is the keyboard controlled movement. I prefer using the mouse for movement. Like in Diablo or BFME where you click a spot and the character moves towards it. Or even if it allowed joystick control.

Well, I usually use the keyboard for movement, but I'd like to aim using the mouse instead of having to turn with the keyboard keys. But it is like the other MMORPG games. But I think it's easier to play and there's lots more to do.

Back