Looking for some assistance

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lerath666

Super Freak
Reaction score
I've got a few questions. I know, I post alot of questions here, hopefully someone can answer them. How difficult is it to attach a Hasbro female figure head to a sideshow female body? I've won an Aurra sing masterpiece figure for cheap, and I can get anoter Asajj Figure off of Toyanxiety for fairly cheap aswell. ( I need another one to do a better head for the one i've got now anyways.)

Next question: I'm considering getting a Side show Obi-wan to make a General Kenobi in clone armor, but I'm not sure what armor would be best to use? Hasbro, or should I try to get my hands on some medicom armor recasts?

Anyone make any suggestions here?

While I can't help you with attaching the Hasbro head, keep in mind Aura Sing also has funky hands too.
As for the Armor, SSC bodies are considerably taller and thinner than Hasbro bodies so Hasbro armor would look short and loose. You might want to direct your questions toward Hurricane since he is that resident armor wizard.
Hope it helps.

I know, She's got those Freakishly long fingers. My initial idea is to just ignore them for now untill i can get some idea non what to do. I may simply transplant them, but most reviews of the aurra sing masterpiece figure say that the Hands are incapable of holding anything. this could be due to poor articulation, however. I'll see when she arrives.

I suggest re-painting the Art S. Buck Gray Female. It's a great likenss of the actress, and the body-type is just like her as well. For the hands, cut them off the Hasbro and drill tiny holes to fit them on the Buck. I carefully cut the fingers to separate them from each other, which made it so she can fit them in the triggers.

P6150041.jpg

P6150042.jpg

P6150045.jpg

P6150048.jpg

P6150049.jpg

I second what Mikey says. I found some incredibly tiny drill bits at Harbor Freight Tools, maybe 1/64, maybe metric. I had to find small collets for my Dremel (collets are the aluminum collar that holds the bit) to use them, but it was worth it. I got a NECA Harry Potter Riddle Tomb diorama, and the left skeleton hand had broken off the Grim Reaper statue during shipping. I was able to drill holes to use part of a paper clip as a pin, and you cannot tell there's been a repair (plus it's stronger now). The tools to do 1:6 fingers are out there.

Drilling the hands out won't be a problem. I've already got tiny bits and a Pin vise ( I'm a warhammer 40k addict, can't help it, gotta Pin EVERYTHING!) Already got a jewlers saw so that works too. Is the Arts S grey Buck body different from the regular sideshow body? Or is it the same mold that just happens to be the right color?

Oh and by the way, your Aurra Sing is made of Awesome and win. How difficult was the headswap? Or is that a Custom sculped head, Awesome job on hthe hair. If that is not a custom sculped head, and just a fantastic repaint, Is that the original hair? I as debating about sculpting some hair from my resin-putty, but How good that hair looks has changed my mind. I want to make her with real hair With out a doubt.

I think I just figured out why you used the Artist figure. It's the neck joint isint it? The artist model has a neck joint that is much more simular to the Hasbro head, than the new female body :) Are the wrist pegs more or less the same as the usual sideshow fare?

that's not a headswap is it? you changed out her hair to the Art S body......

Ok, I'll stop posting over and over agin in my own thread, Just please, tell me everything you did, or had done to make that figure look as good as she does.
I have a few guesses, just tell me when I'm right and when I'm wrong.

You did not do a headswap, you Put the hair on the new body.
You swapped the hands
You either repainted her gunbelt and holsters, or replaced them with leather ones.
You repainted the face and the body so that they matched.
You addedan antenna to her head that looks correct.
It looks like you may have replaced her leatherette vest
Did you repaint her guns?

Your suppositions are accurate. Well done. It's all repaint work, no replacements. I prefer the 2nd body. A) it's more accurate to the character.
B) the headsculpt is different. Also the head on the 2nd is solid vinyl, which holds the metal pin for the antenna and the plug for the hair better than the 1st, which is hollow vinyl.

Good luck.

well crap. I found a great price on the newer one and went for it. I guess I'l improvise a bit and see what happens. how different is the headsculpt?

also, is the vest on yours a new one, or the hasbro one. same question on the belt.

Any suggestion On how to mkae the antennea and hairplug fit the holow head better? I've got a few ideas, but any assistance would be appreciated

Last edited:
well crap. I found a great price on the newer one and went for it. I guess I'l improvise a bit and see what happens. how different is the headsculpt?

also, is the vest on yours a new one, or the hasbro one. same question on the belt.

Any suggestion On how to mkae the antennea and hairplug fit the holow head better? I've got a few ideas, but any assistance would be appreciated

The headsculpt on v2 is softer. The belt and vest are repainted from the Hasbro. Teat off the Hasbro head, then cut it in half to release the hairpiece. Under the plastic plug, it's a tangle. It should be easy enough to drill a hole into the new head that is the right size to hold the plug in place. I used a dull sewing needle for the antenna. Not sure how to anchor it in a hollow head, though. Good luck!

I was planning on using super glue :) Another idea I've gt is to fill the head with putty to make it not hollow. I really appreciate the help you've been giving me.

Back