Looking for New "OLD" games

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darth Caedus

Formerly Congerking
Reaction score
So after I finish up the games that I currently have, I'm looking to pick up a new game up at gamestop that I might have missed. Going to pick up The Orange Box, but wanted to know if anybody else knows some weird, obscure, unique games that weren't smash hits, but great plays? Probably in the $19.99 and below.

what systems and genre? there are a lot of good old games (though depending on how old you want them, I'm not sure if you can get them new) :confused:

Amplitude for PS2...It gave birth to all the now popular rhythm games such as Guitar Hero and Rockband. In amplitude you were a spaceship jumping from instrument to instrument. A bizzare concept that worked so well....I hate the new rhythm based games but, but this was allot of fun...check bargain bins, i got mine for $15 CAD

what systems and genre? there are a lot of good old games (though depending on how old you want them, I'm not sure if you can get them new) :confused:

Sorry, forgot to mention that, for the Xbox 360. My PS2 doesn't work and haven't turned on my Wii in about a year :rotfl

Go to XBLive Marketplace and download "Braid" right now. it's like, $15 I think.

Play Psychonaughts!! It's an Xbox 1 title that can probably still be found in retail (maybe) or bought on the Xbox Originals space on the XBL Marketplace.

Go to XBLive Marketplace and download "Braid" right now. it's like, $15 I think.

Play Psychonaughts!! It's an Xbox 1 title that can probably still be found in retail (maybe) or bought on the Xbox Originals space on the XBL Marketplace.

I've heard tons of good things about Braid, will have to try that out

A new old game I've been being to pick up is Dead Rising on the X360. Uncharted, Resistance 1 & 2 and Metal Gear on the PS3. Zelda, RE4 on the Wii.

I have all 3 console - And my Girlfriend brought me the Wii & PS3! Best!

If you haven't played Mass Effect, pick that up.

I also hear Bionic Commando (the side scrolling remake version) on xbox live is amazing.

Tried out Braid last night. Really weird game, but oddly fun.

Kane & Lynch: Dead Men

Shall have to try this one out.

A new old game I've been being to pick up is Dead Rising on the X360. Uncharted, Resistance 1 & 2 and Metal Gear on the PS3. Zelda, RE4 on the Wii.

Dead Rising is awesome and everybody should get it.

If you haven't played Mass Effect, pick that up.

I also hear Bionic Commando (the side scrolling remake version) on xbox live is amazing.

Mass Effect was a great one, one of my favorites. Will have to try out Bionic Commando

If you haven't played Bioshock, I recommend that. Some other good ones off the top of my head are Mirror's Edge, Perfect Dark Zero, and Hitman: Blood Money.

Download Vigilante 8 on Xbox Live, It's a great old car shooting game with destructible environments, first released WAY back in '97...

Shadow of the Colossus-PS2. Amazing game

its a damn shame my 80 gig ps3 doesnt read ps2 games. i havent gotten rid of this game cuz im planning on getting a ps2 again just for this game and ICO........both beautiful games.

:lecture :lecture

The final, and I mean very final, gun you get in Resi 4 wii is the best gun ever!! :gun:gun

1 blast and everything onscreen dies. Even all the crows :lol:lol

Anyway on to the topic at hand, mate you should try Marvel Ultimate Alliance... that's an old game but still very nice! Need For Speed Most Wanted.. Bioshock... GRAW.. Call of Duty 2 [easy achievements!]... Dark Sector.

What sort of genres are you into?

I have to recomend REZ (downloadable on the 360 marketplace), as it is a cool, old-school on rails shooter, but turns into one of the trippiest things ever. Very fun and addictive game. Also check out Castle Crashers for a great side-scrolling beat em up (kinda like old Konami Arcade games) and it has some brilliant art!

So after I finish up the games that I currently have, I'm looking to pick up a new game up at gamestop that I might have missed. Going to pick up The Orange Box, but wanted to know if anybody else knows some weird, obscure, unique games that weren't smash hits, but great plays? Probably in the $19.99 and below.

Hm...

I enjoyed (in order of release, all for 360 of course, older to newer):

Dead or Alive 4
Kameo: Elements of Power
Army of Two
Stranglehold
Battlefield: Bad Company

All of those games kick ass, and I think you'd enjoy em.

I really wish we would have all picked up Battlefield, that was a fantastic game that we would have had a lot of fun with.

By far the game that gave me the most unexpected fun was Earth Defense Force 2017 on the 360. It's a very old-school type of shooter, but incredibly addicting.

There are 53 missions, 5 difficulty levels, and over 170 weapons to collect and use. Once you complete the game on the hardest difficulty, you unlock the most awesome weapon I've ever used in a videogame - the Genocide Gun. It's like a shoulder-mounted nuclear missile.

There are vehicles to use but they're not all that useful, and there's also splitscreen co-op, too. The only negative is that the game doesn't have online play, which would absolutely rule.

You can probably buy it brand new for $10. I seriously cannot recommend the game highly enough, especially if you're a fan of old-school arcade action.

By far the game that gave me the most unexpected fun was Earth Defense Force 2017 on the 360. It's a very old-school type of shooter, but incredibly addicting.

There are 53 missions, 5 difficulty levels, and over 170 weapons to collect and use. Once you complete the game on the hardest difficulty, you unlock the most awesome weapon I've ever used in a videogame - the Genocide Gun. It's like a shoulder-mounted nuclear missile.

There are vehicles to use but they're not all that useful, and there's also splitscreen co-op, too. The only negative is that the game doesn't have online play, which would absolutely rule.

You can probably buy it brand new for $10. I seriously cannot recommend the game highly enough, especially if you're a fan of old-school arcade action.

Yeah but the graphics are choppy and the game is repetitive. If you mention the positives mention the negatives too. :D

Yeah but the graphics are choppy and the game is repetitive. If you mention the positives mention the negatives too. :D

I don't know, repetitive gameplay seems to be a hallmark of all of D3s games. I think that makes it more of a "feature". But definitely a crappy feature ;)

- TGM

Back