Long time lurker, first post

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

octo

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I've been a long time lurker here, and have finally decided to become an active member.

As far as collecting goes my main interests are Star Wars, Batman, Spiderman, and Ironman. I stick mostly to 1/6 figures, but I do like props and statues as well. Right now I have on pre order the HT Bruce Wayne/Batman figure, and the SS 1/6 Commander Gree figure. I'm looking forward to the SS 1/6 Boba Fett, HT Keaton Batman, and a SS Batman PF.

Outside of collecting I'm a big gamer, I also enjoy building military models, airsoft, and taking care of my reptiles.

Thanks for taking the time to read my post!

Welcome! I think you'll like it here.

I've got some extra military models I'm trying to sell, if you're interested... Love the stuff but I just don't have the time/space! :)

Thanks for the warm welcome. :)

Darth any preference on how you would like to see SS do their batman PF? Personally I would like to see them take a more modern look, black and grey, black bat symbol, no undies and a slight armored look to his suit. But I'm sure no matter what style they choose it will be sweet, and surely sell out quick!

DPrime I understand totally, my modelling is usually at the bottom of my list of things to do. Given how slow I am when it comes to building them even when I have nothing else getting in the way I'm lucky if I finish one a year. Currently I'm working on a cyber hobby/Dragon Tiger 1 mid/command version and I'm doing homemade zimmerit using miliput. I might be interested in picking up a new kit depending on what you have. I'm particulary fond of WW2 German stuff.

Wen I think of what Sideshow should do as far as a Batman PF I think of this...

Jim_Lee_Batman_quicky_by_dcjosh.jpg

But I wouldn't mind if Sideshow went with a modern armored look like in the movies. :D

Whatever Sideshow does I'm sure it'll kick ass and I'll be in line to buy it! :lol

Hey thanks Six! Fellow modeler eh? Do you have anything on the workbench atm?

@ Darth I like that pic, and if SS goes that route I won't hesitate to pre order. I know they have a thread on the yet to be announced SS Batman PF in the dc section, but I'm not sure I'm ready to get my feet wet in that section yet.

Hey thanks Six! Fellow modeler eh? Do you have anything on the workbench atm?

@ Darth I like that pic, and if SS goes that route I won't hesitate to pre order. I know they have a thread on the yet to be announced SS Batman PF in the dc section, but I'm not sure I'm ready to get my feet wet in that section yet.

I use to build many years ago.:(

Although I just purchased a Revell Huey Cobra produced in 75' for old times sake.:)

@ Six Nice! Good ol Revell I have fond memories of going to my LHS with my dad and picking out a new revell kit for a weekend build. I find sometimes when you have all but lost interest in the hobby a nice simple and quick build is enough to get you back into the swing of things. So you never know after you get that Huey done you might be looking for another kit! :)

@ void, thanks! I recognize your name from my lurking on the DC board. Love your collection especially the bat signal and armory!

Last edited:
@ Six Nice! Good ol Revell I have fond memories of going to my LHS with my dad and picking out a new revell kit for a weekend build. I find sometimes when you have all but lost interest in the hobby a nice simple and quick build is enough to get you back into the swing of things. So you never know after you get that Huey done you might be looking for another kit! :)

Same here, did the same thing with my dad. My two favorite kits were the HueyCobra and the Revell Mig 21 PF in the red box.:yess:

Here's a link to the MIG

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mig-21-PF-...794?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cbb3533b2

@ Darth, yeah I'll poke my head in there when I feel I've got something of value to add. I once saw someone post a pic of a vicious wolf and relating it to some of the posters in the DC section. With some of the discussions that take place there that analogy doesn't seek far off!

@ Six, nice a mig 21! I do AFV's more than planes, but I have always wanted to do a mig 21, I was looking at a trumpeter kit recently but didn't pull the trigger. Maybe after I finish this Tiger!

Back