Logan (New Wolverine movie March 3rd 2017)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: WOLVERINE (March 3rd 2017)

I hope it's not him again as Tooth, that guy was all wrong. The first guy was much better, visually at least, it's been awhile since I've seen X1.

I hope it's not him again as Tooth, that guy was all wrong. The first guy was much better, visually at least, it's been awhile since I've seen X1.
Seems like Schrieber was a more "modern" Sabretooth, who was more human-like and even a borderline good guy at times. But the older, more brutal, Marauder-type Sabretooth was better presented by the wolfman in the first X-movie. Only problem there was that Sabretooth always liked to gab, and that version was almost a mute.

Seems like Schrieber was a more "modern" Sabretooth, who was more human-like and even a borderline good guy at times. But the older, more brutal, Marauder-type Sabretooth was better presented by the wolfman in the first X-movie. Only problem there was that Sabretooth always liked to gab, and that version was almost a mute.

I seem to remember that as well, which is why I added in the visually part. Sabretooth as I remember was always cocky and taunting, so if they can match that with the look from the first one, that would be cool. He was one of my favorites growing up.

I'd love to see a Team X movie with Logan, Creed and Maverick doing some black ops stuff. They could do it as something like Metal Gear Solid, but with those guys.

At the very least, I think their fight on top of the statue of the Liberty was probably the best one on one fight of the series.... however short it was.

Yeah, Omega Red and Sabretooth are really all that's needed as far as villains go.

No '90s characters, please. I'll take Sabretooth, Wendigo, and Alpha Flight, if bringing back Lady Deathstrike is too problematic.

I hope he wears a more comic accurate suit in this one finally. Even if they don't want to go with the yellow and blue costume, I don't see why they can't use the 80's brown costume, or something very similar, without any armor on it.

I can live with Sabertooth and Omega Red if they toss Deadpool into the mix too. Just ignore Origins.

I hope he wears a more comic accurate suit in this one finally. Even if they don't want to go with the yellow and blue costume, I don't see why they can't use the 80's brown costume, or something very similar, without any armor on it.

I'd be in for that, I just fear it will look too motorcross again. Would you want the mask? I doubt they'd make Jackman wear it, but hopefully it gets thrown into the mix with whoever replaces him.

I'd be in for that, I just fear it will look too motorcross again. Would you want the mask? I doubt they'd make Jackman wear it, but hopefully it gets thrown into the mix with whoever replaces him.

I'd like to see him in full costume, mask and all, briefly. The mask might be tricky to pull off, but if other characters get away with it, then I guess it depends on how the costume fits within the context of the story, especially since he doesn't wear a mask in the previous films.

I couldn’t careless about those feminine colorful costumes, just make a good movie.

Wouldn't it be more annoying than anything else if Jackman's Wolverine wore a comic-style costume in (apparently) his very last film? I'd be kinda pissed at the tease of what could have been all along.

Wouldn't it be more annoying than anything else if Jackman's Wolverine wore a comic-style costume in (apparently) his very last film? I'd be kinda pissed at the tease of what could have been all along.

No, but I can only speak for myself. Even though I don't like it, I understand why he didn't wear the comic book costume in the previous films. The first X-Men movie was released 15 years ago, and it was the first superhero film since Batman & Robin, which was a very colorful kids movie, but also a critical disappointment. Let's not forget about Steel too. I don't think the studio or the audience was ready to see colorful costumes in the early 2000's, so they went with black leather, since Matrix was popular and it was less risky, and easier for the audience to accept, especially since the characters weren't popular. They even made a joke about the yellow spandex in the first X-Men film. It's been a gradual process to get to where we are today. Now audiences are willing to accept almost anything like a talking raccoon or a character like Deadpool.

After the success of the first X-Men, they kept the leather because that's what the audience was familiar with, even though movies like Spiderman were using more comic accurate costumes. Still, Jackman has been in 6 films, 3 in which it was understandable why he wore the black leather, then the solo films, which weren't very good, so I'm glad they didn't waste the comic costume in those films, and finally DOFP, and considering the story, and where and when it takes place, it didn't make sense for him to wear the costume. Now it's 2015, audiences are ready, it's Jackman's "last" film, and it probably takes place after the end of DOFP, so the story takes place in the distant future, so it all seems like the perfect time for him to finally wear a more colorful comic accurate costume.

Back