Logan (2017) Speculation

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Camera flash ruins all my photos. :lol

But I'm pretty pleased with how she looks in hand.

37287634104_fdc17ba1b2_z.jpg

37287635504_e547398e27_z.jpg

37943193836_b2efd5b513_z.jpg

37996249631_b8d7914886_z.jpg

37943194346_8330579991_z.jpg

Since I took these the hair has dried out so the ends are less clumped together and look more natural, getting closer to the tousled look she had in the photo I was going by. But there's not enough life in the camera to take more photos now.

No flash, but she's blinded by a cool white LED lamp instead!

24146078428_22e862969f_z.jpg

On the shelf, if not through the camera, I'm liking how she looks now.

[emoji106][emoji106]

Nice job KOK. :clap

As you said, the curls kill the look. That's what makes the "way too bulky" look.

Youre just using the flash wrong Kuat. Nice one though.

Thanks!

Holding the scissors it was, do I or don't I? But I knew I had to, and there'd be no going back. :lol

As for the flash, without it you can't see anything.

So the best photos are usually when I use the lighting in the collection room instead, plus a portable LED lamp. It was getting late last night with the hair futzing seemingly taking forever so I didn't make much effort with the light.

Very nice KUAT OF KUAT :)wink1:)

You can make a nice lighting kit very cheaply for pics, just find something in this vibe:

41M0XENDq8L._SY355_.jpg

at Home Depot or Lowes. You want something you can stand up. Get two of them. Tape a piece of white paper over the led part to diffuse/soften the light. You can probably score 2 for $30-40

Then play around with how close you have to get them. Plenty of YT tutorials on lighting. :hi5:

Your Laura looks great. Hair mod is must IMO.

Very nice KUAT OF KUAT :)wink1:)

You can make a nice lighting kit very cheaply for pics, just find something in this vibe:

41M0XENDq8L._SY355_.jpg

at Home Depot or Lowes. You want something you can stand up. Get two of them. Tape a piece of white paper over the led part to diffuse/soften the light. You can probably score 2 for $30-40

Then play around with how close you have to get them. Plenty of YT tutorials on lighting. :hi5:

Your Laura looks great. Hair mod is must IMO.

Thanks, Craig. :)

I don't really enjoy the photography part. Mainly because I've never had a proper place to take photos. So the old adage usually rings true: things look better in hand.

But maybe I'd enjoy it more if I sorted myself out. :lol

Clarification for those tackling in the future: The hair is a bit long, but the main thing you are trying to accomplish is *thinning* the hair. There's too much volume to it. If you look at Dafne Keen, her her is way more thin and wispy. Not 70s Farrah Fawcett :p

Here a video on thinning that may give you more confidence to tackle it:

Unlike video, I'd work the underneath hair to cover up any botches you may do :) Just go slow and stop and look constantly.

Next I'll show you how to do a Mani/Pedi :rotfl :rotfl

I think it looks thin at times in the film because it's greasy and unkempt, but at other times, as in this outfit, it looks more full:

maxresdefault.jpg

I think if I tried thinning little Laura's hair she'd end up resembling Tank Girl. :lol

Tank-Girl-World-War-Tank-Girl-3-5-600x911.jpg

Lol, yes that’s the scary part :lol I would have guessed that you did thin it. Looks great.

Your photos are fine, was just trying to address your flash comments. What u did looks great :duff

Last edited:
Yeah, they have been difficult. :pfft:

Literally re-worked them like 5-6 times. Looks good live because of scale, but not happy with photo. (sigh)

Eye brows are a witch :lol

I'm working on it. :pfft: Geez, you guys are brutal :lol

She (Dafne) has thicker, darker eyebrows than the figure has.....try it, they are not easy to do and look correct. I'm using a magnifying glass and it's still a witch.

Re-did them last night and still not happy.

If you look at the pic w her and Logan, they look fine. Which they do in person. But they photograph way too thick.

Back