Lights for Detolf

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_0047.jpg

I finally added lights to my Detolf's.

Looks great keysta! :clap

Real nice stuff!! :clap

I've been experimenting with colored Ikea Dioder LED's... I think they are amazing... I love that I can combine different colors on the same shelves to create different looks...

Batman13.jpg

Batman14.jpg

Batman10.jpg

Bale1.jpg

Bale2.jpg

IMG_1266.jpg

IMG_1282.jpg
[/IMG]
My Detolf Set-up...
Batman8.jpg

Batman9.jpg

Depends on what? I'm thinking about driving the 8 hours round trip to pick up my first detolfs... but not sure how to go about lighting them.

Depends on what? I'm thinking about driving the 8 hours round trip to pick up my first detolfs... but not sure how to go about lighting them.

Personal preference.

The strips will give you more light, and wider light, but I prefer the pucks. I like the light coming from a smaller more spotlight-like source.

I used two pucks on each shelf...

100_3154.jpg

Very nice, I like the black back you have on there.

Also, great job on concealing the wires. Must have been quite a chore with 8 pucks! :thud:

I have the DIODER from Ikea. Must say that I'm at quite a loss regarding the wires. Could really use some advice as to how to hide them...

Use small zip ties (tie wraps) - You can get them almost any where .

Run the wires along the metal rods that support the glass shelf . Zip them at each end

zip-tie.png

Yea, I noticed that on some of the pics. I'm also thinking of running the wires in from the bottom, instead of through the hole in the top. Should give a better result, I'd imagine...

Personal preference.

The strips will give you more light, and wider light, but I prefer the pucks. I like the light coming from a smaller more spotlight-like source.

Very nice, I like the black back you have on there.

Also, great job on concealing the wires. Must have been quite a chore with 8 pucks! :thud:

I agree, what type of backing did you use, and did you put a mirror under each shelf?

Yea, I noticed that on some of the pics. I'm also thinking of running the wires in from the bottom, instead of through the hole in the top. Should give a better result, I'd imagine...

Why don't you just turn it upside down so the hole is at the bottom?

Back