Lights for Detolf

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm using the regular Dioders as well and I really like them. I think I want to a another row of them across the 2nd shelves to more evenly light the bottom.
I put one LED stripe in each shelf, so 1 Dioder package per Detolf. Really like how it turned out, plus there is more light so you wouldn't need a lamp.
Love the 2 storms/darth .. Waiting for my hot toys darth

DSC_0134.JPG

I'm using the MOSJÖ TV Stand. It's the same color as the Detolf and you can stack 2 detolfs on the MOSJÖ with about 1/2" tolorence all the way around. I had to take the feet off to get it to fit under my ceiling on the right side....

image.jpg

Working on a "Detolf" help post. Mine are built and documented the builds for newbies.

The new Ikea Dioders are terrible , awful yellow . The brightness of the pucks is laughable. Currently working on a custom 50/50 LED 300 daylight setup. This is super powered LED lights like they use for jewelry cases. They will be on a dimmer (remote) for late night, but the idea here is to over come ambient rooms light for these incredible collectables!

The over cost is slightly higher than the Dioders, but the end results will be light years better'

Hey I have a quick question. Don't want to bother making a new thread. I am impressed by your lighting setup by the way.

I am looking for a set of lights for my 2 detolfs for my Predator and Batman collection. What do you suggest off amazon?

I am also looking for 2 displays that hold individual 1/6 scale figures. Where could I find one?

Have had a quick search but couldn't find it mentioned, has anyone used the Ramsta minilamps from IKEA to light their detolfs? RAMSTA Minilamp, battery-operated - IKEA They're not available online in the UK, but I picked some up yesterday in store. They're only £2 each, and require 3 AAA batteries, so no worry about having to hide wires! You turn them on by pressing the plastic cover over the bulbs. I got a black one for the top to match the wood and three silver ones for the glass shelves. They attach by an adhesive pad, so not sure how easy they will be to remove or how long the batteries will last! image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    786.7 KB · Views: 498
So every time you want to turn on the lights in your displays you have to go around opening cabinets and pressing one light on at a time? No. Just no. Stay away from anything powered with batteries and that can't be turned on at the same time. Total waste of time.

I agree. That's how my first lighting attempt was setup and it was a pain. Batteries were dying at different rates so some lights were dimmer than others and overall the pucks were burning though batteries like crazy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tried out the "wireless" lights for my clones I posted a while ago.
Worket out pretty I think! This was the first test. I will post some more pics when everything is complete

detolf_clones.jpg

So every time you want to turn on the lights in your displays you have to go around opening cabinets and pressing one light on at a time? No. Just no. Stay away from anything powered with batteries and that can't be turned on at the same time. Total waste of time.

:lecture 1 click/1 flip switch to turn on every display light you have or you're doing it wrong. :lecture

Because a lot of figures are ordered (but not delivered) I need more space. So I bought 2 new Detolfs and this was a chance to find a new solution for the light. My old solution with the strips of wood (page 52 in this thread) and Ikea Dioder LED's was ok, but from my point of view not enough light. Here my new solution:

Attachments

• IMG_2244.JPG
    IMG_2244.JPG
    648 KB · Views: 560
  • IMG_2245.JPG
    IMG_2245.JPG
    621.8 KB · Views: 566
  • IMG_2246.JPG
    IMG_2246.JPG
    667.5 KB · Views: 563
  • IMG_2247.JPG
    IMG_2247.JPG
    633.9 KB · Views: 566
  • IMG_2248.JPG
    IMG_2248.JPG
    627.7 KB · Views: 562
  • d7.jpg
    d7.jpg
    445.5 KB · Views: 562
  • d8.jpg
    d8.jpg
    469.5 KB · Views: 558
  • d9.jpg
    d9.jpg
    508.2 KB · Views: 560
Because a lot of figures are ordered (but not delivered) I need more space. So I bought 2 new Detolfs and this was a chance to find a new solution for the light. My old solution with the strips of wood (page 52 in this thread) and Ikea Dioder LED's was ok, but from my point of view not enough light. Here my new solution:

Fantastic, where do you get those?

And of course...

Does it come in black?

Fantastic, where do you get those?

And of course...

Does it come in black?

I bought the LED stripes and all the other article here (in Germany): HAVA GmbH
You mean the colour of the Detolfs? If yes, in Germany you can buy Detolf in two colours (blackbraun and white).
Or do you mean the colour of the aluminium profil? The shop has also profiles in black.

I bought the LED stripes and all the other article here (in Germany): HAVA GmbH
You mean the colour of the Detolfs? If yes, in Germany you can buy Detolf in two colours (blackbraun and white).
Or do you mean the colour of the aluminium profil? The shop has also profiles in black.

excellent, thank you
hopefully I can find one in Canada

Do any of you wire your own LED's instead of buying the ready ones from Ikea?

If I were to go with led strip lighting is warm white or cool white the better option?

Mkay, so I've been refurbishing an antique display case. I've replaced two pieces of glass, added two shelves, and felt. I also used some rope light I had laying around for lighting. Sadly, it wouldn't stay in place and ended up being a bit obtrusive. My question is this . . . from the amount of lighting you see would the 3528s or the 5050s best replicate the look?

display2.jpg

Disregard the mess. I'm reorganizing my office as well.

Last edited:
Back