Light Tent - Sizing

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2ndname

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hello all!

Quick question. I am in the market to purchase a new light box for still shooting my figures and need some input regarding the proper size. I'm thinking of getting a 16x16x16 light box/tent but unsure if this is a bit small for 1:6 figures. Anyone care to comment on what they are current running with?

Thanks.

I think you would find a 16" cube to be barely adequate for most figures, but then some would probably exceed its size limitations in certain angles or poses (or with certain accessories).

I would recommend at least a 24", but even better would be a 30". That would give you much more flexibility if you wanted to group figures together for a shot, or if you decided to shoot something larger, such as a diorama (home made or otherwise).

That makes sense. I totally overlooked the fact that I would probably want to do some group shots. Thank you for reminding me. I'll shoot for the 30" just to be sure. Thanks once more!

Funny, I was looking at some pictures of Rosie Jones and have a light tent. :duff

I actually have a ghetto rigged card board box version that is pretty small (12x12x12) but I do not like the fact that I can't just fold it up and tuck it somewhere. These ones I am seeing on B&H and Amazon can be folded up quickly.

In regards to Mike and his tent, lol =P

Back