Life-size Busts??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1:1 is a tricky medium. Especially for human figures you run a real risk of feely "creepy" or "shrine like" imo. I think Sideshow's played it smart with their SW 1:1 by sticking with aliens (Maul is humanoid, and the ray park likeness is exceptional, but you notice the tatoos and horns befor the face itself). The other issue is that to devote such a spotlight to one item, it needs to be a fairly prominent character. Yoda is a prime example of a character that can sucessfully survive the leap to lifesize IMO. I don't know who would be that way in LOTR. Maybe Gollum, but there is already an excellent near lifesize bust from the Sideshow*Weta collaboration. Sauron is another which was mentioned, and I agree that the legendary scale is probably enough for most collectors there as well.

Correct, there was a 1:1 Obi Wan that was floating around in some collections that just didn't look right; for a human it has to be perfect.

True. I mean i'm a statue/PF guy really, and i agree totally that it would have to be a creature, but I just thought it was odd that it was never explored. But as you say legendary scale basically replaces 1:1 for LOTR.

True. I mean i'm a statue/PF guy really, and i agree totally that it would have to be a creature, but I just thought it was odd that it was never explored. But as you say legendary scale basically replaces 1:1 for LOTR.

The sad reality is that LOTR just isn't the juggernaut it was 3 or so years ago, but give it time; once the Hobbit is on the screens that will all change ---- the panel at SDCC renewed my hope, it was VERY well attended.

Thanks again, Matt, for saving our seats! :rock

Do to my insane lack of space and funds, I would much rather to see smaller scale collectibles.
Crazy, I know... but true!
crazy.gif

Thanks again, Matt, for saving our seats! :rock

Do to my insane lack of space and funds, I would much rather to see smaller scale collectibles.
Crazy, I know... but true!
crazy.gif

But of course, and actually I don't mind smaller pieces either - it is more the detail and sculpt that matters in the long run.

The sad reality is that LOTR just isn't the juggernaut it was 3 or so years ago, but give it time; once the Hobbit is on the screens that will all change ---- the panel at SDCC renewed my hope, it was VERY well attended.

Was this a Hobbit panel? I was looking for one on youtube but came up empty handed. :(

Not interested. Too big, too expensive and I'm not a fan of the bust line. I don't even own any of the LSBs. The only two LSBs I'd ever consider would be an Easterling and Treebeard, neither of which will ever happen. I'd rather see Sideshow invest more in the PF line than start a new one.

Back