Lieutenant Columbo 1/6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd absolutely love to have one, he's absolutely one of the best tv character ever, smart, funny and charming. Where can we get one?

Oh, and one more thing,

081028dvd_columbo1.jpg

sa%20columbo%20peter%20falk%20season%205%20dvd%20review%20PDVD_020.jpg

very, very well my friend, after a year and a half finally got your figure of Columbo, this is an event!
What's with the cigar?

very, very well my friend, after a year and a half finally got your figure of Columbo, this is an event!
What's with the cigar?

Yeah, truly is an event :lol I've also darkened the eyes a bit, what a steady hand you must have in that scale, it's amazing.

Cigar, cigar. Well, you got me, don't know how to make a cigar. I'll keep searching online and in my house and try to improvise one :D

Alex, I'm totally in for a painted head, if you can. Your work is amazing and I must have one! Great job Viezure!

What's with the cigar?

Columbo carried a green cigar for many episodes. But it is well established that he was very non-specific in his choice of cigar, opting almost always for what was cheap. The green ones hung on for a short while though.

I have to say Alex that this is one of my TOP 2 favorite independantly produced (and possiblly overall) heads.

I have'nt completely finished painting it yet
The eyes are going to be especially tricky given Falk's prosthetic eye and it's unique turn (which one ? most pics I can find are side view)

Not only is the sculpt one of the absolute best, but I so loved the character as a youngster.

I can remember as a young teenager the anticipation and delight I had sitting on the couch with my parents every third Sunday waiting for the good Lieutenant to make his initial appearance.

Viezure: You have done a remarkable job on painting the sculpt and the overall quality and detail of your custom/kitbash

Jim

Last edited:
I agree wholeheartedly Jimmy!! This figure is what got me here. I hope to replicate Viezure's great figure, with Alex's help, of course.

Thanks so much for your comment Jimmy, I would like to see your painted head.
Ferris, I can paint a head for you anytime my friend, send you a PM.
Alex.

Thanks Jimmy. I haven't painted the head, that was alex' great work, i just modified the eyes :)

Ferris, thanks bud :hi5: And yes, when i watch the episodes i can't stop noticing the details about columbo :D His cigar was green, actually i can't remember when he had one any other colour (other than when he was given a cuban one, that he kept it for a special ocasion :lol ).

And alex, you know you rock :lecture

Yeah, I am contiunally amazed at how beautiful a work of art that head is, all the way around. Viezure, you did add the cherry to the top of a perfect sunday by putting the gleam in his eyes.

As for the cigar, it was most often brown in the episodes from the late 70's on.
https://www.columbo100.freeuk.com/cigars.htm

I know I may be thinking too far ahead, but after I get my Columbo together, I may commission Alex to make me up a nice Clint Eastwood head for a Dirty Harry figure.

I just cannot get over how great Alex's work is.

Thanks Alex, I just got that PM out to you.

Yeah, I agree, even though I am doing my best to replicate your great work, Viezure, yours is the first.

Seriously, if it hadn't been for your great idea, your specifics in detail, your great choice of artist, and finally your patience and commitment to completing the task, I doubt I'd be here. For that, I thank you a lot.

Thanks ferris, i really really appreciate it, so great to see a columbo fan that appreciates this custom :eek:

And here is Columbo investigating the joker :lol

There must something wrong with me. I seem to bother people. I seem to make them nervous and maybe you could tell me why.

gwKSG.jpg

mXhoI.jpg

9bXnx.jpg

Hawzr.jpg

7iukk.jpg

kHIix.jpg

I stepped into some water yesterday and ruined mine. You don't know where I could find a pair that looks like that for around 16 or 17 dollars?

k8duX.jpg

He lived a long and beautiful life, and i'm sure he's in a better place now. Even though he was sick in his last years, he died of old age, and that's a good way to go. He was a legend, RIP my good man. In a way i'm happy for him that he won't battle with his disease any more.

A new cigar is on the way, can't have my columbo without a real cigar :)

Back