LEON THE PROFESSIONAL - Enterbay

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never had the Enterbay, but the Artoys set looks pretty good.

While the leathery parts are only pleather as opposed to the advertised genuine leather they look okay. The case functions well, the guns are crisply moulded . The semi-automatics have removable magazines. The Berettas have moving slides, though the other two seem to be solid. The revolvers have swing out cylinders and hammers that co_ck.

The switchblade works.

The sculpt came out well and the painting is good enough. Though he does look best in profile or viewed turned three quarters to the side.

The shirt is the weakest aspect due to the bulky collar, and it's the only thing I'd look to swap out. Maybe for a black long sleeved top.

Oh, and there's even labels for the nameplate and oval stand base.

The body he's on is one of those 'narrow shoulder' knockoffs which aren't really 'narrow' at all. This one looks even bulkier than the norm.

So I'm using a Sideshow Luke Snowspeeder body instead. The Sideshow body has oversized ankle pegs attached to the legs, so the shoes won't plug on, but will just sit into the shoes. This brings him more to the correct height anyway.

The plastic popper at the shirt collar refused to connect, so I cut the little peg off and glued the popper parts together to keep the shirt closed. This makes it neater, but nowhere near perfect.

The magazines for a couple of the semi-automatics wouldn't fit, so the mag wells had to be filed down a little.

A quick snap after finally getting him put together:

40084221322_2ae61e0fed_c.jpg

He looks so at home in this thread that, if you just posted the pic and didn't say which it was, I don't think anyone would know it wasn't the EB one.

I have the EB release and this one looks just as good. I also have the Matilda figure, which is not bad for the price. It's worth noting that she only has 1 back pocket on her shorts. The figure has 2, so 1 needs to be cut off.

I just looked back through this thread at photos of the production Enterbay to compare it to the ARToys.

It does appear to be an exact copy. Exact same guns; exact same clunky shirt collar, and so on.

This one cost £150.97 with delivery, which is high for a knockoff, especially when the body needs changing. However, I've been waiting to use that Luke Snowspeeder body for a long time!

The body makes a huge difference though.

Without the coat he looks long-necked, which was the same thing written about the Enterbay. So you have to cover up much of the detailed harness. Nevertheless, the coat is a signature part of his outfit.

You do get quite a bit for the money. All the guns are quality pieces; the switchblade is nice; the case is complex; the harness a complicated construction; and he has his braces!

Did the Enterbay's green plastic case insert have a base? With this one the two drawers sit on the bottom of the case, and the gun holding framework just goes over the top of them without any connection.

Wow that does look good, even the quality of the tailoring looks to match enterbays. Paint would be hard to top on enterbays tho so I wonder how it compares.

The drawers just sit in the enterbay case also. The enterbay case does not hold up well so I wonder how this one will do. Also worth noting the hat and coat on the enterbay were known to stain the head and neck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just looked back through this thread at photos of the production Enterbay to compare it to the ARToys.

It does appear to be an exact copy. Exact same guns; exact same clunky shirt collar, and so on.

This one cost £150.97 with delivery, which is high for a knockoff, especially when the body needs changing. However, I've been waiting to use that Luke Snowspeeder body for a long time!

The body makes a huge difference though.

Without the coat he looks long-necked, which was the same thing written about the Enterbay. So you have to cover up much of the detailed harness. Nevertheless, the coat is a signature part of his outfit.

You do get quite a bit for the money. All the guns are quality pieces; the switchblade is nice; the case is complex; the harness a complicated construction; and he has his braces!

Did the Enterbay's green plastic case insert have a base? With this one the two drawers sit on the bottom of the case, and the gun holding framework just goes over the top of them without any connection.

Hmm,

I thought of the EB release the moment I saw it and it looks like I may be right. That said, it could be possible that they bought the tooling and stuff from EB, I mean, they're not going to make it again and if they could have made money by selling off the bits that they weren't still making use of it would make sense to do so.

It could still be an out and out KO though, who knows!?

Hmm,

I thought of the EB release the moment I saw it and it looks like I may be right. That said, it could be possible that they bought the tooling and stuff from EB, I mean, they're not going to make it again and if they could have made money by selling off the bits that they weren't still making use of it would make sense to do so.

It could still be an out and out KO though, who knows!?

The thing with the ARToys is if you look at the guns they're crisply detailed as though from a master mould and not recast.

Leon and Kumik's Mathilda both come with this Smith & Wesson 41:

Leon-S%26W41-1.jpg

The Artoys looks like an orginal piece, whereas Kumik's is rougher, less detailed and slightly smaller. The Kumik looks like an obvious recast.

So I don't know what the deal is with ARToys. Their Hellboy accessories are also looking crisp in production photos.

26255954538_1d0d28ab96_o.jpg

The ARToys gun also has an open barrel

It's pretty dumb that the one Beretta comes with the compensator and suppressor and not both.

They both have them. There are combined compensator and suppressor pieces that slot into place. I was surprised how well they were made as they slide onto the guns perfectly.

They both have them. There are combined compensator and suppressor pieces that slot into place. I was surprised how well they were made as they slide onto the guns perfectly.

Wait both Berettas for the ARTOYS get them? I asked a dude on FB about it on OSS on Facebook and he said only one got it.

I was looking through Artoys' promo photos and noticed the milk glass. I'd forgotten that was supposed to be included.

So I opened the box again, and found it tucked between two layers of foam.

There's a few small parts that may be inadvertently 'lost' like that with this set. The hat itself was a in a little ziplock bag outside the box.

Any suggestions where to order it from? No eBay sellers in the US got it yet. The quicker the better obviously.

Back