Statue Legolas Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am keeping my fingers crossed for a pre-order tonight! I hope they also sneak in a peek at the next maquette in the line too!

But they heavily hinted at a quick release schedule and Legolas shortly after SDCC. It would make me a bit wary to have too many of these on preorder before even Aragorn is released 1st quarter, 2010, though.

:wave :D

But they heavily hinted at a quick release schedule and Legolas shortly after SDCC. It would make me a bit wary to have too many of these on preorder before even Aragorn is released 1st quarter, 2010, though.

I'm really surprised that we haven't seen Legolas OR the Mordor Orc PF yet; SS stated around SDCC that we would be hearing something "shortly after". I do, however, feel the same as you about announcing another maquette when we're already 8 months away from the 2nd offering (GTG) scheduled to ship. They could end up with a scenario where items are so far off that interest begins to wane.

When will Legolas be up for pre-order? I guess we will have to go through a preview and then an order a week later, but we are running up on Spooktacular and SS mentioned during SDCC that Legolas would likely be pre-ordering only one month later. August has come and gone, and September is quickly fading...

:(

When will Legolas be up for pre-order? I guess we will have to go through a preview and then an order a week later, but we are running up on Spooktacular and SS mentioned during SDCC that Legolas would likely be pre-ordering only one month later. August has come and gone, and September is quickly fading...

:(

I know what you mean....... Well Sideshow?? Where is Legolas!!??!!

deeeeeeead line!!

Ha, i'm sure it's not, but LOTR seems to be down the SS pecking order these days, and it's this kind of slow announcements and releases that make me think we'll be very lucky to see the sort of range in characters and creatures in this maquette line that we saw in the days of SSW.

No new announcement since SDCC and no hints at anything coming either. Yeah, this line is pretty much gonna go the way of the dioramas, legendary scale busts, and the 12" line I think.

I was looking forward to this line too, oh well.... :monkey2

Is the dio line officially "on hold"?

Is the dio line officially "on hold"?

No word at all, but nothing new since the clash of kings doesn't bode well, and when was that announced? Last years spook?

Pssst, Sideshow, give the statue line back to Weta as it should have happened so they can carry on where they left off, and not do re-treads ;)

I like this line as I am a new collector in LOTR, so I hope it holds up and we get maybe four per year with maybe a creature or fringe character thrown in once a year. But I did think we would be preordering Legolas already so there could be an Orc or other baddie during Spooktacular.

deeeeeeead line!!

Ha, i'm sure it's not, but LOTR seems to be down the SS pecking order these days, and it's this kind of slow announcements and releases that make me think we'll be very lucky to see the sort of range in characters and creatures in this maquette line that we saw in the days of SSW.

They will purposely withold Gimli from the PF line until they release most of the fellowship for this one (in machine gun fashioin) as a marketing tool. Poor PF line. :gah:

No word at all, but nothing new since the clash of kings doesn't bode well, and when was that announced? Last years spook?

Pssst, Sideshow, give the statue line back to Weta as it should have happened so they can carry on where they left off, and not do re-treads ;)

I think at first glance it might be easy to categorize these new maquettes as simply a rehashing of the former line, though this simplistic view is not entirely accurate. The simple truth is no single statue can capture every aspect of a character's personality [where good guys are concerned] and while every statue revealed so far is one that has been done before it appears to me SS has made every effort to show these characters in a different light. Where possible, they have used alternate costuming [Boromir, Arwen, and Legolas] to emphasis a different aspect of that character's personality and where this is not possible, such as in the instances of Aragorn and GTG, they have attempted to do this by posing the characters in a different way than has been done before. SSW portrayed Gandalf as the trusted leader of the fellowship, SS has portrayed him as the powerful wizard he is. SSW portrayed Aragorn as a fearless warrior, and SS has portrayed him moreso as the mysterious ranger we were first introduced to in the movie. To me these are not a re-tread or rehashing of old characters, they are a re-visiting of those characters. With the emphasis being not only to shine a new light on a different aspect of their personalities.....but to actually have the characters look like the actors who portrayed them.

Last edited:
Back